Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 07:58 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,683,373 times

Advertisements

My wife and I were talking about this earlier. It's a very strange thing to consider. As a Gary Johnson voters and supporters, we both feel calm and almost entirely detached from all the anger and angst and rage and fury that has ignited since Donald Trump won the Presidency. We sit back in amazement watching Hillary voters sobbing and crying and rioting. We're equally confused when we encounter Trump supporters doing a victory dance by yanking hijabs off Muslim women's heads or acting like a bunch of xenophobic nutjobs.

As Libertarians, we knew we were going to lose. We voted for the man we believed in anyways because that's what representative democracy is supposed to actually be about. You vote for who you actually believe in, not for the candidate that makes you throw up a little less than the other. We can honestly say that we're absolutely thrilled to not be part of either group of crazies. Libertarians aren't assaulting people with opposing political opinions in the streets. We're not crying our eyes out. We're not gloating by making racist comments. We don't have to apologize for anything or anyone.

It's all very liberating -- no pun intended either. It's like seeing the entire world around you going absolutely crazy and you're the only sane people in the room. Our vote for Gary Johnson was and is a truly wonderful thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 08:01 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,264,633 times
If only he knew what and where Aleppo is . And I mean that seriously. Had he shown more knowledge of world events instead of making himself a laughingstock he might have done extremely well in a few states and pushed the Libertarian percentage way up there, relatively speaking .

Old 11-10-2016, 08:03 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,227,886 times
Being an oh so close non-statist does have its perks I suppose.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:06 PM

25,348 posts, read 16,993,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
If only he knew what and where Aleppo is . And I mean that seriously. Had he shown more knowledge of world events instead of making himself a laughingstock he might have done extremely well in a few states and pushed the Libertarian percentage way up there, relatively speaking .
You do not mean that seriously. Or if you do you did not bother yourself to watch the whole exchange.

Either way, you do not know what you are talking about.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:07 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,683,373 times
Quote:
If only he knew what and where Aleppo is .
Yeah that was a setup. Chris Matthews was being a asshat as usual. He offered no context. Just "What would you do about Aleppo." Because everyone just knows off the top of their heads what Aleppo is on a moment's notice.

Us Libertarians wouldn't do anything about Aleppo actually. Not militarily certainly. So do you actually need to know where Aleppo is in order to do absolutely nothing about it? But yes, at the end of the day Gary Johnson really does know where Aleppo is and why it is significant. And by the way, he doesn't need to have a favorite world leader in order to not invade Iraq or to not bomb Syria or to stop handing out billions to every other country on earth for no reason at all.

By the way, both Trump and Hillary said and did things that were vastly more humiliating and made them each look worlds stupider ... so do we really need to go down that road?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:15 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,187,069 times
It's like when you realize how the human mind works and why humans react the way they do, it leaves a sort of peaceful detachment realizing you aren't really who you think you are.. your personality is actually a very impersonal aspect of oneself that can sometimes be hard to control.. you can sit there and watch it have a tantrum without getting personally involved in the tantrum... once you stop trying to control it and yet paradoxically start to reprogram it, the peace sets in.... then you really stop caring about the trivialities in life that other people care so much about.

With that said it's fun to see the liberals squirm... their level of righteousness and talking down to anyone who doesn't agree with them was getting annoying. They think they are so morally superior.. they remind me of the evangelical christian types back in the 80's. Closed minded and intolerant, even though they claim they are tolerant. Liberals are much more intolerant than conservatives.. if you stand back and watch both of them it becomes glaringly obvious. It's all just subconscious programming though... from society, friends, parents... nothing to be taken personally or too seriously.

I'm with you.. more in the middle.. more relaxed... more libertarian... watching the two sides battle it out from the sidelines, a neutral observer of human nature...

Old 11-10-2016, 08:18 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,227,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
It's like when you realize how the human mind works and why humans react the way they do, it leave a sort of peaceful detachment realizing you aren't really who you think you are.. your personality is actually a very impersonal aspect of oneself that can sometimes be hard to control.. once you stop trying to control it and yet paradoxically start to reprogram it, the peace sets in.... then you really stop caring about the trivialities in life that other people care so much about.

With that said it's fun to see the liberals squirm... their level of righteousness and talking down to anyone who doesn't agree with them was getting annoying. They think they are so morally superior.. they remind me of the evangelical christian types back in the 80's. Closed minded and intolerant, even though they claim they are tolerant.
I can't help but take joy in the pain of the SJWs.

It's just too delicious.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:33 PM

7,160 posts, read 4,718,385 times
Quote:
I voted for Johnson even though his knowledge of geography was poor. I figured Trump didn't know Putin had been in the Crimea for two years....what the heck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies