U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:41 PM

20,246 posts, read 12,595,219 times

Advertisements

I have a relative that has dedicated their life to keeping our food safe and pesticide free. They said if Trump won, they would leave and so will many others. Trump has already said he will close the EPA so folks, I hope you know what you will be eating in the future.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 08:59 PM

3,894 posts, read 2,568,312 times
If that is what your relative has dedicated their life to, why are they not over at USDA?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:11 PM

17,676 posts, read 10,422,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I have a relative that has dedicated their life to keeping our food safe and pesticide free. They said if Trump won, they would leave and so will many others. Trump has already said he will close the EPA so folks, I hope you know what you will be eating in the future.
FDA takes care of what we eat.

EPA is not a department, so it can be closed by a president. If it were a department created by act of congress, then it would take an act of congress to close it.
Trump has chosen Myron Ebell, who is a climate change skeptic, to lead the way to drastically downsize and possibly even abolish the EPA. Your relative should polish up her resume.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM

1,432 posts, read 967,524 times
Quote:
If they work hard on food protection they would have nothing to worry about. Sounds like there is worry b/c someone in charge does not share their political view...and not job related. That is the reason people want change, get as much politics out of govt.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:19 PM

1,432 posts, read 967,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
FDA takes care of what we eat.

EPA is not a department, so it can be closed by a president. If it were a department created by act of congress, then it would take an act of congress to close it.
Trump has chosen Myron Ebell, who is a climate change skeptic, to lead the way to drastically downsize and possibly even abolish the EPA. Your relative should polish up her resume.
Excellent!

Old 11-09-2016, 09:46 PM

12,152 posts, read 7,487,966 times
Quote:
So your state doesn't have a health department or environmental agency?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:50 PM

2,360 posts, read 844,277 times
If your relative dedicated her life for this cause, shouldn't she continue?

At this point people who care about our planet and food safety shouldn't give up. Edit to add: If her life work is food safety isn't that FDA?

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 11-09-2016 at 10:00 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 09:53 PM

69,360 posts, read 58,071,835 times
Quote:
You better discuss with your relative what they actually do again, because the EPA doesnt do that..

Just another left wing fear mongering posting..

Old 11-09-2016, 09:55 PM

1,328 posts, read 596,673 times
The EPA needs to be crap canned ASAP. Leftwingers be crazy.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:59 PM

19,055 posts, read 8,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You better discuss with your relative what they actually do again, because the EPA doesnt do that..

Just another left wing fear mongering posting..
Interesting, Clinton supporters said Trump supporters have low information. It's obviously not in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or