Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 09:36 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Would you vote yourself out of a job?

I find it difficult to believe that those two or their replacements will legislate their own political demise.
Well, the answer has been "no." But in my view Ryan does not have to be voted out of Congress, just moved out of his position. Without term limits member of Congress will stay there forever, and the longer they are there the more crooked and powerful they become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Bittersweet irony. I seriously would have voted for Trump if he didn't get such enthusiastic support from white supremacists. I don't want any Syrian refugees here, I want the illegals gone too, but I definitely do not agree with his Nativist bent.

Hadn't he already backed away from the 'Deportation Force' plan a while before the election?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:43 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,259 times
Real soon.

Not only that, Trump will never expel 10 million Mexicans and cannot create a hermetic blockade of Muslims. These was just hyperbole to get votes from dumb whites.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:44 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, the answer has been "no." But in my view Ryan does not have to be voted out of Congress, just moved out of his position. Without term limits member of Congress will stay there forever, and the longer they are there the more crooked and powerful they become.
I'd be THRILLED if there were term limits. I really would like to have a different congressman since the one I have is a bum and a troglodyte: Trent Franks.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hadn't he already backed away from the 'Deportation Force' plan a while before the election?
He did. Now he's only gonna deport the criminals. Basically Obama's policy lol. Let the countdown begin

Old 11-09-2016, 10:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's not a matter of if, but when. You have Trump who is what Democrats sort of used to be economically speaking, but he is surrounded LITERALLY by the same people who have been around for AGES. Pence, Ryan, McConnell, the 3 people closest to Trump, power wise, are the definition of establishment GOP. Let's see who is Cabinet appointments are. If they turn out to be corporate goons like past Republicans, then I'm gonna say it now, I told you so. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Considering who he is surrounded by at this time, who holds the legislative cards, it's gonna take a miracle for Trump to do everything he wants. Then you guys will know what consistent disappointment is like us Bernie supporters do, us real Democrats who care about economic issues and not the culture wars like the Berkeley and Ivory Tower Democrats
Did you notice how many of the " old guard" were reelected?

Arizona went for Trump and reelected McCain to a 6th terms and voted Joe Apiao out.

#1 on Trump's 100 day plan is term limits. McConnell has made clear its not going on the Senate's agenda.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did you notice how many of the " old guard" we're reelected?

Arizona went for Trump and reelected McCain to a 6th terms and voted Joe Apiao out.

#1 on Trump's 100 day plan is term limits. McConnell has made clear its not going on the Senate's agenda.
You have some Trumpies trolling my topic about Hillary winning, when the joke's gonna be on them in the end when the GOP sticks the middle finger up at Trump and his supporters. The establishment won. Again. Like they have been since FDR died. Trump is just a front, a baby's pacifier. How the hell does anybody think anything will get better if the SAME people from before Trump are back? Reality will set in sooner or later.

Like Danny Glover's character in Shooter says, "You lose, again. Get used to the idea, son"

Old 11-09-2016, 10:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
And your solution was to vote for Hillary the queen of the establishment. Give me a break.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And your solution was to vote for Hillary the queen of the establishment. Give me a break.
Rding the coat tails. It means Congressmen who are vulnerable, like actual real pro labor Democrats, have a chance to get elected if enough people vote straight ticket. Yes I voted for Hillary. But I did not vote just for her. I voted for all of the pro labor Democrats who could have ridden her coat tails to victory, however small in number they are. the president DOES NOT WAVE A MAGIC WAND. If that was the case, Obama would have just steamrolled Ryan and McConnell and bypassed them. But no. He was obstructed at every turn. The president is a lot less powerful than everyone thinks. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are the bosses, not Trump. Trump is just the PR spox

Old 11-09-2016, 10:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
There are pro labor Republicans. Ever heard of Sen. Sessions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies