Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 05:07 PM

15,035 posts, read 9,997,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Vermont. Progressive. Concealed Carry without Permit. Doesn't fit with the OP Narrative. He doesn't know his counrty
Great state I might add.... Loved my visits. Yes... Very much gun pro ownership
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 05:11 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,321,572 times
Quote:
Vermont. Progressive. Concealed Carry without Permit. Doesn't fit with the OP Narrative. He doesn't know his counrty
Exception to the normal in that case. I say that because the politicians who are progressive left, almost all do not see the 2nd as a individual right, almost all vote yes to any gun ban or restriction that crosses their desk. The people rioting against the free election, well they support said politicians above.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,806,532 times
Quote:
What is their demographics, old stock rural America ?

Experiencing multiculturalism seems to tend to slap leftism and progressivism right out of normal people, leaving only radical lefties remaining.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:16 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,434,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's what I believe from observing the Left .
I'll give your belief all the credence it deserves.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,806,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
I'll give your belief all the credence it deserves.
You can do whatever you want with it, sir or mam .

Do you believe the Left trust us with gun ownership? If not, why not?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:28 PM

575 posts, read 297,260 times
Quote:
Do you believe the Left trust us with gun ownership?
You? Probably. You sound like decent folk. I just don't like the NRA vigorously protecting the "rights" of the criminally insane and those on No Fly lists. The NRA stopped representing gun owners and now works for gun manufacturers.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:31 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,077,690 times
Quote:
You? Probably. You sound like decent folk. I just don't like the NRA vigorously protecting the "rights" of the criminally insane and those on No Fly lists. The NRA stopped representing gun owners and now works for gun manufacturers.
You don't say.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:38 PM

4,872 posts, read 4,986,257 times
Quote:
Do you see the protests occurring in Vermont, as like in other areas of the country?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:59 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,378,926 times
FWIW, Vermont didn't go for democrats in elections for a full century after the Civil War. Not even for FDR during WWII. Our gun laws are the result of a very conservative history and some court decisions it produced. We just got a Republican governor again because the democrat running was a Bloomberg-backed gun control activist.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:38 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,590,047 times
Quote:
Ugh. This again.

The word, Rights, is not one to put in quotes. There is no one in the NRA, or even in the firearms debate, protecting the rights of criminials.

No fly list are not convictions by due process. The idea of using it to remove citizens rights is ridiculous and an insult to our great country.

The NRA has funding from many avenues. Including gun manufacturers, gasp. I'm not seeing an ideological disconnect between firearms businesses and those in the firearm sports, hobby, collectors, or other avenues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies