Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 06:52 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,777,894 times

Advertisements

....Forget who you support or don't support. One thing that has CLEARLY been exposed in this election is the pure corruption in our major news media outlets. All Americans need to start a grass routes effort to completely boycott them. I will not even allow my television to scan over their channels ever again. They have became nothing more then a wing of the government spreading mass propaganda with a pure agenda to attempt to make us think exactly how they want and need us to think. It's completely out of control. I hope one by one their ratings fall so low they are forced out of business. We now have social media everywhere and we can obtain our news via free flowing sources. And not the state sponsored corrupt entities our news media has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:56 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,792,959 times
So now you don't even trust your own conservative media because at times they have the audacity to pretend to be fair?

Are you going to only consult with yourself like Trump does?

Are you going to get your news from radical far right wing delusional blogs?

Old 11-05-2016, 06:56 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,945,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
....Forget who you support or don't support. One thing that has CLEARLY been exposed in this election is the pure corruption in our major news media outlets. All Americans need to start a grass routes effort to completely boycott them. I will not even allow my television to scan over their channels ever again. They have became nothing more then a wing of the government spreading mass propaganda with a pure agenda to attempt to make us think exactly how they want and need us to think. It's completely out of control. I hope one by one their ratings fall so low they are forced out of business. We now have social media everywhere and we can obtain our news via free flowing sources. And not the state sponsored corrupt entities our news media has become.
The media is corrupted by $$, that's for sure. You can see that by the way they handed the Trump campaign legitimacy, because that brought in enormous viewership to watch his daily antics. Trump has manipulated the media like a puppet master. The "MSM" is the ONLY reason Donald Trump ever had a ghost of a chance in becoming President of the USA. I've noticed in the waning days of the campaign how quiet the Radical Right has gotten about the "MSM", its sort of amusing.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:58 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Welcome to the club OP. Our media is less trustworthy than Russia and North Korea and is really just a propaganda arm of the Democrats....I trust no one in the media, in fact if they say it, I assume the opposite is the case.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The media is corrupted by $$, that's for sure. You can see that by the way they handed the Trump campaign legitimacy, because that brought is enormous viewership to watch his daily antics. Trump has manipulated the media like a puppet master. The "MSM" is the ONLY reason Donald Trump ever had a ghost of a chance in becoming President of the USA. I've noticed in the waning days of the campaign how quiet the Radical Right has gotten about the "MSM", its sort of amusing.
I didn't even know what MSM was until I started reading posts here a few weeks ago. I always thought it stood for men who have sex with men.

it's funny how people say the media is only liberal, and you are correct, without the media Donald Trump would have not even gotten he Republican nomination.

Trump has only one person to blame for the negative media about himself......Donald Trump,

Old 11-05-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Welcome to the club OP. Our media is less trustworthy than Russia and North Korea and is really just a propaganda arm of the Democrats....I trust no one in the media, in fact if they say it, I assume the opposite is the case.
North Korea doesn't have free media, and I'm sure Putin controls a lot of the Russian media since he's a dictator thief.

We have freedom of the press in the US. It you don't like it move to one of those other countries.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:06 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,701,246 times
Most of the Media in this Election cycle is clearly OWNED by Hillary and her cronies.
Just recently they have started giving Trump some positive airtime.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:06 AM

7,741 posts, read 5,535,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This is absolutely untrue.

Unbelievable.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:08 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,297,503 times
The only legitimate word I use with the media is biased. Depending on what you are watching, listening to, or reading, there seems to always be a slant to it (obviously left or right).

The corruption that exists in media is no different than any other business, fed by dollars, and driven by the public's taste for blood, regardless of the rhetoric of wanting down the middle opinions. The media is out to make money, and either you chose to watch or not, and the networks/stations get their advertising dollars and make profit.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:10 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
This is absolutely untrue.

Unbelievable.
How's that kool aide? Our major media are complete dishonest liars....think for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies