Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 11:24 AM

28,581 posts, read 18,625,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I do not begrudge a person owning weapon for hunting, collection, etc. I have no interest in any of those things so

Though anyone who says they own a gun for protection is an idiot who can't do math. I mean you would have to be pretty dense (or a crack dealer) to think your chance of being a victim of a crime where you have a chance of defending yourself is higher than someone in your family accidentally/purposely getting killed.
I can do math, but you'd have to show me that math and how it applies specifically to me and my family.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,282,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
We want to keep guns out of the hands of hooligans

Oops! Too late.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:48 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,576,325 times
I don't own a gun. My family has always been big on guns, supposedly for "safety". Seven of them have gotten shot so far, five suicides, two accidents, one of those a three year old. Only one survived (put his eye out.) So much for safety.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:51 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,488,759 times
Quote:
The 2nd amendment does not guarantee you the right to have assault weapons, be free from background checks or own plutonium, becuase I'm sure the NRA would fight for the right of individuals to own nuclear weapons if they could.
Look, no offense to you personally but you have demonstrated what a typical democrat is like:

1. You don't know what the 2nd Amendment is even about.
2. You don't know that a bunch of peasants fought the most powerful military might the history had seen at the time and won.
3. You don't know what assault weapon is.
4. You think background check is a good idea.
5. You don't know voting for Democrats is voting to remove guns.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:53 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,488,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
I don't own a gun. My family has always been big on guns, supposedly for "safety". Seven of them have gotten shot so far, five suicides, two accidents, one of those a three year old. Only one survived (put his eye out.) So much for safety.
Depression and many mental diseases run in families.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:53 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,667,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Oops! Too late.
I'm glad someone got the joke.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:54 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,891,997 times
Quote:
The 2nd amendment does not guarantee you the right to have assault weapons, be free from background checks or own plutonium, becuase I'm sure the NRA would fight for the right of individuals to own nuclear weapons if they could.
1. What is an assault weapon (my guess you are ignorant here).

2. The 2nd states one thing of note to the powers of government. "The right to bare arms shall not be infringed". No more, no less that is all and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or violating their oath of office.

The Federal Government incorporated the 2nd Amendment (you probably don't know what that means). That means, the 2nd Amendment as it is written in the US Constitution overrides ALL the state constitutions. Agree or disagree with the legitimacy of incorporation, that is what they did.

So, every state must completely abide by the 2nd Amendment as it is written in the US Constitution. This means, no federal, state, county or city/town can infringe on this.

That means no background checks, no registers, no nothing. It means.... they have no say, they can't even talk about it (ie to take any action).

Now I am sure you will rush off to google and quote me DC vs Heller, which will be funny because you people argue on for and against that decision as it fits you depending on the topic, and you will provide me Roberts comments on how the states could still regulate it .

Problem is, Roberts is in violation of his office to make such a claim (not a surprise, he rewrote the ACA to approve it). You see, he "added" to the 2nd Amendment in the US Constitution in order to make such a claim. The 2nd has no additional text, no special rules or conditions. It is so clear as to speak to the peoples understanding of the time who did not have law degrees and special education in word obfuscation from their favorite progressive institute for collective thought. Point is, Roberts legislated from the bench and should have been impeached because of it.

Now here is the thing. This government hasn't been following the Constitution or its own laws for over a century, even further if you dig deep. So neither the executive, legislative, or the judicial branches really care about if they are held to it. I mean, what is going to happen? Us peasants seem to be too stupid to understand simple words without being told there is some "special" meaning to them.

So, you go ahead and say what you like about what the government can do. I am sure it will do whatever it wants and I am sure enough idiots out there will be cheering on as they urinate on the very things that was designed to help protect them. You go on though, I don't care what someone who obviously has no clue of the law, of the history of this country or even what a gun is thinks. You are just one more sheep telling me how you are going to have big government come and kill me if I don't worship at the feet of it.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Look, no offense to you personally but you have demonstrated what a typical democrat is like:

1. You don't know what the 2nd Amendment is even about.
2. You don't know that a bunch of peasants fought the most powerful military might the history had seen at the time and won.
3. You don't know what assault weapon is.
4. You think background check is a good idea.
5. You don't know voting for Democrats is voting to remove guns.

I voted for Bill Clinton twice and Obama twice and no one removed guns.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Bought my first gun about a year ago.

Home defense 12 gauge shotgun.

Before moving to Texas was always skeptical about using for home defense (in Colorado and before that California) as I figured if you had to blast someone who has broken into your home... you would end up in more trouble than it was worth.

Here in TX you don't have to worry about that.
In TX I think you get a prize for that.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 AM

7,469 posts, read 6,205,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....
I own seven counting my BB gun. Just because..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies