Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 04:58 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Very true, and it's probably more secure than Hillary's email was.
Yes a Google account using proprietary software designed and maintained by thousands of engineers 24/7 is going to be more secure than a private server using off the shelf software maintained by part time IT guy. One thing you are doing with Google account assuming no encryption is potentially exposing that information to techs in the data center. This is irrelevant argument compared to Clinton because she did same thing when the server was moved from her home to a data center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 05:00 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Read the link careful. It says he listed google Mail on his business card. That is not the same as having a private server. This is desperate attempt.
par for the OP.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
How is it irrelevant? If classified information was sent or received via his private email he would still be held accountable.
What I said was the use of a private email account itself was irrelevant, his email communications are not subject to FOI requests. Whether it's private email account, private server or a government account the only way those records would be obtainable is with a search warrant. They belong to him.

Hillary's communications as an employee of the government on the other hand are subject to FOI requests, they belong to us.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:12 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
I watched all the hearings and she did not say any of that 40 times. Maybe once or twice. So, that's a lie.
I'm talking about her interview with the FBI, which I'm sure you couldn't watch. There's no reason to lie if you can get way with 'I don't recall' dozens of times.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I watched all the hearings and she did not say any of that 40 times. Maybe once or twice. So, that's a lie.
The FBI interview was not public. There is 40 instances in the FBI notations where she answered she could not recall or did not provide an answer.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:17 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
Cassy, read your own article. Here's a quote from it: Clinton was sworn in as secretary the prior month, and had become "hooked" on reading and answering emails on a BlackBerry she used during the 2008 presidential race.

She wanted a Blackberry. They declined it. After some thrashing around about what she could have, she went with her own unsecured Blackberry.

It's ironic that you don't find the fox article credible, but freely use Politicus. Nevertheless, if you don't like the fox new article about the 81 email chains with classified information, how about the actual FBI report? Just scroll to the 2nd page, 7th line:

https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-cli...-01-of-04/view

I did watch the Comey hearings. Gowdy did a wonderful job. I understand Clinton's arguments. She got a pass.

Chaffetz was conducting an investigation into the use of private emails and the FOIA. He doesn't even have security clearance, so this whole story by "Politicus" is nuts.

Here's an article as to why Congress feels it should be exempt (that's Dems and Pubs alike) that might help in your discussion with Cummings:

Why FOIA Obligations Don't Apply to Congress - Management - GovExec.com

And here's a bipartisan piece of legislation that might help you in your discussion with Cummings:

House Passes Bipartisan FOIA Reform Legislation | Committee on Oversight and Government Reform - Democrats

Quote:
Since when?

"We began examining options for (Secretary Clinton) with respect to secure 'BlackBerry-like' communications," wrote Donald R. Reid, the department's assistant director for security infrastructure. "The current state of the art is not too user friendly, has no infrastructure at State, and is very expensive."
Reid wrote that each time they asked the NSA what solution they had worked up to provide a mobile device to Obama, "we were politely told to shut up and color.""

That's what I read that she was told and it was noted by her in the hearings.
Emails show NSA rejected Hillary Clinton's request for secure smartphone - CBS News

I don't believe anything coming from inside sources via fox news let alone such a silly oped. And link to the hearings where 81 chains are reported. Gowdy is a witch hunter and bugged out because he din't get what he wanted. He's the king of spin.

Why don't you watch the 4-6 hours of comey hearings before you form an opinion. Fox news sources through infowars.

And Chaffetz and all of congress should be held to the same standards. I'm calling Warren's office on Monday and reaching out to Cummings. This is bull that congress exempt themselves. That is going to come to an end. They should not be above the law.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
A google email address is not a private server.
Details and facts don't matter to liberals, they'll try to use this to cover Hillary using an illegal private server. Just look at her #1 cheerleader foaming at the mouth to defend her in this thread.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
That's likely because of Gowdy's "scheme" attack when questioning Comey. He was spinning it and that's why it's important to take the entire investigation as a whole for context.
This doesn't need spin, she repeatedly lied to the public about this and even lied about lying.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:19 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What I said was the use of a private email account itself was irrelevant, his email communications are not subject to FOI requests. Whether it's private email account, private server or a government account the only way those records would be obtainable is with a search warrant. They belong to him.

Hillary's communications as an employee of the government on the other hand are subject to FOI requests, they belong to us.
I hope a search warrant is obtained and that the laws change where congress is concerned. They should also be held to the same. We pay their salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This doesn't need spin, she repeatedly lied to the public about this and even lied about lying.
That's a lie.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:23 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Details and facts don't matter to liberals, they'll try to use this to cover Hillary using an illegal private server. Just look at her #1 cheerleader foaming at the mouth to defend her in this thread.
Only spin matters to the right. It's made up as they go along. It's all fairy tale conspiracy theories and your birther Trump is the leader of the pack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies