Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Link show statistics? Considering the population of the US is about 320 million, I think it is highly likely that 93% of the population is angry with Obamacare.

Trump won in part because key historically blue states voted Republican because they lost and did not recover jobs. (Can't blame them really..) It wasn't about just ACA like you make it sound... but it sure does sound good....

Lots of drama.
Well, the polls at the time the ACA was being pushed through said that around 70ish percent did not want the ACA to go through. So far, everyone who pays for their health insurance and does not get subsidies is pretty angry at the system and wants it removed. I wasn't trying to be exact, if you want me to retract the 300 millions and use "most", fine... but you would be pretty hard pressed to claim people like the ACA who are not getting the hand outs from it.

As for why people voted Trump, part was because they didn't want a criminal like Hillary in office. Part was the Illegal immigration, part was supreme court judges, part was government overreach, part was the governments manipulation and bail out of the markets, government lies and manipulation of job numbers, etc... the list goes on.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:47 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, obama said "My plan begins by covering every American."

I guess he just did not care about those that are still not covered....and it appears you don't either...

Obama Unveils Universal Health Care Plan - CBS News
I'm not an obama fan either. I don't believe in universal healthcare. Poor people are supposed to die. Sick people are supposed to die. That's how things work.

Quote:
They could not get insurance before? Hummmmmmmmmmmm, that's surprising....no not really, but you should do some research before just spewing crap...
no, pre 2014, insurance could deny you on pre exisiting conditions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-existing_condition

I think if you have cancer/diabetes/etc , no insurance should be forced to cover you. Maybe stop eating junk food.

Quote:
I think we should keep the "if you cannot afford insurance, well, we are going to fine you law...."
sure, and we should stop giving er visits to poor people. That will definitely fix the problem.

Quote:

With the amount of people who just don't want to work, and have me pay their insurance, I shouldn't be forced to pay them....

I'm still waiting on my $2500 a year...what about you?

I work for a big company. My medical/dental/vision insurance is only like $130/month, actually a bit less because that include my *free* gym membership. If $130/month is a struggle for you, maybe you aren't fit for a country like this.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:06 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
Why not look at his website to figure out what he wants to do with healthcare?

Quote:
  1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
  2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state.
  3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions?
  4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate.
  5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals.
  6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states.
  7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. .
Better descriptions on the site here, https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...lthcare-reform

Sounds much more reasonable than the Obamacare fiasco.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Why not look at his website to figure out what he wants to do with healthcare?

[/list]Better descriptions on the site here, https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...lthcare-reform

Sounds much more reasonable than the Obamacare fiasco.
Sounds like a good start........which is where Obama screwed up. Instead of a progressive change he didn't care what passed as long as something passed. Well, as long as his donors and the lobbyists were happy.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:18 AM

633 posts, read 581,626 times
ACA is crap. Get rid of it

Old 11-11-2016, 10:21 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Can you imagine the mid-term election repercussions?

Go ahead. Make their day, punk.
They are not going to get angry.

They'll just go to the emergency room for treatment
and they won't pay the bill.

Hospital costs and losses will increase and the ones
who will end up paying are the ones who have "good"
private insurance. Their rates will go up.

BTW, except longer waits at the Emergency Department as well.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Can you imagine the mid-term election repercussions?

Go ahead. Make their day, punk.
You had no problem losing the elections for the House and Senate due to all executive pens stripes!

Trump was chosen partially due to Obama pissing off the people who had insurance and the ones who have to pay the IRS penalty and still don't have insurance.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:22 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,873 times
ObamaCare was the end result of numerous compromises.
that's the way things work.

Trumps HC wish list has unattainables:

1.Completely repeal Obamacare.
this just lets Insurance Provider decline coverage for an ever-increasing number of conditions that end up costing them money.

2.Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines.
Good luck getting that one past Republican Govenors that want to keep their existing monopolies alive in their states! As though this is a new idea??

6.Block-grant Medicaid to the states.
Bad idea that's been done before. Lots of precedents of existing block grants that the State Legislatures then use to plug other budgetary holes and not on what it was supposed to be for.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:24 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Only in libprog land is moving 20 million people on to government welfare programs called success.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:24 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times
A family of four, makes about $100,000 a year, parents both small business owners. They send about $30,000 a year back to federal and state taxes each year, yielding them about $70,000 in net income, then deduct property and sales taxes, etc, etc, etc. So net, they put in their pockets about $58,000 annually. Wow.

Now, along comes Obama care, and their latest monthly premium with a $8,000 deductible PER PERSON???? $1610.00 per month. Another almost $20,000 wiped from their income they actually take home.

You tell me how the F, that scenario is even remotely fair?

The law says they MUST buy it. No choice. The insurance companies are losing so much money, they raise the rates and deductibles, yielding their $1610 a month policy virtually useless.

It does not work!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies