Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:38 PM

10,062 posts, read 7,229,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
So, what Billy-boy *did*, and Hillary *tolerated*, is not worse that what Trump *said*?

That's what you're going with?
Hillary is not Bill. Why would I blame the wife for her husband's behavior?

Although I think a strong argument can be made that Bill hurt her more than helped her, definitely in 2008 when he cost her the primary in SC making racial comments, as well as this year.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Both sides play the race card.

Hillary always had a Muslim, a black, a transvestite, a hispanic, an Asian, etc behind the podium whenever she had a speech. She was simply pandering to every single group in the world except Anglo Saxons. She was simply manipulating naive people on the left to get votes

Trump will never expel 10 million Mexicans and cannot create a hermetic blockade of Muslims. These was just hyperbole to get votes from rural America.

You need to sharpen your analytical skills.
You're right but that's not the point...he has brought out the bully in a lot of people regardless of what his real plans are. Even here in relatively purple Long Island, there is evidence of what the OP talks about..I know people who teach in schools from k-12 and most of them have seen the kind of nasty stuff that they haven't seen before, and it's emboldened by Trump.

I don't think he won the election because of that, but to deny that element being there is a fallacy.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
I'm glad I'm a white male today too OP. I was glad to be a white male yesterday and tomorrow. Everyone should be proud of what you are, you can't do anything about it, you were born that way.....Bruce Jenner and Michael Jackson notwithstanding.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 PM

10,062 posts, read 7,229,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Both sides play the race card.

Hillary always had a Muslim, a black, a transvestite, a hispanic, an Asian, etc behind the podium whenever she had a speech. She was simply pandering to every single group in the world except Anglo Saxons. She was simply manipulating naive people on the left to get votes

Trump will never expel 10 million Mexicans and cannot create a hermetic blockade of Muslims. These was just hyperbole to get votes from rural America.

You need to sharpen your analytical skills.
Oh I agree. It's not Trump I'm worried about.. I don't think he can do 1/10th of what he's said and he will change his mind about that last 1/10th.

It's the people who supported him, that will now think they can verbally abuse Mexicans or whatever. That they can tell a brown person they need to go back where they came from. The people that think it's cool to rate women on a 1-10 scale & judge their worth as a person on that, because our president does it.

It's the lesson to our kids that success in this country is being a bully & a jerk, and there are no consequences for that.

Just two days ago, I bought egg nog from Target. The girl working the check out - a hispanic girl - said "I've never had egg nog! Is it good?" She went on to say that she never had it because in her family they always drank Ponche... she stopped herself, got embarrassed like she was ashamed to tell me any more... actually turned red. She thought I would judge her negatively for her Mexican heritage. I wish at the time I'd said something more... that she has no reason to be embarrassed & rather should be proud. I just said, "egg nog's great, you should try it!" & moved on because I was in a hurry.

I live in an area that used to be 95% white, 5% native, just a few years ago. It is now about 80% white with about 15% Hispanic and 5% native.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:43 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
I'm a middle aged white guy, and certainly no Trump supporter either. But I'm not ashamed at all. I'll keep doing what I've always done- treat people with respect and fairness and if someone bullies another in my presence- I call them out on it and have ALWAYS had the b*lls to do just that.

There has been no 'validation' of racism, sexism etc.. It's always been there, will be there whether Trump won or lost.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:45 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Oh I agree. It's not Trump I'm worried about.. I don't think he can do 1/10th of what he's said and he will change his mind about that last 1/10th.

It's the people who supported him, that will now think they can verbally abuse Mexicans or whatever. That they can tell a brown person they need to go back where they came from. The people that think it's cool to rate women on a 1-10 scale & judge their worth as a person on that, because our president does it.

It's the lesson to our kids that success in this country is being a bully & a jerk, and there are no consequences for that.
Rest your fears, buddy. Melania is going to charge in and save us from the bullying. That's her platform and she's going to fix it.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
It is if you call them rapists and criminals, but you assume "some" of them are good people - implying most of them are not.
Trump is a blunt, non-polished political speaker and does engage in hyperbole at times, I'll give you that.

The point he was making is the mostly lower class and many of the criminal of latin America have been illegally crossing our border. Why is it when one rightfully criticizes actions and behaviors of any non-white identity group members, it's "racism!"? But if you criticize white identity group members, it's supposedly enlightenment and virtue? That's the racism.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:46 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,134,928 times
I agree 100% OP. This election has shown that white men can do and get away with any and everything without punishment.

As a black woman, I am frightened that his hateful words resonated with so many Americans. I fear for the safety of my brothers and my unborn children.

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
It is if you call them rapists and criminals, but you assume "some" of them are good people - implying most of them are not.
Agreed, he should have treated these undocumented immigrants with the same respect as they showed for our immigration laws.

Oh, wait.

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Taking control of immigration is not racist.
But he won't. At worst he cancels the Executive Orders which thrusts Dreamers and such back to the gray side. But they are not going anywhere and he has no capability of deporting them. That would take large sums of money which Congress is not about to appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies