Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 12:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
It is the truth and to this day, I would love to be alone with the people who did this to him. I am pissed that this happened.

If someone is going to get hurt, it is because of the tone the protestors have taken, they have become violent and once this happens, a protest is moot, useless, and unnecessary.

Someone will get hurt, and it is there fault.

They have not been peaceful so some of you need to cut the crap.
You probably saw the one here in CA, down in San Diego? She got hit by a car as they walked onto the 5 freeway to protest.....just brilliant. I mean it wasn't like it was rush hour where the cars are crawling along, there was no traffic, just cars speeding by, so by all means walk onto the freeway, they will stop. Well maybe they will and maybe they won't, or they can't slow down in time.

Cars going 65mph don't expect to see people walk onto to the freeway, and it takes time for a car to slow down at that speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 01:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
I've asked before and would really like an answer from one of the liberals posting.

Why is your outrage always directed at the thread or specific posts and not at the event being discussed?

When did venting on the internet in a forum become more egregious and harmful than what happens in real life?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:03 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You probably saw the one here in CA, down in San Diego? She got hit by a car as they walked onto the 5 freeway to protest.
Nope. Didn't see that. Got a link?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:09 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Now we see which side is the deploray one. Trump's first shovel-ready job should be rebuilding the gallows.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Now we see which side is the deploray one. Trump's first shovel-ready job should be rebuilding the gallows.
Deploray?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
These deplorable Hillary's words, creatures, need to be responsible for the mess they are liable for. Let them pay out of their pocket the destruction they have created.

They are the biggest liars, hypocritical people on the planet. Opposite of everything they preach and preach they do with empty words and meaning.

They are weak and not strong by any means, strong people don't let a freaken election control their life they go on with it as any adult. These are a product of what you the D party have created, needy, whiny, typical cry babies, get even type off people. By the tone you set, the words you use and the lies. All rhetoric.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
They are weak and not strong by any means.
That's strange, another thread claims they might overthrow the US government.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tion-will.html

So, which is it? Weak and ineffectual, or bad and dangerous?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Nope. Didn't see that. Got a link?

It's on You Tube, and since I live in Southern CA it was on the local LA news as well.

You don't walk out on the 5 freeway, or any freeway for that matter. The young woman was badly injured.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:42 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I heard Portland was already a hell hole -- lots of drugs, lots of gangs, lots of homeless, lots of stray kids.

"Portland police arrested two men in connection to a shooting that left a protester injured on the Morrison Bridge early Saturday morning, a police spokesman said. Steffon Marquise Corothers and Shamar Xavier Hunter, both 18 years old, were charged with attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon, police spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson said. Corothers was charged with one count of attempted murder. Hunter was charged with six counts of attempted murder. Corothers and Hunter were two of four people detained early Saturday morning after an off-duty police officer saw them in a suspect vehicle from the shooting, Simpson said. "Police believe Hunter, Corothers and the other people in the car are gang associates, Simpson said."

Portland police identify two men arrested in connection to shooting at anti-Trump protest | OregonLive.com

The victim will be okay. No mention if he's in a gang, too.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I heard Portland was already a hell hole -- lots of drugs, lots of gangs, lots of homeless, lots of stray kids.

"Portland police arrested two men in connection to a shooting that left a protester injured on the Morrison Bridge early Saturday morning, a police spokesman said. Steffon Marquise Corothers and Shamar Xavier Hunter, both 18 years old, were charged with attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon, police spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson said. Corothers was charged with one count of attempted murder. Hunter was charged with six counts of attempted murder. Corothers and Hunter were two of four people detained early Saturday morning after an off-duty police officer saw them in a suspect vehicle from the shooting, Simpson said. "Police believe Hunter, Corothers and the other people in the car are gang associates, Simpson said."

Portland police identify two men arrested in connection to shooting at anti-Trump protest | OregonLive.com

The victim will be okay. No mention if he's in a gang, too.
I wouldn't call Portland a hell hole, I lived there a couple of years. It's actually a very pretty city with nice scenery surrounding it. It actually feels more like a large town than a city.

Yes, there definitely is a problem with homeless youth and drugs. But it's not all over the city.

But I will say I did see some oddballs up there...LOL. But also a lot of very nice people, and as far as drivers go they couldn't be more courteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies