Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 09:17 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times

Advertisements

"stronger together"

"the time is now to unite and heal"

whatever the hell you want to say by whomever. Why waste your time arguing with anonymous people online or face to face.

Tune negativity out. Has politics ever made people happy in the long run? The reality is, this is the President for the next 4 years, unless there's an assasination which I don't encourage.

As an intelligent person, take the high road, do random acts of kindness than randomly arguing with whomever opposes your views.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Regular Americans" live in basements according to you?
Not according to me. According to Hillary Clinton.

"They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement." Hillary Clinton quote

Hillary Clinton comments on Bernie Sanders supporters in leaked recording - CBS News

When the elite insult, dismiss, and ignore the electorate, Americans fight back. Trump.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:31 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,681,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Glad Obama will be gone you say? Wait about a year and you'll be saying the same thing about Herr Trumpler.

Perhaps you're right, of course. But I rather doubt it. At least he stands for some of the things I have hoped to see fixed for decades.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:40 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
So it's not embarassing if Clinton won or the very uninformed Johnson?

How could any "college educated" person live with themselves knowing all the deep corruption, the lies, and email facts the Clintons and their party has done yet still choose her as President? It ran too deep for me.

Moreover, she had said many racists and divisive things about our own people. Deplorables, Super-Predators, and a demeaning bullying atitude toward her staff. It goes on and on. She is two-faced for sure. All this "inclusion" and other buzz words she uses to sucker you in. She is so fake.

Trump - I definitely don't like him or trust her. But millions of us will not have the President over for dinner so it is about policy and needed changes to over-regulation (Dodd-Frank) and forcing Obama's beliefs on ALL people. People got fed up with the bathroom law where if the school doesn't accept a transgender wanting to use the girls bathroom or locker room, the school does not get federal funding. That is BULLYING.

The Dem party is full of hypocrites. They chant "stronger together" but ONLY if the together is those who support it. If you oppose any part of her or Barack's policy, you're labeled a racist, a homophobe, a bigot, a xenophobe, etc. Basically, they are saying it is my way because my ideas are superior to yours. How has that not created division? Both candidates are divisive. !!

Well, the big boys who can take the childish name-calling went out and voted. The Democratic turnout was very low compared to 2008 & 2012. Many democrats just didn't vote at all because they don't trust Hillary. She used old-school lies to try and win over Americans.

Having said that, trust me, I will be protesting too if Trump tries and starts deporting immigrants who are stable, contribute to society, and are not criminals. He is embarrassing and I do have fear when he will talk to foreign leaders.

Both have said anything to get elected. It comes down to would you want a corrupt dictator getting wealthy beyond all means or someone who will attempt to change this over-regulated BS.

This election was always a "lose lose" outcome. Respect the winner and don't be a cry when you don't get your way. Make it work than not work at all simply because you (and I) despise his personality. I think we will all find out that half of what Trump said was just rhetoric.

" immigrants who are stable, contribute to society, and are not criminals."

They always IGNORE the IMPORTANT PART.

Trump is NOT talking about "immigrants"

He IS talking about ILLEGAL immigrants who ARE criminals for breaking our immigration laws.

" because you (and I) despise his personality"

Do NOT make like you speak for EVERYBODY!

NOBODY put YOU in charge.

You are showing the same superior arrogance Hillary shows, and it cost her her "entitled" Presidency.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
She is a Trumpette.a white racist bigot that has no idea what has just happen.She has let her hatred of Obama cloud her judgment for this election.
"he has let her hatred of Obama cloud her judgment for this election."

We could same the same about YOUR judgement!

Old 11-10-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Obama has a 52.1% approval rating ,higher than Reagan at the end of his term.

Some (most) of your facts ar BS.
"Obama has a 52.1% approval rating"

"You can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time"!

Old 11-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You must be well ahead of me with the Xanax...

Even before Trump came along, the ACA got off to a rough start, and much in the way of fixing and adjusting is still needed to provide the sort of health care system that will best serve Americans. Now what? No one really knows whether Trump can repeal the ACA on day one as he promised, or not. So it's repealed on the second day or the next..., oh well you say? Just chill? Might want to share that message with people who have real medical concerns, not me.

Also of course, there will be no wall. Seems all of a sudden Trump supporters are grasping reality, and no doubt the question I read in one of the news sites this morning is a good one. Will Trump change Washington or will Washington change Trump? Now that he'll be doing the walking instead of the talking, I think his supporters are going to begin understanding something they have not been able to understand during Trump's campaign, and be none to happy about it!
"the ACA got off to a rough start"

MAYBE if they HAD read it BEFORE voting for it, things would NOt have been so bad.

It also shows how inept Obama and hs admin are.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:57 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
[quote=Marc Paolella;46139420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

They can't come in then. Vetting means many people will be EXCLUDED from citizenship. That's the whole point. If we can't see who you are and what you stand for and where you came from, you're not coming in. And that is the same for almost all countries. And that is correct and ethical.
Great!

I see many people already crying that they are scared that Trump will send them back home, my answer is this.....
You lived here all these years, if you were so scared why did you refuse to become an American citizen....I don't feel sorry for anyone, that knowingly breaks the law.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:04 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I have a lot to look forward to with President Trump.

I voted for him and am glad he won!!!!!

Let's see if he can fix the VA and

Happy birthday, Marines!

Old 11-10-2016, 10:10 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,767 times
After the behavior of democrats last night now I'm embarrassed to be an American. Actually I'm ashamed of the fact that we have raised a generation of entitled, self-centered people with the maturity level of a toddler throwing a tantrum. Fortunately for me my 15 year old was positively giddy with joy yesterday morning. He was actually the one who believed Trump would win while I tried to prepare him for what I thought would be a Clinton presidency.

Last edited by TXsurburbanmom; 11-10-2016 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies