Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 02:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Economies go in cycles and should require minimal management, Obama or a circus clown would likely have had the same "results" as POTUS when it omes to the economy and any arbitrary index you want to cite. Boom and bust, regardless of the POTUS.
2000 wasn't an 'economic cycle'. It was a disaster.

The decisions Obama and Congress made brought us back from the brink.

Obviously you do not remember or were too young to care.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I noticed there were NO missing whiny liberals this morning. You know, the ones who cried 'I'm leaving America if......'.
Well, I for one never said that. I haven't read any posts saying that either.

But, if there are, I guess they are joining all the conservatives who whined about leaving when Obama was elected.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Economic cycles encompass everything from peak to valley, hence why I said "boom and bust" in my original post, call it a disaster if you want its just a name, no parts of the economic timeline are exempt from the economic cycle.

Part of the cycle that caused it all was the extreme overvaluation of the original dot com bubble companies, 9/11, and things like the Enron accounting scandal. These are all self correcting things over time, government can do some things to help nudge that along, but they are not the "answer" to the problem by any means, and could in some cases impede things with their tinkering.

Not sure whats so "obvious" about anything since you know nothing about my age, or level of care for what was going on at the time.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:04 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
No, he didn't fail.

Don't you recall that the economy was on the verge of collapse when Obama was first elected?

What's the DOW now?

I don't get this 'failed' business.

Now we'll have "Grab 'em by the pu-ss-y!" and that slitty-eyed wh-ore staining up the White House.
Failed as in not one year in eight years did the GDP grow at even 3%.

When 0bama keeps the interest rate at around zero there is really mot many places to put your money to work except the stock market. So it's not a bragging point to claim the stock market looks good, when the economy has been in the toilet for eight years.

0bama also added about $10 trillion in new debt, and he still could not buy an economy, instead, he added tens of millions to the Food Stamp rolls and set a fifty year high in the US poverty level.

All applaud the great 0bama, the poor maker.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:05 PM

515 posts, read 624,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.
Survive? Bet it finally does a lot better. Come back to your thread in 4 years. Bet your mind will be changed.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:06 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Failed as in not one year in eight years did the GDP grow at even 3%.

When 0bama keeps the interest rate at around zero there is really mot many places to put your money to work except the stock market. So it's not a bragging point to claim the stock market looks good, when the economy has been in the toilet for eight years.

0bama also added about $10 trillion in new debt, and he still could not buy an economy, instead, he added tens of millions to the Food Stamp rolls and set a fifty year high in the US poverty level.

All applaud the great 0bama, the poor maker.
So if the GDP doesn't grow at 3% and it grows at 2%, your choice is to go back to essentially Bush economics when the GDP was SHRINKING? You nuts?

Old 11-09-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:

What the hell did 0bama do, exactly?

And he never brought us back, unless you are happy with the Carter era?? The economy sucks. The USA has only been treading water, trying to not drown, and it's up to our nose.

GDP growth (annual %) | Data

GDP: US economic growth is close to zero

Friday's gross domestic product reading fell below even the dimming hopes on Wall Street. The 1.2 percent growth rate in the second quarter combined with a downward revision to the first three months of the year to produce an average growth rate of just 1 percent.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
So if the GDP doesn't grow at 3% and it grows at 2%, your choice is to go back to essentially Bush economics when the GDP was SHRINKING? You nuts?
Leave Bush out of this, your deflections cannot redefine the poor economy we live in today, or the past eight years.

Less than 3% sucks, stop trying to pretend otherwise.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:15 PM

672 posts, read 810,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Lol. There is no "other Trump". The stupid racist sexist bigot is the real one, and the only one. Fortunately he stands a good chance of doing something impeachable in his first month in office.
No, he wouldn't lie about getting a BJ and playing with a cigar in the oval office like some. He would brag. What would you do about? Nothing as history shows.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:19 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Leave Bush out of this, your deflections cannot redefine the poor economy we live in today, or the past eight years.

Less than 3% sucks, stop trying to pretend otherwise.
I never said the economy was awesome.

Why leave Bush out? Trying to hide the behind the fact that he was indeed one of the worse presidents in our entire country's history? He had the conservative government as his control, crashed it and went to war, and put it on a credit card. People woke up for the 2008 election year and put the Democrats back in control to fix things. Now that's it's better even though it's not the best, we're going to go back to a conservative government?

This makes absolutely no sense to me, no matter how you dice this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies