Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:23 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Do we? Last I checked, the majority of voters did not choose Trump.
The election process declared trump the winner and the popular vote is an approximation and with out counting dead people voting for hillary it is a wash. Can't say that most people didn't support trump. Milions that didn't vote who support trump.

Elections have consequences.

Surely if trump won the popular vote and lost the election, you'd be delegitimizing hillary and calling for an end to the EC, right?

Old 11-11-2016, 05:23 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Hasn't happened yet, though, so please don't go putting words in our mouths. You want the wall. I'd bet the actual majority of voters do not.

If it gets built, it will come falling down one day, and I'll be telling my grandkids about all the idiots that wanted it to happen while they laugh.
That would make it a wonderful testament to his legacy.

I read an article about the Texans who own land near the border. They actively go out hunting people who cross so they can capture (no doubt, meaning shoot) those who dare step on their soil. It sounds hard to believe, (in the article, these Americans had pictures of dead bodies) but knowing the gun nuts out there- I believe they wouldn't want a wall to disturb their patrols. For people who are so God fearing, they sure have bloodlust.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:01 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken-wings View Post
They said Trump would never be the Republican nominee. Now he's soon to be the new leader of the free world and commander-in-chief of the strongest military on earth.

I wouldn't underestimate what he's capable of achieving.
He didn't compromise votes. The will of the stupid people got him elected. Getting 3 branches of government to get on board is a whole another ball game.

You, Sir, made a false equivalency.

Last edited by knowledgeiskey; 11-11-2016 at 08:29 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 08:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The transition team is planning big spending negotiations with Congress at that time, which will include money for the wall — a platform on which Trump built his campaign for the presidency.
What?

Why does the Congress have to authorize tax payer money, when Trump said Mexico will fork it out?

Old 11-11-2016, 08:07 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The election process declared trump the winner and the popular vote is an approximation and with out counting dead people voting for hillary it is a wash. Can't say that most people didn't support trump. Milions that didn't vote who support trump.

Surely if trump won the popular vote and lost the election, you'd be delegitimizing hillary and calling for an end to the EC, right?
I never criticized the election process. I corrected a poster who claimed most Americans support Trump.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Its time that we start getting more back from other nations to make up for our over abundance of generosity that we've shown all these years. Mexico will pay for the wall, and if they refuse we have a military that can help change their mind very quickly.

Military is useless, when 40 million citizens in your own country have interest conflict in making war to their Motherland. Mexico is not going to pay that Wall. It is you who is going to pay that Wall since products from Mexico will be charged to move to USA, and thus their prices will go up. that way you will pay a bit more for the goods you consume. and will fund the Wall.

Experts call it Taxation by Inflation.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 11-11-2016 at 08:22 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Like when Al Gore Won and Bush was declared President?

Old 11-11-2016, 08:19 AM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
I have always thought there should be a fee on all those dollars headed south every Friday afternoon. Go to any grocery store in Houston and there will be 20 people in line transferring dollars south.

Not so sure about the wall, though. People will always figure out how to get around, over, or under. And, there is that NA reservation right in the middle. They have already said, not on their land.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:22 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Whether I fully support the wall or not, in my 56 years of life issues with the border between the US and Mexico have always been in the news, always issues with illegals crossing the border, etc. I have no way to know the economic impact of this over the years, and no way to know what the payback time of this wall will be? How long will it take for savings to exceed the cost of such a wall?

Old 11-11-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I have always thought there should be a fee on all those dollars headed south every Friday afternoon. Go to any grocery store in Houston and there will be 20 people in line transferring dollars south.

Not so sure about the wall, though. People will always figure out how to get around, over, or under. And, there is that NA reservation right in the middle. They have already said, not on their land.

There is no Fee on all dollars Coca Cola, Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, PepsiCo, Move north from México. should we put fees on them? What if we put fees on their exportations to pay the Wall, so you see an increase in the prices of their products? that way you will end paying your wall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies