Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:23 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In an interview Tuesday with ABC's "Nightline," Lil Wayne said he does not feel connected to the social justice movement, which formed in recent years amid protests over police use of force against African Americans.
Personally, I don't see why he's catching so much hate for his views. He's even being called out by other celebrities for his opinions (accused of "cooning", being an Uncle Tom, etc). Why can't we have different opinions as black people?

Lil Wayne is not here for Black Lives Matter - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Personally, I don't see why he's catching so much hate for his views. He's even being called out by other celebrities for his opinions (accused of "cooning", being an Uncle Tom, etc). Why can't we have different opinions as black people?

Lil Wayne is not here for Black Lives Matter - CNN.com
He didnt state that he had a different opinion, more so that he has never felt racism because he has been mentored by a famous rapper since he was 10 years old( was never pour past adolescence ). In short , he has been famous since before puberty.

He said he cant identify, that isnt the same as having a different opinion.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:35 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
You have to tote the Dem party line or you get Outed regardless of who you are!

Old 11-07-2016, 11:43 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,686,999 times
I remember seeing a video of talking heads on ESPN of all networks trying to persuade Lil' Wayne to get on board with the BLM movement and admit how racist America is and all that, and he just wasn't having any of it. I never really had an opinion about him until I saw his courage in refusing to hop on a bandwagon that is probably popular with his core audience.

Still can't stand your music though, Wayne. Sorry.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:51 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
He's not really in opposition to them though. He's not resisting them in anyway. He's not saying they shouldn't exist or following up with shouting about "all lives matter" or anything of that sort. He's just not agreeing with them. From a certain perspective, that's a type of disagreement, but he's also not attempting to invalidate or question them. He very clearly said he doesn't identify with them and basically is just saying that he himself has not experienced racism because for most of his life, he's been well off and not experienced anything exceeding harsh. His early childhood was lived in poverty but he got out early apparently on this talent he has.

He's saying he can't relate to the message of Black Lives Matter because, for him, the question of his life as a black person mattering has never come up. Unless I missed something, which is possible, he hasn't said that others can't or shouldn't be apart of it. He simply refuses to jump on as it's not representing HIM. That's it. It's not him vs BLM. It's him and BLM just in two different places and not really crossing paths.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:55 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,107,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Why can't we have different opinions as black people?
Good question. I think many people feel threatened by people who don't think like they do. I, apparently, have very different beliefs/morals/values/leanings that other white, female Gen-Xer's & I "surprise" people all the time.

It's like it is assumed that I'm going to be a Democratic semi-feminist but I'm literally the opposite. I sense almost a resentment that I'm not they way I "should" be.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:16 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Liberal left LOVES freedom .. as long as you agree with them 100% on everything!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:17 PM

LIL Wayne is speaking truth . The number of whites killed by police is higher than black .

lil Wayne has built up a career and makes millions he's not going to pull a gun on cops

Old 11-07-2016, 12:22 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
LIL Wayne is speaking truth . The number of whites killed by police is higher than black .

lil Wayne has built up a career and makes millions he's not going to pull a gun on cops
Total number is not relevant-it's the rate.

Native Americans actually have the worst rate of being killed by Police-African Americans next.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Total number is not relevant-it's the rate.

Native Americans actually have the worst rate of being killed by Police-African Americans next.
Why doesn't the media report about it , they really should
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies