Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You're right!

BUT the (hilarious) assertion here was how quietly conservatives accepted Obama's presidency, and with what degree of grace.

1. Not quietly.
2. Zero grace. Lots and lots of throwing-self-on-floor screaming tantrums. (Oh yeah, and a secession movement and assassination threats.)

HTH.
Did they resort to violence? No.

Did they make loud speeches about not liking 0bama and his policies? Yes. That is civil political discourse, not the rioting we see the left always engaging in, be it OWS riots, BLM riots, etc...

2,409 posts, read 1,442,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then leave the US. Those on the right would have accepted Hillary. They wouldn't like like it but would have accepted.

Those who do violence hopefully will be locked up.

You serious about that? Did Trump himself not allude to the election being rigged had he not won? Had Hillary won, I'm very sure Trump supporters would have went insane. Yet I do agree people need to shut up and give Trump a chance. I don't believe he will do anything for poor and middle class Americans (black people in particular), but as long as he's not getting us into wars because his mouth, then I'm cool.

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then leave the US. Those on the right would have accepted Hillary. They wouldn't like like it but would have accepted.

Those who do violence hopefully will be locked up.
You would have accepted Hillary.

Uh huh.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
Trump told a rally of people that protesters should be hurt. Not rioters, just protesting.

Those were his own words, and his followers embraced those words. How is that okay?
Pathetic, keep trying.

Show me the violence at a Trump rally, and I'll show you the Bob Creamers of the Democratic Party who sent in their trained operatives to pretend they were Trump supporters and causing the violence.

Face it, you democrats are domestic terrorists when you engage in political speech, republicans just go to the polls and vote

ANOTHER North Carolina Republican Office Vandalized...
Trump Denver HQ Defaced...
Staffer assaulted for wearing Trump hat...
Denver HQ Vandalized Again; Rock Through Window...
Boston 'Kill Your Local Trump Supporter' Graffiti...
Hillary supporters trash lawn outside Independence Hall...
Shock Video: Black Mob Viciously Beats White Trump Voter
Anti-Trump protests turn violent in Oakland,
‘People Have to Die’: Anti-Trump Protester Calls For Violence on CNN | Mediaite
Portland - protesters take to streets for second night

Old 11-11-2016, 10:16 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Uh huh.
I know.

The thing is, it was actually kind of a relief to read that as we all seriously need a laugh around here, the tension has been pretty thick.

Reading about the polite, quiet dignity of the Far Reich these past eight years and of their mature plans to accept Hillary with only occasional peaceful "discourse" was just the visual I needed to double over in a giggle fit.

Thanks, guys, we needed it. Now...let's wipe our eyes, collect ourselves and carry on with our day.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Uh huh.
No, that witch would have destroyed the nation, but i would not have resorted to violence, that is reserved for demcorats

Old 11-11-2016, 10:19 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No, that witch would have
SNORT

I see that polite, "civil discourse" idea proposed by our Far Right (or is that far-out?) friends is dead. Within a mere 5 posts.

SAME poster, people.

LOL.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:26 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I agree that people should accept the president and move on. But to the bolded, you are kidding, right? There are still people, 8 years later, who say this about the current president. Many of them very active contributors on this message board. Those hypocrites who said it about Barack Obama are probably too dumb to realize they are criticizing others for the same thing.

On top of it all, it's a free country as far as expression. If people are upset and scared over Trump, they get to express that and you can't tell them to leave the country. Oh wait, unless you are a communist?
In 2008, I didn't like Obama because he REALLY wasn't qualified for the job having never run anything in his life. In 2012, I didn't like Obama because of what he did in office in 2009 - 2012.

No more lawyers! I won't vote for them on Capitol Hill and I won't vote for them for President. They're all talk, no action. Hillary actually was a do-er. She just stunk at it.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:29 AM

305 posts, read 179,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Pathetic, keep trying.

Show me the violence at a Trump rally, and I'll show you the Bob Creamers of the Democratic Party who sent in their trained operatives to pretend they were Trump supporters and causing the violence.

Face it, you democrats are domestic terrorists when you engage in political speech, republicans just go to the polls and vote

ANOTHER North Carolina Republican Office Vandalized...
Trump Denver HQ Defaced...
Staffer assaulted for wearing Trump hat...
Denver HQ Vandalized Again; Rock Through Window...
Boston 'Kill Your Local Trump Supporter' Graffiti...
Hillary supporters trash lawn outside Independence Hall...
Shock Video: Black Mob Viciously Beats White Trump Voter
Anti-Trump protests turn violent in Oakland,
‘People Have to Die’: Anti-Trump Protester Calls For Violence on CNN | Mediaite
Portland - protesters take to streets for second night
Did you read anything I wrote?

Let's tip-toe through this.

First, at no point did I say violence was justified.

I pointed out, very clearly - that the Trump and his supporters have justified the use of violence.

So Trump encourages people to protest Obama. They do so.

Someone goes to a Trump rally to protest him. Trump laments that you can't just hurt protesters. His supporters agree, never-mind Obama.

Trump says other things, "I wanted to hit those speakers" and other such gems. His supporters don't seem to care that he talks about hurting people and even cheer him on.

Then people - people they don't like are *actually* being violent, and they hold up their nose and talk about how abhorent that behavior is. So someone like me points out that you certainly didn't mind talking about it.

Your response, it was just talk.

Words have meaning. People will hold your words against you.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:33 AM

60 posts, read 57,752 times
Wink Deplorable!

Guess it just shows who the deplorables really are. Peaceful protest I can agree with but rioting and looting is really low-class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.