Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 06:29 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
We're embarrassed that you are an American.
Wow. You embarrass easily. Someone expresses a divergent opinion, and you get all red in the face. You're a delicate little flower, aren't you? And here I thought The Trumpsters were a real tough bunch, or at least you LIKE to think you are.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:33 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I think you should pop a Xanax and chill out.

There is no way he will sign an executive order in his first day repealing Obamacare. There will also be no wall, although perhaps a metaphorical one will arise.

As far as the tax returns it's clear that that "custom" is no longer a requirement. In Hillary's case she clearly took care to deduct LESS so she could appear to be one of the people. Either that or she has the worst financial advisor ever.

Hillary is the one with still more to lose, because if anything else shows up on Wikileaks the investigation into the foundation will continue.
You must be well ahead of me with the Xanax...

Even before Trump came along, the ACA got off to a rough start, and much in the way of fixing and adjusting is still needed to provide the sort of health care system that will best serve Americans. Now what? No one really knows whether Trump can repeal the ACA on day one as he promised, or not. So it's repealed on the second day or the next..., oh well you say? Just chill? Might want to share that message with people who have real medical concerns, not me.

Also of course, there will be no wall. Seems all of a sudden Trump supporters are grasping reality, and no doubt the question I read in one of the news sites this morning is a good one. Will Trump change Washington or will Washington change Trump? Now that he'll be doing the walking instead of the talking, I think his supporters are going to begin understanding something they have not been able to understand during Trump's campaign, and be none to happy about it!

Old 11-10-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Why do they always want to move to Canada? Or Australia? Or New Zealand? These are all "white" nations.

Why don't they say they are moving to Mexico? Or somewhere in Africa? Or the Middle East?
Why do you conservatives always use this stupid freaking argument? Do you understand the political spectrum?

It's clear why they would want to move to Canada or Australia or New Zealand. Because they are LIBERAL countries with the philosophies and policies that American liberals value. Simple. WTF is so difficult to understand?

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Europe are left-wing. The ME and much of Africa are right-wing? See how this works?

Notice that the happiest, most peaceful, most LIVABLE countries in the world are LIBERAL. The fuc*ing hellholes embrace the right-wing.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The people have spoken and we now have a glorified slum Lord/
Reality TV star as president. I guess the Kardashians will be running in another four years. Hope everyone is buckled in this is going to be a VERY interesting four years This might be the start of the dumbing down of America right here. We have a running joke at work that this is going to be his best real estate deal ever & sell America to China.... Not sure how funny that is when I think about it.

IF he gets rid of Obamacare I'll be happy about that.
Reminds me of when California elected Arnold Schwarzenegger governor. Same sort of thing..., loaded with money, a political outsider, no record of public service, just a well known action figure beholden to no one. Californians, mostly liberal leaning mind you, elected him anyway, probably for one primary reason that some Trump supporters voted for Trump, the want for different from the same old political same old.

Outcome? Pretty much the same old political same old, and by most measures worse off at the end of the day/term...

"As Arnold Schwarzenegger exits California's governor's office on Monday, he leaves behind a $28 billion budget shortfall. "The Governator" came into office with sky-high approval ratings, but he ends his term with a near-record low approval of just 23 percent — and a mixed political legacy."

Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Please let us know where in the US you live currently, or have lived in the past. Visiting for a week at a time doesn't count.

There are areas of Toronto (Jane & Finch area) where I would feel very unsafe. Not that I would have a handgun with me as it's not allowed but too many kids are getting gunned down there. With what, a hunting rifle?
Oh please, not another thread hi-jacked by gun mania! Please have mercy...

Old 11-10-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
After 8 years of Obama apologizing for America to the rest of the world, do you not realize that liberals are ALWAYS ashamed of being Americans?
Yep, it's SO much better to have a fat, out-of-shape, candy-ass draft-dodging bully as president. I'm SOOOOO proud.

If you like tough tactics, have you served your country in the military? Will you serve? Or, do you just TALK tough?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-10-2016 at 07:01 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I noticed there were NO missing whiny liberals this morning. You know, the ones who cried 'I'm leaving America if......'.

So, the liberal 'rapture' didn't happen.

Tell ya what. We will drive you to the southern border and you can head across the river. Whiners.

It's the least we can do for you. But you have to leave your American money here. Go succeed in Mexico. Canada don't want you.

How do YOU know Canada doesn't want American liberals?

Like most Trumpsters, you don't know WTF you're talking about.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-10-2016 at 07:10 AM..

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Why do you conservatives always use this stupid freaking argument? Do you understand the political spectrum?

It's clear why they would want to move to Canada or Australia or New Zealand. Because they are LIBERAL countries with the philosophies and policies that American liberals value. Simple. WTF is so difficult to understand?

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Europe are left-wing. The ME and much of Africa are right-wing? See how this works?

Notice that the happiest, most peaceful, most LIVABLE countries in the world are LIBERAL. The fuc*ing hellholes embrace the right-wing.
Yet so many liberals want to welcome refugees and immigrants from those right wing countries they don't even want to move to. Makes sense.

515 posts, read 624,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Reminds me of when California elected Arnold Schwarzenegger governor. Same sort of thing..., loaded with money, a political outsider, no record of public service, just a well known action figure beholden to no one. Californians, mostly liberal leaning mind you, elected him anyway, probably for one primary reason that some Trump supporters voted for Trump, the want for different from the same old political same old.

Outcome? Pretty much the same old political same old, and by most measures worse off at the end of the day/term...

"As Arnold Schwarzenegger exits California's governor's office on Monday, he leaves behind a $28 billion budget shortfall. "The Governator" came into office with sky-high approval ratings, but he ends his term with a near-record low approval of just 23 percent — and a mixed political legacy."
I am happy Trump won and yet I have thought of this too. Plausible outcome. I hope not.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:50 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Since I am a world traveler I have many, many friends around the world and we keep in touch through social media like Facebook. In answer to all the "WTF is going on in America?"I am forced to explain to them I did not vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies