Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:17 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
California should have a referendum to secede and form it's own republic.
LOL, many in the north of CA want to become their own state to get away from the leftist kooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:22 PM

628 posts, read 286,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
If he does those things, THEN we can turn on him. But at the moment he hasn't even had an opportunity to do anything.... good nor bad.

Yes, please don't let a little pu**y-grabbing put you off - wait until he actually DOES something you can despise him for.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL, many in the north of CA want to become their own state to get away from the leftist kooks.
I keep hearing this, but oddly, never from the ACTUAL, somehow invisible, non-evidence-based "leftist kooks" (or sometimes, "nutters") themselves.

Ever wonder whether unfounded accusations say more about the accuser and his/her motives or fantasies than about the person s/he is accusing?

Show me all these "kooks" and we can have some basis to discuss this.

But so far I have ONLY seen conservatives yelling about this as if it's a real, sinister, large-scale issue and proposal of secession is imminent. I don't mean pockets of outliers here and there, I mean something solid, like the actual petition numbers we have during the Obama administration (remember?).

Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
I saw a good quote/South Park reference today...

"If you only find a system of government legitimate when the people you want in power win, you're gonna have a bad time."

Old 11-09-2016, 02:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I saw a funny quote/South Park reference today...

"If you only find a system of government legitimate when the people you want in power win, you're gonna have a bad time."
To that I say...

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/88/880308...50884b564e.jpg

Old 11-09-2016, 02:39 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Awww, poor little snowflakes. They are so CUTE when they are angry. Just like 8 year olds in an adult's body.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is the duty of every freedom loving American to work against Trump and his racist minions.
Go for it and see how well you really do......

What cracks me up is all the screaming and whining about how Trump was "un-American" when he didn't say right away that he'd accept the results of the election but all the loons from the left (the same loons that were screaming about Trump) are running around committing criminal acts and acting like spoiled brats because Hillary lost ( even after cheating on many occasions).

So, grow up, elections have consequences (now where have we heard that before), Trump won so deal with it. He's not going anywhere and your childish lashing out will do NOTHING except get you either jailed or laughed at by the rest of the nation...

Old 11-10-2016, 06:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I live in the damn state, away from all the nuts. I say please leave, and the sooner the better, in fact plane is ready to take off with you all.

Such stupid idiotic behavior, when they do not get their way, guess the hell what, the world does not revolve around you and what you want when you want it.

I wish they would hurry the hell up and just leave, we do not need them or their kind. Who ever they are or the age.

In fact, they can all go to Arizona!

Old 11-10-2016, 06:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Please, state your case. I am interested to see your argument.

Is it because we should all defy him based on the Constitution? The original intent and the foundations of the founders?

PLEASE, explain to me how a progressive calling that people have a duty to resist the system in support of an ideal that seeks to undermine the very concept of its existence?

If progressives want a war to try and take over the US. Come... Don't be cowards and actually fight with it with direct acknowledgement.

If progressives expect people to betray this country to serve a bunch of usurpers who have been recorded over and over about how the Constitution is flawed, how our system unfair, how individual liberty is selfish and collectivist redistribution is just, then all I can say is.. go away, leave this country and find your communist utopia elsewhere, or rebel as invaders and fight for what you believe. We will meet you in battle with every bit if not more conviction in our beliefs to be free.

Come... fight... if you believe so. We are waiting.

Oh, and keep in mind... I despise Trump. I don't believe he will do what he says, but I am also not a communist trying to "fundamentally change" this country to something it is not.
Well said!!!
I don't despise Trump, I actually think he's quite brilliant in how he got where he is today. I am in a wait and see mode, I don't know if he can get everything he has said done but I'll bet he gets way more done that Obama ever did, only because he's not one to sit back and coast along playing basketball and golf all the time.
I've got a feeling that he's going to be more moderate than most people think...

Old 11-10-2016, 06:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Awww, poor little snowflakes. They are so CUTE when they are angry. Just like 8 year olds in an adult's body.

Please snow flakes are cute, do not give them a bad name! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies