Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ok people, lets try to have some civility here, trump won the election despite the vitriol leveled at him. the question is why? the answer is message. hillary had no message other than vote for me because trump is a jackass. trump on the other hand had a generally positive message, and went to the people to get that message out. and the people listened.

now we ALL need to work together to heal the divisions in this country, trump even said so in his speech last night. so whether or not you like trump, he is the president elect, and in january will be president.
NPR (yeah-yeah, I know) had an interesting piece on this today, and I think it's the best explanation I've heard. I voted for Hillary, more as an anti-Trump vote, but today is a new day, he won the election and I'll look forward. No sour grapes here...

Anyway, NPR said that they felt in the end analysis, that Trump represented the MANY people who felt left out of our political system, marginalized and even condenscended upon. That people were tired of being used as pawns and taken for granted, and that Hillary did not acknowledge this, and that's why she lost.

I think, in the end analysis, that is correct. All the scandals (true or false, doesn't matter), all the vitriol from both sides, all the crazy comments Trump made, and so much more. None of that really made the difference. At the end of the day, he won because he heard the pains of the American people, and he addressed them. As someone who voted otherwise, I have to at least acknowledge this.

Now that the election is over, I hope he can surprise me and be a great leader, and make a great difference. I really do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:53 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
I was just about to post something similar.

These people are NASTY.

They don't just hate Trump, they are actually wishing bad things on all Trump supporters.

I hope independent and young people pay attention to just how vile these people are.

The kinds of comments they make shows who they truly are.
The icing on the cake was when Trump had the group of young kids on stage at his rally. They were all wholesome good kids, each with a letter to spell out Trump. This was all going on as Hillary was with Jay Z or Bon Jovi at the time.

The negative comments about the kids at the Trump rally had to be read online to be believed. Never have I see such visible hatred in such a mocking cynical tone. At that point I thought , there has to be enough of decent working class or any American for that matter, who call a halt to the destruction of all we hold dear.

Enough of decent and hardworking Americans came through last night. To save us and future generations from a dark and unhealthy future.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
We tried telling you people, this is not the way to win hearts and minds. Now, you're in the wilderness and your behavior today shows America why we rejected you.

We expect you to be vile and childish for the next four year.

Suck on it, you earned it.
And this would be different from how those that oppose(d) Obama have acted how?

We all know exactly how this would have gone if Trump had lost and exactly the sort of cr*p that his supporters would be spewing.

Don't pretend otherwise.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:10 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Quote:

And WHO is nasty?

Old 11-09-2016, 12:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
No,us minorities will not just shut up and take it.

We will protect what is ours.
really? wast it just eight years ago that the democrats were telling us republicans that obama won now shut up and take it? you completely missed my message however, typical though. i am not saying just shut up and take, what i AM saying is we ALL need to work together to heal the divide that was deepened over the last eight years, and put the country as a whole first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
NPR (yeah-yeah, I know) had an interesting piece on this today, and I think it's the best explanation I've heard. I voted for Hillary, more as an anti-Trump vote, but today is a new day, he won the election and I'll look forward. No sour grapes here...

Anyway, NPR said that they felt in the end analysis, that Trump represented the MANY people who felt left out of our political system, marginalized and even condenscended upon. That people were tired of being used as pawns and taken for granted, and that Hillary did not acknowledge this, and that's why she lost.

I think, in the end analysis, that is correct. All the scandals (true or false, doesn't matter), all the vitriol from both sides, all the crazy comments Trump made, and so much more. None of that really made the difference. At the end of the day, he won because he heard the pains of the American people, and he addressed them. As someone who voted otherwise, I have to at least acknowledge this.

Now that the election is over, I hope he can surprise me and be a great leader, and make a great difference. I really do.
well said.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:13 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Still wondering what Trumps relationship with Putin is. I guess future candidates are free from putting their tax returns out there. Name calling is the way to victory, as you can clearly see.
Hope Trump and his mail order bride don't get us in another war or bankrupt us building a wall. We'll see. No excuses now Republicans for not doing anything.....
Welcome to the Soviet State of Amerika

Old 11-09-2016, 12:15 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
You know, I've noticed just as many baited comments aimed at Clinton supporters today as I have at Trump supporters.

I think it is time to put all the baiting away on both sides. Some people are happy with the results, some are unhappy, some (like me) are just waiting to see what happens next. But, there is really no need for any of us to be saying nasty things to or about any group of people at this point.

It won't be easy since both of the ruling party candidates slung enough mud to cover the entire continental U.S. We have to dig ourselves out of that mud, and the sooner the better. You can agree or disagree with a politician without slinging mud at everyone who disagrees with you. It's the only way we can go forward.

God bless America. That includes ALL of us who are Americans. I hope others will see it the same way.

Last edited by RosieSD; 11-09-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 12:16 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeOne View Post
Not my president.
Sure he is, that is, if you are a citizen.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
We tried telling you people, this is not the way to win hearts and minds. Now, you're in the wilderness and your behavior today shows America why we rejected you.

I'm perfectly willing to give Trump a chance.

But since you expect vile and childish we can make an exception for you.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:

And your candidate won YOUR hearts and minds - by promising to separate by religion, race, and sexuality.

We deplore you.

Trump will never be my President. I hope he sets the country on fire.

Best of luck.

Remember how VILE you have been for the PAST 8 YEARS. Expect the same in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies