Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles Schools Offer Counseling in Wake of Trump's Election - Studio City, CA Patch

I don't know if this is too much or what but apparently Trumps elections has spurned the LAUSD to offer counseling to Latino students who feel heartbroken over the polarizing election. Just wow. I don't think people are this torn up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 06:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
They think we they are suffering psychological abuse. What did they think 8 years of Obama and SJW stomping on us was?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdofmoYcJNE

Old 11-09-2016, 06:11 PM

This is a bit much don't ya think? They can't really be serious? It's almost insulting the way they put it.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM

515 posts, read 623,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Los Angeles Schools Offer Counseling in Wake of Trump's Election - Studio City, CA Patch

I don't know if this is too much or what but apparently Trumps elections has spurned the LAUSD to offer counseling to Latino students who feel heartbroken over the polarizing election. Just wow. I don't think people are this torn up.
They just want a head count of students who will be deported.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:45 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

Some are. I have some young Latino people in my office who were very upset and disturbed today about the election. They fear that it will be open season on them because their perception is that Trump encouraged the bigots. I also know some young gay people who are also in fear that this means open season on them.

When you are gay and have ultra-religious people circulating emails that a vote for Trump is a vote for God and a vote for Hillary a vote for Satan and other mumblings about gay marriage bringing divine wrath on our country, your fear level might go up, too. I was sent one of those emails two months ago when I mentioned to a fundamentalist Christian friend that I was undecided as to who I would vote for. This is an educated, intelligent, 50-something woman with an established career in business, yet she was going with this line of thinking.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:01 PM

Total eye roll. They've been watching too much CNN. That level of triggering is just outright ridiculous.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:08 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Total eye roll. They've been watching too much CNN. That level of triggering is just outright ridiculous.
But is it that different from the wild-eyed fears that the Muslims are coming to rape and pillage and that we will all be forced to speak Spanish?

There are extreme fears all around.

Except for me. I'm not afraid of jack, but I'm white, Christian, straight, and live in New Jersey. Brown people, gay people, and those of other religions don't scare me because they're already here and in the same coffee club at work.

But yeah, giving up TV "news" would be a good start.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I love the weather, geography, outdoor opportunities, abundance of free things to do and physical beauty of L.A.

But this story reminds me why I'll always carry a little bit of my native Rust Belt with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies