Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

Now, the media is trying to tell us we are going to have a nuclear war and Trump is some kind of Russian agent.

I swear this election gives me the biggest headache.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
It is if you call them rapists and criminals, but you assume "some" of them are good people - implying most of them are not.
He was not implying "all"

Old 11-10-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He spoke the truth. When "most of them" come here illegally, then they are NOT good people.

And being from Texas, you'll certainly have heard about the 10-year-old girl that was raped and murdered by an illegal that been deported once, but came back in. Rapists and criminals. Some are good, but some are not.
Well....Trump: Eisenhower deported 1.5 million immigrants | PolitiFact

Old 11-10-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yes, it is, or did you just miss the part where this screwed up nation elected a grossly unqualified, bigoted Russian sock-puppet who molests women and pays neither his employees or his taxes to the office of the president?

If if Trump literally does nothing but rob the White House and sexually assault various women over the next few years - as bad as all that would be - it's the hatred and malice shown by his supporters that is truly dangerous. They didn't go in there voting for "change" - they voted "somebody to get rid of all them Mooslims, queers, and brown people." And that is unforgivable.
So, you're brain washed by the leftist elite. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
\What hateful things has he said about you and black people. What are you afraid of? What can white men do and get away with that you are talking about? What crime did Trump do that he got away with? Not accusations, but actual crime.
They are pissed a old white guy is gonna straiten out everything Obama screwed up.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I am an immigrant Asian woman who has been here for more than a decade & everything you said is news to me. Are you talking about usa or some other country?? My experience is such a pleasant one. I have lived in the deep south & fit right in. Went to university, stayed on campus, made many friends, worked with mostly white males like you & never felt threatened or left out. Immigrants like me who want to blend in will go out of our way to assimilate. I took time out of my busy schedule to read about current events, read American history, slangs, pop culture, watched movies, tv shows so that I can converse with people.

The immigrants crying about discrimination are the ones who dont even bother to learn English or try to fit in. They hang out with only their kind & make no effort to venture out of their comfort zone to make friends. They expect others to bend backwards for them, make them feel welcome, respect their culture/language/dress code, while they make zero effort to reach out to them. I know several immigrants like that. Not saying racism or xenophobia doesnt exist but for every racist there are like twenty good people around you who are approachable & friendly.
Thank you for addressing this, many want us to assimilate to their culture, ain't gonna happen. "When in Rome do as the Romans do" and you can still celebrate your own culture.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:06 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Hopefully Trump delivers and does a good as president. Though, I imagine a lot of white men who voted for him are happy today.
Anyone who is an upstanding, working, tax-paying citizen, regardless of race or sex, should be happy that he was elected instead of Hillary.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:16 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Stop drinking the cool aid. Those exit polls are designed to hide the truth.

Trump won HS graduates, while Hillary absolutely destroyed him with non-HS graduates.

They lump those two classes together to hide the truth that the dumbest and least educated people in this country heavily vote democratic.
Trump only beats her out in this category because there are far more people that graduated high school than there are that did not graduate high school in this country.

The other thing that those exit polls do, is they don't count associate degrees or trade degrees. Apparently a registered nurse, a police officer or a commercial electrician with a 2 year degree is uneducated, but the barista that makes my coffee every morning with her art degree is

I think a lot of people don't realize just how difficult some of these associates degrees are. Yes becoming an X-ray tech is more difficult than half the bs degrees at a University these days.

Trump won the educated vote. Get real......
Registered nurses with a two year degree! You are living in the dark ages....

Old 11-10-2016, 10:25 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...it ain't that bad, dude.
Hey Mr DD, I have hated your guts and argued with your posts for a long time as we navigated through this insufferably long election process.
Since the final vote were tabulated and Mrs Clinton came in second, you have been nothing but a classy guy, unlike so many others on the losing side.
When obama won I was terribly disappointed but decided that he is who we have, so I would give him every opportunity to succeed. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to stop the name calling and take a wait and see attitude, it really is the best way to proceed.
None of us can predict how successful Tramp will be, but he is the man for at least the next four years, so why not give him a chance? I predict he is going to do great things. For all of our sake, let's hope I'm correct.
I have waited for a businessman to come along for a long time and show America how a country is supposed to be run. Let's see what happens.. It's long since time to get the politicians out of politics.
I predict that Trump will not run for a second term, he will return to his real love, the business world, but he felt he had to do something to save America. Once he has it going in the right direction, he will hand over the reins to another to complete the job..

Old 11-10-2016, 10:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.
Please don't ever vote again. You voted based on locker room talk. It wasn't the economy or the Middle East it was because you heard the word p**sy?

You should have felt bad for muslim woman when democratic leadership accused them of being lunatics. "It was a video", you know how crazy they are!! pfffftt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies