Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 07:12 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is very WEAK language.

The thugs causing problems won't respect this

"walking and throwing objects onto freeways is dangerous for pedestrians and drivers—and it puts a heavy burden on people just trying make it home to their families or get to work safely."
These warnings were repeated at the press conference. "We want to make sure that destroying property or other things don't get in the way of the important messages that people have to share with their fellow Americans," Garcetti said to reporters.
Thug = a freedom fighter.
Illegal = a citizen (can vote) without the right papahs.
criminal = One deserving of rehabilitation and no punishment and instead get education and many other benefit.
A violent offender = a victim of Trump's racism who had no choice but to attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 07:15 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Thug = a freedom fighter.
Illegal = a citizen (can vote) without the right papahs.
criminal = One deserving of rehabilitation and no punishment and instead get education and many other benefit.
A violent offender = a victim of Trump's racism who had no choice but to attack.
Really don't know if I can take this insanity anymore.
This leftist insanity is too much.

I thought the last Mayor was bad but this one seems a lot worse, last one Tony V is planning to run for Governor.

Antonio Villaraigosa, former L.A. mayor, jumps into the California governor's race - LA Times

Old 11-10-2016, 07:32 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
The more rowdy , uncivilized, and violent these extreme leftist get, the more they expose their un-democratic foolishness to moderates, centrists, and the world.

It's counter-productive. They're giving their ideology a bad name.
They are also explaining how the polls could be so wrong. The large number of Hillary supporters ready to hit the streets, some with intentions to commit violence, is why trump supporters would not identify themselves as such.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:35 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Really don't know if I can take this insanity anymore.
This leftist insanity is too much.

I thought the last Mayor was bad but this one seems a lot worse, last one Tony V is planning to run for Governor.

Antonio Villaraigosa, former L.A. mayor, jumps into the California governor's race - LA Times
Welcome home and to full sanity and to the clarity to see the complete and utter madness (and deceit) of most of the left. I was once a liberal, and having read your posts for a few years now, think you were too.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:43 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Default I am sorry Millennials, but you don't get a trophy when your candidate loses.

Kids born in the 1990's, who are now adults, can't accept losing in anything. A trophy was given to them, even if they were on the team that lost.

Your Parents in the 1970's and 1980's began in this liberal experiment. It was wrong back then and it is wrong in 2016.

You need to accept your loss and move on in life.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:54 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Oh I beg to differ...

Quote:
Police Calm Millennial Protesters By Handing Out Participation Trophies
November 10, 2016
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

U.S.—As anti-Trump rallies nationwide turned hostile overnight with widespread reports of violence, looting, vandalism, and death threats against the president-elect and his supporters, police in numerous major cities were able to instill calm and regain control by handing out participation trophies to all millennial protesters who were enraged about losing the election, sources confirmed.

The shrewd tactic was the idea New York Police Officer Joe Butler, who has three twentysomething children himself, and noted to reporters Thursday that he remembered how his children “never had to deal with losing as they were growing up.”

“It’s a foreign notion to them. Even in sports—win or lose, everyone won, and everyone got a trophy no matter what. This is the millennial way,” he said. “So I had the idea—hey, why not start handing out participation trophies to the protesters, and telling them ‘Hey, you know what? You may have lost the election, but look—everyone gets a trophy. Everyone’s a winner.'”

Seeing how the trophies had an instantaneous calming effect on the millennials and filled them with a sense of fulfillment and achievement, word spread quickly among police departments nationwide, and emergency trophies were procured by the thousands for use at the rallies.

At publishing time, police had regained control in cities across the country, and the crowds of now-content protesters were heading home with their trophies, according to sources.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Welcome home and to full sanity and to the clarity to see the complete and utter madness (and deceit) of most of the left. I was once a liberal, and having read your posts for a few years now, think you were too.
Yes I was. I actually always voted Dem . I think the Democratic Party has gone more to the left . I feel like common sense and logic is dead with them .

Old 11-10-2016, 08:01 PM

1,327 posts, read 722,963 times
My millennial kids and wife were big Trump supporters. Of course, they're college educated and smarter than the fools for clinton.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:02 PM

237 posts, read 245,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh I beg to differ...
Funniest thing I've seen all day!

Old 11-10-2016, 08:17 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Why are only the milenials getting crap? I sure out all those who are whining there are plenty of boomers and gen x.

In fact you should be thanking you the milenials for not Coming out for Hillary. And We both know old fogies are the only ones to consistently vote.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies