Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:20 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Over recent centuries (since the end of the dark ages) progress has been the norm in the western world. Looking into the future for America, it looks like the next generation of voters will be more left-leaning than right-leaning. So, your prediction looks valid.
Well, leftism is certainly not progress. More like Dilbert-meets-Kafka fantastical thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 07:40 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's your lies the nation just rejected..... resoundingly.

I reckon you need some time to process it, so I'll leave you to it.

What lies of mine got rejected ?

Please list them here . Is there a limit to the crap you guys won't make up ?

Old 11-11-2016, 07:41 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You are right. America is in decline. Time to turn things around!

So the things I listed indicate a decline , and it's time to reverse equal rights and such?

Wow.

But bold, I'll give you that . At least you are willing to admit it .

Old 11-11-2016, 11:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Well, leftism is certainly not progress. More like Dilbert-meets-Kafka fantastical thinking.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:57 AM

155 posts, read 101,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
That was the Dems first mistake; putting culture war/identity politics over economics.
But is it really a mistake? Think about it..they barely lost the election using that strategy, and won two elections based on it by significant margins. As deplorable as it is, the strategy seems to be pretty damn effective, and could have worked with a candidate that was not as disliked as Hillary...

Also, IMO, both parties are using identity politics. It's just that Democrats are identified with this political strategy because society, for some reason, think of appealing to ethnic minorities, LGBT, women as "identity politics" when in reality, appealing to whites, Christians, etc. is a form of identity politics in itself. (Yes, being white and religious is part of one's identity, and yes, Republicans try to appeal to these segments of the population).

Ultimately, I believe that "identity politics" will naturally exist in a democratic government with a diverse population, and that it's just smart politics to exploit it to your maximum benefit, politically speaking. Just because the Democrats failed to win this election doesn't mean that identity politics is not a politically sound strategy in the general sense, nor does it mean that Republicans should not include it in their repertoire of political strategies.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:29 AM

409 posts, read 258,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jayy View Post
But is it really a mistake? Think about it..they barely lost the election using that strategy, and won two elections based on it by significant margins. As deplorable as it is, the strategy seems to be pretty damn effective, and could have worked with a candidate that was not as disliked as Hillary...

Also, IMO, both parties are using identity politics. It's just that Democrats are identified with this political strategy because society, for some reason, think of appealing to ethnic minorities, LGBT, women as "identity politics" when in reality, appealing to whites, Christians, etc. is a form of identity politics in itself. (Yes, being white and religious is part of one's identity, and yes, Republicans try to appeal to these segments of the population).

Ultimately, I believe that "identity politics" will naturally exist in a democratic government with a diverse population, and that it's just smart politics to exploit it to your maximum benefit, politically speaking. Just because the Democrats failed to win this election doesn't mean that identity politics is not a politically sound strategy in the general sense, nor does it mean that Republicans should not include it in their repertoire of political strategies.
Come on, they lost to a guy who didn't even have the backing of his own party. If Trump actually had the full might of the GOP supporting him instead of sabotaging him at every turn it would have been a total wipeout.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:29 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You were asked your opinion of what would likely happen.
Here's where your comprehension fails... You're asking me to comment on what someone else does, while I've asked you to explain your own admitted racism.

Until you understand that, we can't have an honest discussion.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
And to clarify , since honesty doesn't seem to be a priority for you , I didn't say that I didn't care about black people using the term in public .
Yes you did, and you know it.

Let's recap:
Quote:
Really? Hear anyone calling black people n1ggers in public lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just other Blacks. Is that a problem?
Quote:
Not at all. But it shows the progression of liberal concepts , which was my point .
We can't have an honest discussion because YOU'RE the one who's being deliberately DISHONEST.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Agreed, they just need to remove all the loopholes and hocus pocus, and put in solid realistic tiered rates.

Also, never let anyone get through this discussion of flat tax without bringing up that tax rates are GRADUATED...for hypothetical example, in a system with the under $200K bracket paying 10% and the 200K to $400K bracket paying 20%, the person making 400K pays the same percentage on the first $200K of income that someone who makes $200K does.it's that next 200K where the rate goes up. For some reason right wingers never seem to get this.
How do you justify charging one person many multiple times the amount for access to the exact same government services and benefits than someone else pays?

That's like charging one person $500 for a gallon of milk, and charging someone else only $5 for that same gallon of milk.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Hear anyone calling black people n1ggers in public lately?"

Have you been in a black urban neighborhood lately?

Or listen to black rap music?
Jay-Z called them nlggers at a Hillary rally. Can't get any more public than that: a presidential campaign rally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies