Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

And credible news sources are saying she forwarded e-mails, that were later classified to her daughter, that were about climate change. Not about raping kids, not about loving Islamic radicalism and wanting to see American servicemen killed.

Quite a different story than the 11th hour lies being told by people trying to sway the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
If Hillary wins. Obama will have 8 to 10 weeks or so, to figure out how to pardon her.
How many people can he pardon?

If he pardons the clintons at the top of the criminal gang, how many of their lieutenants are still left to twist, and tell all?

Quite a few, I'd wager.

CN

Old 11-05-2016, 08:11 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I've been hearing that from different sources.

I have no idea if any of it is at all true.

Doug Hagmann is one of the sources saying this.

Hagmann was one of the first to say the FBI reopened its case because of content found on Weiner's laptop.

He also said a few days ago that Giuliani was one of the people that had inside information on this. Yesterday, Giuliani publicly said he did have sources providing him information.

If Weiner's laptop has on it what is being claimed, it could take down a lot of people, both Republicans, and Democrats.

However, right now it's all just speculation.

If it does I hope it will.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:17 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
If Hillary wins. Obama will have 8 to 10 weeks or so, to figure out how to pardon her.
My question about that is if she is elected and not charged with crimes until after Obama steps down in January, what then? Could Obama pardon her without her being charged with a crime or pardon her before charges are brought?

Old 11-05-2016, 08:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Who the hell is "Kim Dotcom"?

Not the guy next door.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom

Old 11-05-2016, 08:20 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
My question about that is if she is elected and not charged with crimes until after Obama steps down in January, what then? Could Obama pardon her without her being charged with a crime or pardon her before charges are brought?

I'm a bit hazy on my history with this, but I think that's what Gerald Ford did for Nixon. To forego all the continuing mess that further investigation, and prosecution of a resigned POTUS would cause for the country.

CN

Old 11-05-2016, 08:33 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I'm a bit hazy on my history with this, but I think that's what Gerald Ford did for Nixon. To forego all the continuing mess that further investigation, and prosecution of a resigned POTUS would cause for the country.

CN
Interesting point. Obama might be able to discontinue investigations into Hillary, but my gut tells me others involved may not be so lucky. One ugly situation. However, charges were leveled on Nixon before he resigned. I'm not sure charges brought by the House is the same as criminal charges coming out of the FBI, but I have a hunch all can be pardoned.

"In 1974, the House of Representatives charges President Richard M. Nixon with the first of three articles of impeachment for obstruction of justice after he refused to release White House tape recordings that contained crucial information regarding the Watergate scandal."

Nixon charged with first of three articles of impeachment - Jul 27, 1974 - HISTORY.com

Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And credible news sources are saying she forwarded e-mails, that were later classified to her daughter, that were about climate change. Not about raping kids, not about loving Islamic radicalism and wanting to see American servicemen killed.

Quite a different story than the 11th hour lies being told by people trying to sway the election.

You are correct, Hillary gave Chelsea classified information. There is no information on when the contents of the email became classified.

This email was not turned over by Hillary, the email was recovered by the FBI during its initial investigation.

This new story about Hillary giving Chelsea classified information is not part of the new emails that initiated reopening of the email investigation.

Just to be perfectly clear, the email to Chelsea was an email recovered in the initial investigation, it is not part of the newly reopened investigation.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:37 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Interesting point. Obama might be able to discontinue investigations into Hillary, but my gut tells me others involved may not be so lucky. One ugly situation. However, charges were leveled on Nixon before he resigned. I'm not sure charges brought by the House is the same as criminal charges coming out of the FBI, but I have a hunch all can be pardoned.

"In 1974, the House of Representatives charges President Richard M. Nixon with the first of three articles of impeachment for obstruction of justice after he refused to release White House tape recordings that contained crucial information regarding the Watergate scandal."

Nixon charged with first of three articles of impeachment - Jul 27, 1974 - HISTORY.com
The House can not make criminal charges, that comes from the executive branch.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Timing is off.

Hillary has not been charged with any crimes.

Here's the timing for Nixon:

5/1974- House Judiciary Committee opened Impeachment Hearings

8/1974- Nixon Resigned

9/1974- Ford issued a full pardon of Nixon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies