Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times

Advertisements

Tell you what.
I am an Oregonian.
Take a look at this map.
The blue democrat areas can secede all they want.
Especially Multnomah County (Portland) and Eugene.

The rest of Oregon would probably welcome the loss.

People don't realize that although Oregon can be called a liberal state, the majority of it is highly libertarian and not highly liberal democrat.
All the stupid ideas come out of Portland and Eugene, not the rest of the state.
You can see proof of that by reading about the riots we have had here recently.
All happening in Portland.
People in Eugene are probably too stoned to organize anything on that scale.

By the way, "The State of Jefferson" movement of long ago was a political stunt that was egged on by the media of it's day, and highly staged.
It was pretty much all hyped up BS.

Oregon will never secede.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 11-11-2016 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
This'll work.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Never was the country more divided than before Trump came around ...
IT was divided you just never listened to us................Toby Kieth wrote a song about it. Want to hear it???

Old 11-12-2016, 03:27 AM

979 posts, read 490,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The precedent has already been set by the Civil War, you secede, we kill you.
Why? I thought you guys would like to see liberal states leave....though you would probably be living in one of those liberal states to secede if the west coast states were to ever go...of course nothing would stop you from moving to Idaho to stay a part of the US.

Heck, getting rid of Washington, Oregon, and California would definitely make the rest of the US an even more conservative country, which is something I am sure most conservatives would love.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Tell you what.
I am an Oregonian.
Take a look at this map.

People don't realize that although Oregon can be called a liberal state, the majority of it is highly libertarian and not highly liberal democrat.
All the stupid ideas come out of Portland and Eugene, not the rest of the state.

By the way, "The State of Jefferson" movement of long ago was a political stunt that was egged on by the media of it's day, and highly staged.

Wanting to secede and being libertarian tend to go hand in hand. I am sure many people in Oregon outside of the metros would also want to be governing themselves rather than have to deal with the federal government.

I use to say Oregon will never secede, but I also use to say someone like Trump would never become president. Now I am beginning to rethink a number of things I thought would never happen.

Secession in the US will happen when people begin to feel like they are no longer being represented in the country. Only time will tell if it will ever happen, but it is definitely not something I would ever rule out any more.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:39 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Tell you what.
I am an Oregonian.
Take a look at this map.

The blue area can secede? That's the majority of major cities in the country!

Old 11-12-2016, 03:42 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
The blue area can secede? That's the majority of major cities in the country!
Good luck getting enough food.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:44 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Wanting to secede and being libertarian tend to go hand in hand. I am sure many people in Oregon outside of the metros would also want to be governing themselves rather than have to deal with the federal government.

I use to say Oregon will never secede, but I also use to say someone like Trump would never become president. Now I am beginning to rethink a number of things I thought would never happen.

Secession in the US will happen when people begin to feel like they are no longer being represented in the country. Only time will tell if it will ever happen, but it is definitely not something I would ever rule out any more.
Well since you joined the day before the election - I'm sure the old ID took a vacation but being Libertarian does not go hand in hand with seceding. I'm assuming you are that same instigator that finally got the boot.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Good luck getting enough food.
Huh? Have you never heard of trade? Food comes from all over the world. It isn't hard for any country to import food from other places, even the US imports food. There is a good chance much of the food you eat comes from other countries, especially if you are buying something that isn't in season where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well since you joined the day before the election - I'm sure the old ID took a vacation but being Libertarian does not go hand in hand with seceding. I'm assuming you are that same instigator that finally got the boot.
That is funny you say that, I have some good friends that are libertarian that would be more than happy to do away with the federal government. Libertarians are for small government and having a more localized government, many of them think the country has gotten too large to properly govern itself. So yes, plenty of libertarians are for secession.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:49 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Why? I thought you guys would like to see liberal states leave
You thought wrong.

Quote:
....though you would probably be living in one of those liberal states to secede if the west coast states were to ever go...of course nothing would stop you from moving to Idaho to stay a part of the US.

Heck, getting rid of Washington, Oregon, and California would definitely make the rest of the US an even more conservative country, which is something I am sure most conservatives would love.
Why should others, who want to remain in a certain state and in this country, be the ones to leave? If you no longer want to be a part of this country then it is up to YOU to leave, and that goes for the rest of the whiners.

Here's an idea .. all of those who are not happy with the election results, who march in protests, that are not peaceful, who talk about about succession, assassination, etc., etc., etc., should band together with your queen and find some distant country to settle in. Somewhere where there is plenty of open land that you can settle in without being an interruption to the native population--maybe somewhere in the ME, yanno, to show that you're not racist or xenophobic, etc. You can be ruled over by Hillary to your hearts content, and after she bites the dust you'll have her daughter to pick up the crown, then her offspring, and so on.

Just be sure that you take, the country killer, Soros with you, though I would suggest that you toss him out of the plane while over the ocean. Just be sure to do it when Hillary isn't looking, since she's his faithful minion she will toss you out to save him.

You know that old saying "America, love it or leave it" .. yep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies