Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:12 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,736,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
... why - he couldn't even get elected dog-catcher, much less President. Oh wait -- in spite of all the nay-sayers and biased media, he surely didn't screw that up did he? (Or doesn't that count?)
He managed to be elected. The people here celebrating his victory have no idea what problems are facing America, and neither does Trump. He has no idea what to do. He is going to completely lose control of the presidency, and his administration will be the most corrupt since Grant. America is for sale, bid high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 04:52 AM

59,389 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
He managed to be elected. The people here celebrating his victory have no idea what problems are facing America, and neither does Trump. He has no idea what to do. He is going to completely lose control of the presidency, and his administration will be the most corrupt since Grant. America is for sale, bid high.
"The people here celebrating his victory have no idea what problems are facing America, and neither does Trump."

I guess we are just a bunch of deplorable dummies who don't follow the news.

Don't tell me, YOU know what problems America is facing.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:56 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,876,989 times
I do wonder how Trump will handle the pre-existing conditions part of Obamacare.

If he gets rid of it,what will happen to those with pre-existing conditions?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:52 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,871,401 times
A few additional things I'm excited about with Trump:

16). He and his majority congress/senate will stop the rapid slide of the Supreme court into the land of left-wing activist judges who believe their job is to legislate law.
17). Many of the over-reaching Executive Orders of Obama the monarch, designed to ignore the advice and consent intended between congress and the executive branch, will be thrown-out with a stroke of the pen, just as they were enacted. (As O. pointed out, "losing elections has a cost.")
18) The IRS will be reigned-in and the tax code simplified so they more simply and efficiently do what they were intended to do, rather than bureaucratically hog-tie business and economic growth.
19) The whiny liberals and their crony mainstream media and big dollar lobbyists - will at last be forced to abandon their "we know better than everyone else and have the political and financial clout to impose our will on whomever we wish" attitude toward the American public.
20) I won't have to listen to Obama (or the Hillary-clone) lecturing the world and Americans on how much smarter he/she is than everyone else ... while apologizing to every foreign leader for everything; -- embarrassing, rather than enhancing America's strength or position in the world.
21) Some form of control (or reduction) may be imposed on the huge number of bloated government departments and fiefdoms that have mushroomed over the past 8-years.

Last edited by jghorton; 11-11-2016 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-11-2016, 07:00 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,726,584 times
Personal reasons:

1. My family's made in USA line of accessories and clothings will have a great chance of competing hopefully in the global market.

2. My uncles / my brother and my boyfriend and my best friends are veterans, I think they are just happy that their voice has been heard.

3. I think police officers (I have a lot of friends who are officers) shouldn't be demonized. I think the relationship between law enforcement and communities will improve a great deal with Trump's presidency.

4. Corporate tax will be reduced, we can expand our businesses hopefully.

5. I think my best friend Mike will get a great new arm.

Other reasons:

1. I really believe our nation will be much safer

2. I think medical insurance will be a lot more affordable for most Americans

3. I believe we will have a much leaner meaner stronger military

4. I think more people who are willing to work will have more opportunities

Last but not the least, My little Godson will finally be able to attend school in my neighborhood. woohoo!!!!

Old 11-18-2016, 12:02 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,530,401 times
Quote:
1). He is not a career politician interested only in their own gain and re-election.
2). He is not owned by special interest groups
3). The split among career GOP politicians means he is not 'beholden' to even his own party - but, the majority in both house and senate means there will be an interest in getting something done.
4). After the last 8-years and the spectre of a HRC presidency, things couldn't get worse.
5). Even the talking heads at last acknowledge they are not 'king makers' with all the answers
6). He has promised sweeping changes that will lessen the power of the "nanny-state liberals"
7) He is honest, albeit sometimes a little crude, and refreshingly candid (I'm sick of political correctness that is so consumed by how things appear and seem --- truth and what is right get left in the dust).
8). He is willing to speak-up for veterans, a strong military, a strong, respected U.S. presence
9). He doesn't adjust his rhetoric to suit whatever audience he is speaking to.
10) He has more energy and proven ability than any ten 'politicians' half his age.
11) His family, businesses and record of accomplishment speak to his character
12) He is the only candidate in years who might actually shake-up government corruption and inefficiency
13) His election restores some of my confidence that American voters are interested in more than themselves (and have only a 30-second memory).
14). He will be President of the entire country, not just one party, and may change the polarization and self-serving incompetence on both sides of the aisle.
15). He may break the horrible Obama precedent of issuing Executive Orders to bypass the role of congress
(But, since the precedent has been established, it can also be used for the good of the American public.
I think you are going to be deeply disappointed. Unemployment is down to 4.9%, the deficit is declining, and healthcare inflation is decreasing. Saying things can't get worse when you're sailing on a sunny day is naive. His early team & announced appointments are awful--the White House has never been as swampy as this is shaping up.

His taxation & spending platform would send the deficit & debt spiraling out of control, along with inflation--which would likely lead to recession & increased unemployment. His proposal to end Obamacare is 1) unworkable, as he seems to have realized, and 2) would again cause increasing healthcare inflation while sharply increasing the number of uninsured Americans.

Quote:
A few additional things I'm excited about with Trump:

16). He and his majority congress/senate will stop the rapid slide of the Supreme court into the land of left-wing activist judges who believe their job is to legislate law.
17). Many of the over-reaching Executive Orders of Obama the monarch, designed to ignore the advice and consent intended between congress and the executive branch, will be thrown-out with a stroke of the pen, just as they were enacted. (As O. pointed out, "losing elections has a cost.")
18) The IRS will be reigned-in and the tax code simplified so they more simply and efficiently do what they were intended to do, rather than bureaucratically hog-tie business and economic growth.
19) The whiny liberals and their crony mainstream media and big dollar lobbyists - will at last be forced to abandon their "we know better than everyone else and have the political and financial clout to impose our will on whomever we wish" attitude toward the American public.
20) I won't have to listen to Obama (or the Hillary-clone) lecturing the world and Americans on how much smarter he/she is than everyone else ... while apologizing to every foreign leader for everything; -- embarrassing, rather than enhancing America's strength or position in the world.
21) Some form of control (or reduction) may be imposed on the huge number of bloated government departments and fiefdoms that have mushroomed over the past 8-years.
The activists on the current Supreme Court are the Republican appointees. You aren't going to get a simplified tax code, and you definitely aren't getting rid of lobbyists. The size of the federal government declined under Obama. Trump's deportation force would increase it, if he gets it from Congress.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:21 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,305,185 times
1). He is not a career politician interested only in their own gain and re-election. But some would say he's a career businessman looking to take economic advantage of his seat at the top.
2). He is not owned by special interest groups Depends on what special interest groups you are referring to. I think with his businesses there are specail interest groups that have helped him.
3). The split among career GOP politicians means he is not 'beholden' to even his own party - but, the majority in both house and senate means there will be an interest in getting something done. Probably true
4). After the last 8-years and the spectre of a HRC presidency, things couldn't get worse. You're jut assuming. It could get better or worse.
5). Even the talking heads at last acknowledge they are not 'king makers' with all the answers Trump and most others all believe they have the answers.
6). He has promised sweeping changes that will lessen the power of the "nanny-state liberals" He may be sweeping some of his promised sweeping changes under the carpet.
7) He is honest, albeit sometimes a little crude, and refreshingly candid (I'm sick of political correctness that is so consumed by how things appear and seem --- truth and what is right get left in the dust). Candid? He does seem to wear himself on his sleeve. Honest? You're kidding, right?
8). He is willing to speak-up for veterans, a strong military, a strong, respected U.S. presence So far I agree. Let's see what happens when he's president.
9). He doesn't adjust his rhetoric to suit whatever audience he is speaking to. Yes he does. That's a major reason he won the election.
10) He has more energy and proven ability than any ten 'politicians' half his age. He definitely does have a go get 'em attitude.
11) His family, businesses and record of accomplishment speak to his character Not really sure how you think this is all positive.Just speak to contractors.
12) He is the only candidate in years who might actually shake-up government corruption and inefficiency The main reason I have hope, because I think this has been long overdue.
13) His election restores some of my confidence that American voters are interested in more than themselves (and have only a 30-second memory). Don't agree. He spoke to a group that believed they weren't heard by government and they voted. And liberals got lazy assuming it was in the bag and many didn't vote. At this point this election hasn't proven anything to me about voters.
14). He will be President of the entire country, not just one party, and may change the polarization and self-serving incompetence on both sides of the aisle. He isn't aligned with the GOP, that I will say is true.
15). He may break the horrible Obama precedent of issuing Executive Orders to bypass the role of congress When it's all GOP that's just a duh statement. And I believe Obama did what he did because the GOP stonewalled him at many turns being in control of the house and senate.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:29 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,550,192 times
OP, concerning your #14, how can Trump be president for ALL of America when the president appoints an open, avowed racist like Steve Bannon. Steve Bannon has said so himself.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:51 PM

31,293 posts, read 20,793,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
OP, concerning your #14, how can Trump be president for ALL of America when the president appoints an open, avowed racist like Steve Bannon. Steve Bannon has said so himself.
Link?

Old 11-18-2016, 01:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,175,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
How this is going to work out depends on your personal situation.

1. Say goodbye to Obamacare. 20 million Americans will lose health insurance. Some hospitals will go bankrupt because of nonpayment. Insurance and medical bills will escalate for everyone.

2. Paul Ryan will get his way to "fix" Medicare. It will switch to a voucher system, and the health insurance companies will get their cut of $billions in new business. Increased premiums will drive many elderly into poverty.

3. Trump will pull the US out of NATO and SEATO. The results of that are hard to predict, but several more nations will probably develop nuclear capability. The chance of nuclear war will escalate.

4. Domestic freedoms will be considerably eroded by his use of federal police power to suppress "undesirables and enemies."

5. We will get 4 more years of nothing done to fix social security. It will be a de-facto phase out of the system.

Those are just the obvious things. I'm sure he will come up with many creative ways to screw common Americans over.
I do not believe for one second that many or most of the pro-Trump threads are any more genuine than the fake news that is ruining our democracy and dumbing down the masses. I have never seen so many trolls on internet forums as I have for the past several months...this is no coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies