Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 08:31 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times

Advertisements

OP you don't get a trophy either if your candidate wins.

You only win if your candidate delivers what he promised you and so far he is hiring Bush staff and Wall street insiders after he promised you he would drain the swamp.

Who is the biggest loser? I tell you who. All Americans except those lucky enough to belong to the billionaire elite.

From drain the swamp to Let them eat cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 08:34 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Funny how all older folks here are talking about millennials yet live off Social Security. Maybe that should be cut.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:37 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This isn't what voting statistics say dude.
Well, you know what....the stats are wrong. I work with many people with degrees, or post graduate degrees...we were high fiving after the election....

It is not a hard concept, many of us are tired of idiots in DC. In addition, I am especially tired of liberals saying people who are not smart voted for Trump. I know alot of very smart people, and they didn't necessarily go to college.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Funny how all older folks here are talking about millennials yet live off Social Security. Maybe that should be cut.
Retirees payed into SS, so that should not be cut. I would prefer to ask the criers to step up...

Old 11-11-2016, 08:39 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please, tell us why, be very descriptive in your answer. Trump was elected is not an excuse....remember , it was the will of the people....
Why? Because over half of the nation didn't vote for a racist, mysogynistic psychopath for president. So it wasn't the will of most of the people. Hey, I'm not protesting but.. I UNDERSTAND.

Right-wingers don't be obtuse about what's happening.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post

Really, our model to pay for everything is huge income and wealth redistribution?
What model do you have now? Have you checked Trump's plan? He wants to increase the debt. He wants to deregulate the financial institutions so they can create the next real state or financial bubble. Have you checked what he has been doing lately? he is hiring people from the swamp. The same people that have been sending our country down the drain.

Do you know how much healthcare premiums were before Obamacare? Back when insurance companies could decline those people who were too expensive to insure? They were increasing like crazy. How about drug prices? How about those companies who have increased their drug prices 5000%? How about home Owners insurance? Flood insurance? Unregulated capitalism is no better than communism. We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world.

Oh yeah big pharma is rallying after Trump got elected. I wonder why.

Prescription Drug Prices in America Are Rising Like No Other Industry
Why Are Prescription Drug Prices So Expensive in the U.S.?

Old 11-11-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Retirees payed into SS, so that should not be cut. I would prefer to ask the criers to step up...
The money the retirees have paid into it has been all used up. The X'ers and Millennials you so despise are now fitting the bill.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Well, you know what....the stats are wrong. I work with many people with degrees, or post graduate degrees...we were high fiving after the election....

It is not a hard concept, many of us are tired of idiots in DC. In addition, I am especially tired of liberals saying people who are not smart voted for Trump. I know alot of very smart people, and they didn't necessarily go to college.
The stats are always wrong because you don't agree with them. You have anointed yourself the authority on this based on yourself and your social circle.

Why not just be happy he won and leave it at that? Does it matter who voted for him?

Old 11-11-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
What model do you have now? Have you checked Trump's plan? He wants to increase the debt. He wants to deregulate the financial institutions so they can create the next real state or financial bubble. Have you checked what he has been doing lately? he is hiring people from the swamp. The same people that have been sending our country down the drain.

Do you know how much healthcare premiums were before Obamacare? Back when insurance companies could decline those people who were too expensive to insure? They were increasing like crazy. How about drug prices? How about those companies who have increased their drug prices 5000%? How about home Owners insurance? Flood insurance? Unregulated capitalism is no better than communism. We have the most expensive healthcare system in the world.

Oh yeah big pharma is rallying after Trump got elected. I wonder why.

Prescription Drug Prices in America Are Rising Like No Other Industry
Why Are Prescription Drug Prices So Expensive in the U.S.?
I did not say unregulated captilalism (but it is better than communism). However, there is too much regulation now. There are ways to open the financial markets to minimize risk. There are several people he is considering, not from the Swamp -

Ben Carson - HHS
Myron Ebell - EPA
Kris Kobach - Immigration
Rudy G. - Justice

Obama care will be replaced. Trump doesn't want to take away the ability of folks to be insured. But there are better ways of doing this. I don't believe the Govt should be telling companies how to price their products. Home owners insurance....now that is small ball. I would rather have an expensive health care system, than what I see in other countries with long wait times.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:

But Trump is hiring the same people in DC. Last time I checked republicans have been in power for a while. Maybe you voted one way but it doesn't mean you will get what you thought you were getting.

I personally don't care if you have a degree or not. And I don't vote based on what "the others" think of me. If others think I am smart that doesn't pay my bills. Reputation points on CD forum don't pay my insurance premiums.

I check the candidates and I read their written agendas very carefully. You don't need a college degree to understand that when people put things in writing they mean it. Trump's plan on his website was always pro Wall Street.

Plenty of posters here were too lazy to read and that's just how many Americans now days operate. They read a headline and they don't bother to read the rest. That's why we keep getting the same crooks over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies