Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 07:45 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah--Hitler didn't trust a free press either.

I'll never trust Wikileaks again. Russian front.
So you only trusted wiki-leaks when they were releasing factual evidence that harmed the Bush administration, But now that they are releasing factual evidence of Hilliary and the DNC's corruption you chose not to believe it.

Wiki-leaks is not a news source they merely obtain information that corrupt politicians would prefer to be kept secret, and leak it out to the free people of the world.
I can were liberals would find that offensive.

bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 11:23 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Donald Trump has the same set of values as the MSM, they are a match made in heaven. Any publicity is good publicity; any $$ fluttering in the breeze is a good $$. Both are purely self absorbed.
I'll grant you that Trump thinks any publicity is good publicity. But Clinton's use of the media is as devious--getting questions in advance (sorry you weren't included, Bernie), speaking mainly to reporters who has her campaign review their stories before being published, calling journalists that ask hard questions "dicks" (you're probably the only one at CNN that's impartial, Jake Tapper). Want me to go on?

Definition of partisan hack--any reporter that fails to present both sides of a story. And most reporters are.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
After this election, I will never trust major media in this country again and neither should you!...
Its sad when we have corrupt FBI feeding information (real, or false) to corrupt media in an attempt to sway the elections. Who can you trust?

Old 11-05-2016, 11:30 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
....Forget who you support or don't support. One thing that has CLEARLY been exposed in this election is the pure corruption in our major news media outlets. All Americans need to start a grass routes effort to completely boycott them. I will not even allow my television to scan over their channels ever again. They have became nothing more then a wing of the government spreading mass propaganda with a pure agenda to attempt to make us think exactly how they want and need us to think. It's completely out of control. I hope one by one their ratings fall so low they are forced out of business. We now have social media everywhere and we can obtain our news via free flowing sources. And not the state sponsored corrupt entities our news media has become.

You are right. I am going to start by boycotting Fox News for the all the lies it reports as news and its blatant promotion of the Republican Party. I will also boycott all talk radio as it is a market completely dominated by lunatics.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:33 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
DP, what are you talking about? Kristol hates Trump, thinks he is a disgrace, may even be a #neverTrump-er and Peltz donated to both Trump and the DNC. The media has proven itself to be the basket of deplorables in this election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I do. I see Stephen Bannon, Bill Kristol, and Nelson Peltz pulling the puppet strings on the clown trump. Social Media is flooded with lies and race baiting trash constantly. The National Enquirer is Trumps legit source, we officially live in a bizzaro world.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:39 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
It's been eye opening how corrupt and biased the msm has been. As soon as a guest starts talking about something the msm has been supressing, the cut them off. The latest from Brett Hume...If it weren't so pathetic, it would be comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGs9iTcDFo

Old 11-05-2016, 11:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
No reason to wait until after the election. Many of us have stopped listening to them or taking their word for anything years ago. They have betrayed their right to the first amendment protections given so they could be the watchdog for the people. They have chosen to be the lapdog of liberals.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:51 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
....Forget who you support or don't support. One thing that has CLEARLY been exposed in this election is the pure corruption in our major news media outlets. All Americans need to start a grass routes effort to completely boycott them. I will not even allow my television to scan over their channels ever again. They have became nothing more then a wing of the government spreading mass propaganda with a pure agenda to attempt to make us think exactly how they want and need us to think. It's completely out of control. I hope one by one their ratings fall so low they are forced out of business. We now have social media everywhere and we can obtain our news via free flowing sources. And not the state sponsored corrupt entities our news media has become.

Lost trust in them 20 years ago. Love the NY Times layoffs to come. Journalism is now a dying career choice, caused by journalists.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:02 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Media bias was exposed a long time ago. The only people who don't see media bias are the ones who are supporting who the media props up. In 2012, the media bias was clearly blatant, but people didn't notice because the media bias was not trashing their candidate. In 2008, the media was colossally biased but again, many didn't notice because it wasn't trashing their candidate. In 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992, etc the media was bias.

Dan Rather...it was bloggers that caused his job loss. A blog that was, at the time, right wing, called 'Little Green Footballs', is the one that brought the lies about the so called letter to the public because the media was totally biased.

(By the way, that was back when bloggers took their craft seriously. Now people throw a blog up on the internet, use click bait titles to get people to read, and they rake in money off of advertising...blogging is not what it used to be.)

Brian whatshisface...Williams and his Iraq war lies...

Seriously, the only time people wake up and see it is when it's their own being dragged through the mud by the lying media. The media in this country has been a propaganda arm for the US government for a long, long, long time. A LONG time.

No one should trust the media. It's why people like Assange are getting all kinds of attention. Assange doesn't write those emails, he simply leaks them. Wikileaks has a 10 year track record of complete truth. Not a single time in 10 years has anything they put out been false.

The people who cry about this, pretending that there is no bias, are utter morons who shouldn't even be allowed to make decisions because they are too stupid, and will undoubtedly bring problems on to other people with their idiotic choices.

It's time that the media gets a serious overhaul. We can start by not paying them millions a year. We can then go in to the schools and start teaching ethics....and while there, maybe they stop telling females to talk like they have a stick shoved up their backside while reporting. Seriously. Listen to reporters on scene, they ALL talk the same way...same nuances, same inflections...God it's annoying.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
So now you don't even trust your own conservative media because at times they have the audacity to pretend to be fair?

Are you going to only consult with yourself like Trump does?

Are you going to get your news from radical far right wing delusional blogs?
Blah blah blah. You go from talking about renting and home ownership issues to full on, non stop posting about politics over a year AFTER the election season started....it's clear you are being paid. I put paid posters on ignore. Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies