Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 06:14 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I didn't want Trump. I didn't vote for him. But I accept that he has won. These folks really need to do the same. I don't want to live in a nation where the loser of any given election resorts to mass violence and rioting. That is one of the defining characteristics that keeps third world countries as third world countries, and prevents them from ever having a stable government or societies. Just because you didn't get your way doesn't give you the right to throw a tantrum and hurt others.

If they want to peacefully protest, that is their right. But exactly what are they protesting? Democracy? The American people have made their choice. Riots and violence after the fact are terrifying and unconscionable. Peaceful protest is better certainly, but it takes being a sore loser to a whole new level.
I am so proud of the protesters. Sure old vile Trump won. Not the popular vote, however. He won, he always does, is he qualified to be president and Commander in Chief?????? NO

We can't protest? I think they might be protesting the fact that a man that hates half of humanity was even ALLOWED to run for president. How could this happen? A Hitler personality as leader of our country? Sad, time in our history.

My family was broken up after WWII; so I guess it is a little closer to home. I still can't believe that so many people of my generation forgot that time in world history. Maybe, the younger generation has studied lately; hopefully they won't forget as easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 06:16 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Who is surprised Oakland protestors rioted, threw bottles at police, destroyed property, and called for the assassination of Trump?

These "protests" are against the voter's choice. These "protesters" are against Democracy. They will not prevail.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The country is deeply divided.

One side hates the other side.

I wonder if Trump has the ability to bring even a small measure of unity back to the country. I wonder if he will make an attempt to reach out to the folks who did not support him.

Hmm. Not really. Hillary's support seems to be concentrated in a few very small areas of the USA. Places, BTW, where the middle class is exiting in droves.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:18 AM

237 posts, read 245,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who is surprised Oakland protestors rioted, threw bottles at police, destroyed property, and called for the assassination of Trump?

These "protests" are against the voter's choice. These "protesters" are against Democracy. They will not prevail.
Exactly. The world expected this to happen, I called it days ago. It's what people like that do.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:19 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
They'll eventually go away. At least, the few with jobs will. People need to get over themselves and quite believing everything they hear.
Yes you do.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:19 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Young protestors did not take into account that their liberating heroes were cunning predators. These protestors would eventually become food for the cold fascist elite. The glass ceiling rhetoric...the gay issues....and eccentric mind numbing feminism....were all tools used to dupe. Do you really think that the Clintons really care about people? If they did the money gather up for Haitian relief should have been dispersed.

Time for these fantasy protestors to grow up...the problem they have is ethics...I remember a very progressive friend of my youngest son- what he said to me..."you are so old school - you are all about honor and loyalty and ethics" - The fact is Trump was elected through a democratic system...though imperfect it is still the most democratic way of doing things in the world.

The protestors are actually saying- we do not believe in democracy- we want total fascist power. They insult America.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:22 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,335 times
The Clintoristas are fuming because they lost the election (despite spending Soros' money ($120 mil on ads)). Why can't they accept the results?(either change the electoral college and the process or play by the rules). This is how the political system works in this country.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:22 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Is this the answer? Did our educational system fail you? Because if you do not understand that the popular vote is irrevelant in a Presidential election since we utilize the Electoral college, clearly our educational system has failed you.
it's constitutionally irrelevant. That does not mean it is morally irrelevant that voters selected Clinton by over a million votes but got Trump instead. You should be able to understand this, but most conservatives have major problems with empathy. It is almost what defines them, so that might explain your position.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:24 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Will Democrats ever learn that the best way to protest is by voting? You can create 20 anti Trump twitter hashtags and protest in every city and it changes nothing. The GOP clearly represents the will of most voters, that's why they control all 3 federal branches of govt and 33 states and a majority of local elected officials. Democrats need to stop smearing Trump voters and tell their own to stop take selfies for 5 minutes and vote.
I agree that people would accomplish more with their vote than any form of violent protest. Unfortunately human nature being what it is there is too large a group of voters who believe that voting is an inconvenience for them and until door to door voting or online voting is instituted they can't be bothered. I disagree that the "GOP clearly represents the will of most voters" in fact if they don't update their rhetoric they may find themselves left behind next time.

People are tired of career politicians and that's why Mr Trump won. He had the bravado to say what people think, to march his own path and not what the GOP dictated; he was a voice for those who aren't heard very often. For those that are not happy you have 4 years to evaluate how to do it better next time so maybe your candidate wins. Either way both parties need to change or they may find themselves relics as society continues to evolve.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:26 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Actually, he may not be - not luxurious or large enough. Rumor is he may pull a Bloomberg and live elsewhere and use WH for office.
That's okay too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies