Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 02:31 AM

10,061 posts, read 7,229,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
The absolute crap you people come up with and then actually post tells us a LOT about you and none of it's good.
Oh, please proceed. What does it say precisely, and would you have the guts to say it to my face?

Old 11-10-2016, 04:25 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I agree 100% OP. This election has shown that white men can do and get away with any and everything without punishment.

As a black woman, I am frightened that his hateful words resonated with so many Americans. I fear for the safety of my brothers and my unborn children.
The proud winner of the Sanger award would have protected you and them.

Bwahahahahahahahahah

Old 11-10-2016, 04:45 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,783,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
To be fair, the racial aspects to this election are exaggerated. This election was primarily about class, not race. Trump won, because he won the Rustbelt. And the Rustbelt wasn't voting based on racism.

These people are blue-collar/working-class voters, who are tired of their jobs being outsourced. And they are tired of the country being flooded with immigrants, not because they hate foreigners, but because they see immigration for what it actually is, corporations wanting to exploit cheap labor so they can get richer and richer, while screwing over the rest of society.

The working-class see that globalism hasn't benefited them, it has only benefited the rich, and they are tired of it.

To the extent that race was injected into the political discourse, it was because the democrats knew they couldn't win without minority support. So they tried to make Trump out to be a racist, and they tried to push Black Lives Matters, as if the cops were murdering blacks en masse(we later found out that whites are actually killed at a higher rate by cops than are blacks), and they tried to get women to vote for Hillary, just because she is a woman, and for no other reason.

The democrats made the election about sexism and racism because they had no other choice. They weren't going to win with such a corrupt candidate any other way.

The election was a class struggle which materialized in the form of nationalism vs globalism.

The people spoke, and said, no more.

Thank god.
When and where did we find this out?

Old 11-10-2016, 05:53 AM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
The extreme fear mongering is now coming from the far left.More jobs could t be better for all people could it? "No, they're going to put you back in chains!" Must be miserable to be filled with that much self hate.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:05 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Amazing that many of you deny that there were racial aspects to this election. I'm not guilty about anything. I have nothing to lose.
Yes there were,and now Trump has bold racist supporters even in schools.

It is all over the internet.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:29 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Some of you drank the kool-aid. And for the record, I think the thread starter is the same guy that said he likes to watch his wife have sex with other men, so realize the mentality of where this is coming from.

Anyway, you dodged a bullet. Only an imbecile would think that an old white elitist lady like Hillary Clinton was going to be a savior for minorities. No, she says whatever she wants to get elected.

You fools don't even realize the man pulling her strings was involved in the Holocaust. He sold out his own people and led them to extermination. It doesn't get any more unforgivable than that. Hillary is the same lady that called black people super predators.

Whatever it takes to get elected. The thread starter is the racist idiot. He's the reason why people always see race first when they look at my family who is multi-racial. It's bigot idiots like him who can't get off the whole race thing.

People get tired of this. Not everyone fits into whatever is being perpetuated as the "black" or "white" lifestyle. That's what you get for living in ultra white Oregon where there is not one single black person and letting another man have sex with your wife.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:51 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.
The Bold,

It has nothing to do with racism. Interracial adoption faces very different and difficult challenges.

I have a friend who was adopted from Vietnam after the war, He was born in the year of 1972 I believe, So we were from different generations. I was born in 1985. His dad is a well known local politician and he is a white man. His mom is white too, all his siblings are white. My friend went through identity crisis one after another. He loves his siblings and parents, don't get me wrong, but life has been very difficult to him simply because he always felt different.

When your child is young, he won't know or care if he has the same color skin as you. A baby just needs consistent love and care to thrive, not the same color skin or eyes as his caretaker. But when he grows, he might have many questions, concerns and even resentments about being part of a family he doesn't "match."

Your other children will have a new identity as the sibling of a child of another race. As your child grows, he might feel the burden of standing out. A 1999 study published in "The American Journal of Orthopsychiatry" found that about 50 percent of Asian and black adoptees felt discomfort over their racial appearance.

all these being said, your friend's child's experience has absolutely NOTHING to do with racism and Trump's presidency will not make it worse or better lol. It is what it is.

I have a little bit Japanese blood in me, but it has been so fun growing up and I can honestly say I never experienced any type of negativity. My little Godson is a seven year old white kid. If something happened to my best friend, my godson will be living with me. And you better believe I will raise him as a good man who knows where he came from and his heritage. His dad is an American hero, and his dad is also a southern cowboy.

People are not colorblind, and this doesn't make them racists. It is just another fun fact of life. You shouldn't feel sorry for this child, my Godson has leukemia but he is recovering, his little body is fighting. My best friend has only one arm, he works everyday. They are white. everybody faces different challenges, no need to feel sorry for anybody, in my most humble opinion. One thing I learned from my best friend is never feel sorry for myself or anybody else. Life is a challenge, life is constant struggle, everybody's struggle and challenge is different. Count your blessings, life is easier this way. My best friend only has one arm, but he is a purple heart recipient. He is also incredibly handsome.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-10-2016 at 07:05 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.
I think your fears are a little unfounded.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Amazing that many of you deny that there were racial aspects to this election. I'm not guilty about anything. I have nothing to lose.
Propaganda by the left, Trump said nothing racist.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
What I learned from this election is that we haven't progressed from the civil rights movement, women's movement, etc... as much as I thought. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter; I didn't like Clinton. I was on the fence this election until the Billy Bush tape and the sexual harassment allegations. I was probably never going to vote for Trump after he made fun of that disabled guy, but I was thinking 3rd party, Johnson or Stein.

I don't think he is virulently racist, I just think he has more respect for white people than non-whites, which is still a form of racism. Ditto women... it's not that he "hates" women, he just has more respect for men. It's back to the "good ol boy" system that I thought people were done with, but apparently not. As a member of his preferred group, I have few consequences to fear.
Since you have no choice, why not wait and see what happens in 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies