Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 08:12 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
And Trump supporters:

Donald Trump boasted that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.
Yeah, but that's because many Trump supporters love to shoot their guns...

Old 11-07-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'm not voting for Trump or Hillary, but Trump is far more qualified than Obama was when he took office. I seem to remember being scoffed at by the left for pointing out Obama's lack of qualifications.
You are entitled to your opinion of course, but...

Look up any reputable ranking of U.S. Presidents, and you will generally find Obama ranks pretty well all considered. Maybe that's one of the more significant problems with the average American as perhaps reflected by so many of these comments, very little of all that needs to be considered is actually considered at all.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:16 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
I don't hate DT. I'm terrified of him. I believe he is an authoritarian.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:18 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jayy View Post
I don't think that should be taken literally. He was defending himself against the constant attacks on his character by the liberal media, as anyone else would have done. (Again, I'm not necessarily saying that all of the attacks are unwarranted).

If you are running for President of the United States of America everything you say will be taken literally.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Crime has been trending up in many cities. And most people know Trump isn't going to be able to do everything he promises, but at least he brought up mass immigration, globalism, and the liberal lying media. Trump has been saying things similar to what he's saying now going back about 30 years.
Separating fact from fiction...

President Barack Obama said there have been “huge drops in the murder rates” in cities like New York, Los Angeles and Dallas. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said “violent crime has increased in cities across America.” Which is it? We’ll score this one for Obama.

The long-term trend is a decline, not only in the murder rates per population, but the total number of murders in the cities Obama mentioned, and nationwide. The same goes for violent crime. Trump was referring to a recent year-over-year increase in murders in some cities.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/du...n-crime-trend/

Right! Why bother to separate fact from fiction in this forum...

Old 11-07-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'm not voting for Trump or Hillary, but Trump is far more qualified than Obama was when he took office. I seem to remember being scoffed at by the left for pointing out Obama's lack of qualifications.
As Trump would interrupt, "WRONG!"

Old 11-07-2016, 08:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I don't hate DT. I'm terrified of him. I believe he is an authoritarian.
I honestly believe he will destroy this country and start WWIII

Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It is very simple .... the two things that make one a Trump supporting conservative is the inability for original thinking 2) Trumps propaganda which has in choir like fashion, programmed the dolts quite efficiently

Never before have we seen such outrageous bias ... constantly bashing both sides.
Fair? Or at least just as fair?

Old 11-07-2016, 08:49 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
If Trump supporters think he can stop Globalism they are going to be really sad.

Who owns all the big breweries?

The ice cream

The cement

The eye glass industry, all of it

Medication

Half the American name brand stuff we buy at the grocery store

Many local and state governments purchase Chinese steel for their taxpayer paid for roads and bridges. Perhaps more for an American made products would mean less welfare paid out.

Running political campaigns and the tv industry is about all the "American" stuff left.

I don't hate Trump. I long for the day civics and government are returned to the classroom.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes "isolationism" or "protectionism" or "nationalism" or America first is the solution to mass immigration and mass trade deficits. And the liberal and globalist biased media and academia is a huge issue.
I won't argue on the isolationism part, as I don't necessarily feel passionate about it. Frankly, I think isolationism is naive. We should be active in the global economy, we should just do a better job of how we do it.

As for liberal/globalist media, again, not the main issue. We can **** all over CNN and MSNBC but in reality, Breitbart is equally **** at journalism. Places like Breitbart and Huffpo practice something called narrative journalism. It's the opposite of objective journalism. Objective journalism is reporting facts, statistics, and genuine honest dialogue. It takes personal bias out of it to the absolute greatest extent possible. Narrative journalism doesn't care. Breitbart, likely for purposes of revenue, want you to know they're pro-Trump. If Trump says something that isn't true, it will be excused, ignored, or otherwise spread as if it were true by Breitbart. But if Hillary does it, they'll run that same story a few times a week. Same with Huffpo, which may actually be worse as it's more so a blogging platform.

Media is bad because journalism isn't care about anymore. It's not profitable enough. Clickbait and "entertainment news" are profitable. It's rare anymore to get good journalism. It does still happen, but frankly, I have yet to find a single source that consistently does it. Some places do it more, but a huge chunk of journalism seems to just happen by accident. Saying "the liberal media" is the problem is kind of like saying "Hitler's mustache is the problem." It's good you recognize a problem, but really, your criticism has nothing to do with anything of substance and is entirely personal preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies