Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 08:39 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times

Advertisements

I don't care that Trump won. I'll be fine (unless he pushes nationwide stop & frisk) regardless of who the President is.

That said, Trump's win was not some mandate by voters against the Left or for the Right. A mandate require participation. Trump's win, if anything, was a meh-ndate. The Left's base didn't care enough to turn out. The Right had a lower turnout than when Romney, McCain, or GWB ran.

Yes, Trump won the vote, but it wasn't a platform that rallied new people to his or Conservative cause. It wasn't a platform that drew support from the masses. It wasn't even a platform that drew support from previous Republicans. But it did draw more support than Hillary's, so there's that.

It doesn't change the fact that he won, but let's not pretend that this means anything about what the where the country is, where our beliefs are, or what direction the country is headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 08:50 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I don't care that Trump won. I'll be fine (unless he pushes nationwide stop & frisk) regardless of who the President is.

That said, Trump's win was not some mandate by voters against the Left or for the Right. A mandate require participation. Trump's win, if anything, was a meh-ndate. The Left's base didn't care enough to turn out. The Right had a lower turnout than when Romney, McCain, or GWB ran.

Yes, Trump won the vote, but it wasn't a platform that rallied new people to his or Conservative cause. It wasn't a platform that drew support from the masses. It wasn't even a platform that drew support from previous Republicans. But it did draw more support than Hillary's, so there's that.

It doesn't change the fact that he won, but let's not pretend that this means anything about what the where the country is, where our beliefs are, or what direction the country is headed.

If you say so, it must be true.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:

The hell it wasn't.
It was a mandate on the Global Mafia. A big middle finger.
America 1st... again.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:57 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
There has not been a mandate since 1984.

That did not stop the Democrats from shoving Obamacare down our throats .

Old 11-13-2016, 08:59 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
What is so wrong with stop and frisk? If it stops people from carrying drugs and illegal guns out of fear of being arrested if they do isn't that a good thing?

The Left thought they had it in the bag and they never factored in the Deplorables that turned out in force to make a stand against an anti American candidate.

I would like to think that our country is heading toward a place where breaking the law actually has consequences and where people are held responsible for their actions instead of passing the blame.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:59 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
I don't care that Trump won. I'll be fine (unless he pushes nationwide stop & frisk) regardless of who the President is. .
What have you got to hide, big Ed?, Why are you worried about stop and frisk? The only way anyone would ever be stopped and frisked would be is you look like a low life criminal.
No one who is dressed and acting appropriately will ever be stopped for no reason.
You are so going to love president Trump...

Old 11-13-2016, 09:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There has not been a mandate since 1984.

That did not stop the Democrats from shoving Obamacare down our throats .

No, doubt! The war has really only just begun.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:00 AM

1,327 posts, read 723,530 times
It's an enormous mandate. The entire federal government and what, 31-33 states are in republican hands. Get ready for BIG changes.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:02 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Let's be clear, elections have consequenses

Old 11-13-2016, 09:06 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:

The election was a mandate against the Washington elites on both sides and against the mainstream media who attempted to influence this election like never before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies