Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
NY POST was on their same END OF THE WORLD Crap. People cant be this weak.
Well, they may just be correct. It may well be the end of THEIR (the newspaper) world. I can imagine some press credentials being revoked or at least restricted starting next year...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:34 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I will support him if he wins. I just hope he is a very different person as the leader of our country. This is not a game anymore.

As a white person, I will feel a bit ashamed though having him as our president.
It was never a game to begin with. It's the idiotic people who believed it was a game that is the sad state of this country, not Trump winning.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
I'm not embarrassed, I'm proud today.

I'm proud of American people. They showed , that they are fed up with all this political establishment and want a real change. People spoken and politicians better listen.

I don't care for Trump much, neither for Hillary. But I do care for people speaking and showing politicians that this system is not working and they are willing to risk it for a real change.

People are very divided these days. I teach my children of tolerance. I teach my children of understanding that every person can have a different opinion , and should have all different opinions and still be your friend, someone who you can count on, and he/she can count on you.

We going thru some turbulent times, but we'll survive.:-) by being united!!!

People voted for change, not necessary for Trump, and let's see, where it will take us.

I accept my future president, the same how I would accept Hillary.
Some showed anyway...

While a record number of Americans have voted ahead of Election Day, with at least 46.27 million people casting ballots by early voting, according to Associated Press data, voter turnout in America is notoriously dismal compared to other developed countries.

In August, Pew Research ranked the US 31 out of 35 countries on voter turnout based on the voting age population among nations that are part of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

By the Numbers: Americans Voting and Election Day

I'm not much of a religious man, but I think I need to sign off now and pray a bit...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually while the house remains solidly in republican hands, the senate is even more divided than before, and republicans do not hold enough of a majority there to do what ever they want. and you can bet that the democrats will continue to do what ever they can to prevent the republicans from instituting their agenda.
Congress? He doesn't need any stinking Congress! One has to remember, Trump has the same pen and same phone that Obama has worn out during his terms...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually while the house remains solidly in republican hands, the senate is even more divided than before, and republicans do not hold enough of a majority there to do what ever they want. and you can bet that the democrats will continue to do what ever they can to prevent the republicans from instituting their agenda.
You mean the Democrats will now be obstructing the obstructionists? Just what is that Republican agenda? No one seems to know...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, they may just be correct. It may well be the end of THEIR (the newspaper) world. I can imagine some press credentials being revoked or at least restricted starting next year...
and this is a good thing ?
only journalist that support Trump are allowed?
scary times ahead.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you are so embarrassed may I suggest you check out some countries to live in that won't embarrass you? Can't you guys give him a chance? If, after 90 days he hasnt delivered on any of his promises or made a fool of himself then we can all start worrying.
Not sure how anyone can wait 90 days before getting worried, especially if you need medical coverage and/or attention between now and then, but we've got no choice but to wait and see in any case. Personally, I just can't wait for his first Presidential address, or State of the Union. What will he point to as proof America is great again I wonder...

I wonder what else will come out about Trump's past as well, including his tax returns among other things. Hard to imagine there isn't another bomb shell or two somewhere in that closet that will get even more scrutiny now than ever before.

Aside from all that, I think most who are worried now are just mostly worried about what we as Americans have communicated to one another and the rest of the world as of today, about who we are and what we represent. Still, I agree that if we all stop with the nonsense notions that got us here, like the voting process is "rigged," for example (yet so many of those conspiracists obviously voted), maybe we can get back out with as little more damage as possible...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
The Deplorables are in the house. And we will now show you how to properly run a country. Let's get started right away with a Supreme Court nomination, shall we?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I'm embarrassed by some of my loser relative's attitude. The mean vitriol is a big disappointment. Why do Libs always fail to exhibit any class?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Congress? He doesn't need any stinking Congress! One has to remember, Trump has the same pen and same phone that Obama has worn out during his terms...
if trump decides to lead by executive order, he will end up being no better than obama, and he will further divide the country. he needs to get with congress, and that means BOTH sides of the isle, and work together with them to get things done,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You mean the Democrats will now be obstructing the obstructionists? Just what is that Republican agenda? No one seems to know...
actually when they are out of power, the democrats have been just as, if not more than, obstructionists than the republicans.

and this needs to end. yes there are things that should be obstructed, but all too often in the past, too much got obstructed just because one party disagreed, and the other refused to compromise. that is partly how we got obamacare in the first place, and why republicans wont touch it in anyway except to repeal it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies