Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 02:11 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
It doesn't bother me. After all California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas were all once part of Mexico, I mean come on think of the city names, "Los Angeles" not "The Angels", "San Francisco" not "Saint Frank", the list of city names goes on. And it's not like they were flashing the flag at some guys face or anything. Or burning the American Flag. It also looks like a Mexican Restaurant. Should we ban all flags but America's?

And Obama didn't let these people into this country. These people were here before white Americans including myself. Operation ******* and many other similar operations dragged Mexican-Americans out of their houses to give to white folk. People of Mexican descent were deported back to a country they didn't ever live in simply because it was their same ethnic group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

Doesn't matter though, many people won't care to listen or read or do their research. My whole thing is this, if you want a "White America" or if you dislike an ethnicity, just come out and say it man. Now is the best time to do so since it seems to be the cool thing to do.
Oh yes he did. Its called open borders. You let immigrants in without any form of assimilation . Where are you getting white america from?

Old 11-04-2016, 02:22 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
I noticed Trump supporters wave American flags.

Trump protesters wave Mexican flags and burn American ones.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I think the self-identified veteran, who needs to take better care of that knife, should have asked the shop-owner why he had the Mexican flag on top. He missed an opportunity for civil discourse and education. Not everyone knows the Flag Code. Including him. Crumble the American flag into a ball like a dirty t-shirt? Ummm....no.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
I noticed Trump supporters wave American flags.

Trump protesters wave Mexican flags and burn American ones.
Stop it.

Liberals can't handle truth outside of their safe spaces.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:36 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think the self-proclaimed veteran, who needs to take better care of that knife, should have asked the shop-owner why he had the Mexican flag on top. He missed an opportunity for civil discourse and education. Not everyone knows the flag code. Including him. Crumble it into a ball like a dirty t-shirt? Ummm....no.
Everyone including the Mexicans know why they fly their flag and over the American flag. They believe they are conquering America.

Quote:
It doesn't bother me. After all California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas were all once part of Mexico,
For 12 years or so Mexico claimed these states, France even claimed Texas longer than that. America has laid legal recognized claim to those now states for going on 200 years now, not to mention there was almost no population or development prior. Spain claimed the territory including Mexico for about 300 years. So should Mexico be reclaimed by Spain too?

Quote:
I mean come on think of the city names, "Los Angeles" not "The Angels", "San Francisco" not "Saint Frank", the list of city names goes on.
That doesn't mean anything. Anglos accepted or named things with Spanish and Indian names out of symbolism and sentimentality for others, something Mexican seem to lack in affording to others.

Last edited by mtl1; 11-04-2016 at 03:45 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 03:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Everyone including the Mexicans know why they fly their flag and over the American flag. They believe they are conquering America.
No comment on the veteran's treatment of our flag? I've seen 7-year-old's show more respect.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
The fact is statistics show hispanics are assimilating as quickly as other immigrant groups before them. We just have so many new hispanic immigrants that it disguises this fact.

I live in a neighborhood that is 50% hispanic, it is not any different really than the all white neighborhood I grew up in.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:46 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is statistics show hispanics are assimilating as quickly as other immigrant groups before them. We just have so many new hispanic immigrants that it disguises this fact.

I live in a neighborhood that is 50% hispanic, it is not any different really than the all white neighborhood I grew up in.
This is true. I just hate leftists and I am correct in their flag choices while protesting Trump. Wave Mexican, burn American.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
It doesn't bother me. After all California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas were all once part of Mexico, I mean come on think of the city names, "Los Angeles" not "The Angels", "San Francisco" not "Saint Frank", the list of city names goes on. And it's not like they were flashing the flag at some guys face or anything. Or burning the American Flag. It also looks like a Mexican Restaurant. Should we ban all flags but America's?

And Obama didn't let these people into this country. These people were here before white Americans including myself. Operation ******* and many other similar operations dragged Mexican-Americans out of their houses to give to white folk. People of Mexican descent were deported back to a country they didn't ever live in simply because it was their same ethnic group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

Doesn't matter though, many people won't care to listen or read or do their research. My whole thing is this, if you want a "White America" or if you dislike an ethnicity, just come out and say it man. Now is the best time to do so since it seems to be the cool thing to do.

He probably would not have done that had the Stars & Stripes been flying high above that green & red rag.
It isn't a restaurant. It is a Bar. No one under 21 allowed.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:53 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
This is exactly what should have happened...

I have no problem at all with what the veteran did, but it would have been nice if he had first gone into the store and explained to them that what they were doing was illegal, disrespectful, and insulting.

My question though is this... Those flag, according to the story, had been flying for quite a while. Why didn't the cops take them down, or force the owner to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies