Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:41 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Pandora's Box is already opened. ACA was a disaster, but the underlying idea is hard to undo. This is why every Republican candidate said exactly the same thing: "Repeal and replace." They know they can't just dump it. They have to transition those already on Obamacare onto something else.
Replace it with what?

Republicans don't have a principled opposition to Obamacare. They don't like Obamacare because it represented a legislative victory for the Obama administration and Democrats. It's the same way Republicans expressed faux-outrage over the Obama stimulus package but are completely mum about Trump's proposed $1 trillion in federal spending. LOL.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:45 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Sorry, not many people are going to care about scrapping Obamacare . It's pretty universally thought to be a disaster .

When your premium is 1600 a month and you are penalized if you don't spend this money, people aren't go to cry over its demise .

Something better will replace it . If I'm not mistaken Trumps old idea was closer to a single payer type system .

Old 11-11-2016, 07:52 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
As the old saying goes "You can't cure stupid" . If you naysayers stopped to think, 20 million people aren't going to lose their healthcare, they will get it replaced with something that works and most likely will be cheaper. Nobody likes obamacare, it just isn't working and the dems knew that going in. As usual you liberals rant and cry without thinking !

Old 11-11-2016, 07:53 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah the republicans want their own crony healthcare plan, which like Obamacare, is not to be confused with actual health care.
That is correct, the ACA is insurance not healthcare. Trump may not be the republican or lets say a crony like many may think, lets hope not. The States regulate insurance, without getting overly complicated, just for starters, I say place health insurance mandates on the State, not the individual, this would at the very least kick the IRS to the curb as far as being an enforcer. Place mandates on the State in order to force cross state competition, mandates that compel States to have all their citizens covered. Compel mandates that would eliminate gerrymandering by for-profit insurance in any given State or county.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
As the old saying goes "You can't cure stupid" . If you naysayers stopped to think, 20 million people aren't going to lose their healthcare, they will get it replaced with something that works and most likely will be cheaper. Nobody likes obamacare, it just isn't working and the dems knew that going in. As usual you liberals rant and cry without thinking !
Replaced with what? For years now we have heard repeal and replace. There have been 50 something attempts to repeal but nothing on the replace part.

Sorry, but "it will be great" is not a plan.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:05 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
, they will get it replaced with something that works and most likely will be cheaper. N
I've got a car to replace yours.... its is cheaper and better than the one you already own. I just cannot tell you what it is... trust me.

Yup... sounds just as stupid when it comes from a car salesman. Yes. I agree with you. You really cannot cure stupid... especially when you buy into marketing that has no real quality underlying product.

I surely hope that they do improve on the system. I surmise it really won't be much different than Obamacare.. problems and all. The issue isn't health insurance.. it is health care.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:08 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I've got a car to replace yours.... its is cheaper and better than the one you already own. I just cannot tell you what it is... trust me.

Yup... sounds just as stupid when it comes from a car salesman. Yes. I agree with you. You really cannot cure stupid... especially when you buy into marketing that has no real quality underlying product.

I surely hope that they do improve on the system. I surmise it really won't be much different than Obamacare.. problems and all. The issue isn't health insurance.. it is health care.
Or rather, the ridiculous cost of health care.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:10 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yet you had no problem angering many, many more millions with its passing.

The leftist think of no one but themselves. They could care less about the other half of the country.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:11 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Pandora's Box is already opened. ACA was a disaster, but the underlying idea is hard to undo. This is why every Republican candidate said exactly the same thing: "Repeal and replace." They know they can't just dump it. They have to transition those already on Obamacare onto something else.

ACA is a lot like Social Security and Federal Welfare. Easy enough to put in place but impossible to ever take away.
Liberal Democrats are ALL ABOUT Trojan horses aren't they?

There is a word for these types of strategies: Insidious (definition - "proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects")

Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
My thoughts on this have already been addressed by usayit. Let me just say, everyone wants more coverage for less money. It won't work that way. One of the biggest "failures" of the ACA, in my opinion, is that that's what was promised. Unfortunately, more coverage does cost more. Now I think it unethical to sell policies that really don't cover much of anything, and I think there should be mandates on coverages, but it's not going to be cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
That is correct, the ACA is insurance not healthcare. Trump may not be the republican or lets say a crony like many may think, lets hope not. The States regulate insurance, without getting overly complicated, just for starters, I say place health insurance mandates on the State, not the individual, this would at the very least kick the IRS to the curb as far as being an enforcer. Place mandates on the State in order to force cross state competition, mandates that compel States to have all their citizens covered. Compel mandates that would eliminate gerrymandering by for-profit insurance in any given State or county.
I have yet to understand how this "cross state competition" will improve anything. NO ONE, in the 8 years or so we've been talking about this, has shown how that would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies