Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:54 PM

29,465 posts, read 16,321,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wow, some of the liberal still try to discuss/debate with that tired old tripe?
I find it amusing that some think everything about this countries founding document and framers vision can be diminished/destroyed all because of the norms of those times. Yes, slavery existed even among those who wanted to end it, but knew it wouldn't happen over night. Trying to stop it too soon could destroy the nation. Then years later that fear was born out when this country fought a bloody civil war to stop it.

Stop trying to obfuscate the topic by looking at the past with a politically correct myopic lens.
Your post literally says pick someone who thinks like the Founders. You are the one looking in the past, im just responding to your thought process.

Dont get angry because there is a giant flaw in it.

Quote:
I would also add, that when the Constitution suits your beliefs, liberals do not try to undermine their own argument by saying it should be discounted because the authors of our founding document were not perfect.
The Constitution itself is law, no question. Neither side actually interprets it the way the founding fathers wanted. If we did, you would have an entirely different idea of the second amendment ( As you stated by talking about the federalist papers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 08:56 PM

1,504 posts, read 845,003 times
Forget for now about God blessing America. Americans had better start blessing each other. God may have turned away from America and hopes it will grow up and figure out how to heal itself. As thing stand America carries a curse. Waging useless wars with no will to win....wars that profit a small elite and make the common citizen pay the bill.

The way I look at it is - better to take Trump and manage him with a strong committee of real men and women - and take our chances than continue to be the proverbial big satan. America is hated because of people like Clinton and her backers. Trump will negotiate....Clinton will attempt to overwhelm by force and ego...

I do not respect either candidate...but- I would rather toss mad dog Trump into the fray and take a gamble...than see a sure thing like Clinton the vampire continue to feed her self and her associates on American blood and pride.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:01 PM

539 posts, read 561,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Do you currently have health insurance, if so who pays for it and how much does it cost you?
I am not married and have a 4 yr old. Me, her, not my partner is insured. Medicaid kicked me off when she turned 1, kicked her off when she turned 2, and have been denied back on it even though we qualify (minimum wage job) and it's illegal without it (not for us because of the percentage). For my partner, 26 yr old male and my 4 yr old daughter to be "insured" (nothing is covered) it cost him $487 a month. We make about $1700 a month, that's over 1/3 of his checks being taken out(it was based on just his income) He can't insure me because we aren't married. It's horrible.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:07 PM

Please don't argue with each other. Opinions are welcomed with open arms, but I don't want my thread filled with arguing and disputing. That doesn't help anything other than ruffle each other's feathers. I am looking for informative points of views. Informative knowledge. Why you chose what you chose. Bickering doesn't change opinions, it makes the opposite force stronger.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:09 PM

For whoever repped me, very good point, thank you.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:12 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,961,225 times
Vote Trump, for America first. Vote Clinton for globalism.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,974,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
I am not married and have a 4 yr old. Me, her, not my partner is insured. Medicaid kicked me off when she turned 1, kicked her off when she turned 2, and have been denied back on it even though we qualify (minimum wage job) and it's illegal without it (not for us because of the percentage). For my partner, 26 yr old male and my 4 yr old daughter to be "insured" (nothing is covered) it cost him $487 a month. We make about $1700 a month, that's over 1/3 of his checks being taken out(it was based on just his income) He can't insure me because we aren't married. It's horrible.
Yet you still like Obama?

Old 11-07-2016, 09:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
He will shake the tree, and go after corrupt Republicans as well.

Just his ethics reform plan alone is worthy of a vote for him.

Quote:
Evidently you don't like what you have, and I don't blame you. Hillary likes it though!

Trump has smart plans to open up the insurance companies to competition so that costs can be more easily brought into line. Without competition, they can pretty much write their own deal and we have nothing to say about it.

It would be a great start with benefits for all of us.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,974,180 times
Quote:
Please don't argue with each other. Opinions are welcomed with open arms, but I don't want my thread filled with arguing and disputing. That doesn't help anything other than ruffle each other's feathers. I am looking for informative points of views. Informative knowledge. Why you chose what you chose. Bickering doesn't change opinions, it makes the opposite force stronger.
It's just a cold hard fact that anyone who comes in here to convince you to vote for Hillary Clinton is doing so to keep things just the way they are right now because they claim things are fine. They want you to vote for the status quo because that's just how you're supposed to vote and you aren't supposed to ask questions.

It sounds like things aren't that great for you and your family right now. Do you want more of what you have now or do you want something/someone different?

Old 11-07-2016, 09:17 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,861,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's pretty simple. There is only one candidate on the ballot that has the experience and temperament to be President and that is Clinton. The country will survive four years of her and we can do this all over again. She won't blow up the house. That is not a given with the other guy.
Trump hasn't killed anybody, but a lot of people haven't survived Clinton-and it's a pretty long list.

Hillary is the one with all the incendiary speech against Russia, a country which is trying to eradicate radical Muslim terrorists, with no help from this administration. I guess if she thinks she can poke Russia enough she will have an excuse to fight, just like the gassing in Syria to have an excuse to oust Assad.

Hillary won't even be vetting all these people she wants to bring in, not to mention the jobs and scholarships that American kids won't be getting because liberals like nothing better than rewarding foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies