Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In reading an article in the NY Post about why celebrities didn't help Clinton at all, there was a mention of Roseanne Barr who supported Trump, just as you would imagine her TV character would have. But, they put a current photo of her with the piece and YIKES! She looks absolutely beautiful! I guess I haven't seen a photo of her in a long time. See for yourself:

Why celebrity endorsements didn’t help Hillary at all | Page Six

Scroll down. It's toward the end of the article under an early photo of her with her TV family. Keep in mind she is 64 years old.
Yeah she looks great, interesting read. They're searching for answers lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,757 times
I really suspect that some of them actually voted for Trump. What a big slap on Hillary's face. People were not saying out loud tgat they agreed with Trump because they didnt want to be labeled. I dont hate celebrities or think any less of them. They work hard & are contributing in a positive way through their profession. They can be hired to oerfirm & thats what they were doing. Same way the journalists were hired to make up facts about Hillary. But I wont be surprised if some of these joyrnalists voted for Trump too.

It would be great of the journalists & celebrities' ballots were released to show how many of them actually voted for Trump but were supporting Hillary on tv

Old 11-14-2016, 08:57 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In reading an article in the NY Post about why celebrities didn't help Clinton at all, there was a mention of Roseanne Barr who supported Trump, just as you would imagine her TV character would have. But, they put a current photo of her with the piece and YIKES! She looks absolutely beautiful! I guess I haven't seen a photo of her in a long time. See for yourself:

Why celebrity endorsements didn’t help Hillary at all | Page Six

Scroll down. It's toward the end of the article under an early photo of her with her TV family. Keep in mind she is 64 years old.
Wow, she aged very well.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I really suspect that some of them actually voted for Trump. What a big slap on Hillary's face. People were not saying out loud tgat they agreed with Trump because they didnt want to be labeled. I dont hate celebrities or think any less of them. They work hard & are contributing in a positive way through their profession. They can be hired to oerfirm & thats what they were doing. Same way the journalists were hired to make up facts about Hillary. But I wont be surprised if some of these joyrnalists voted for Trump too.

It would be great of the journalists & celebrities' ballots were released to show how many of them actually voted for Trump but were supporting Hillary on tv

I don't know its a pretty vocal group. I would imagine those who voted for Trump for the most part kept it to themselves....

Old 11-14-2016, 05:24 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I don't know its a pretty vocal group. I would imagine those who voted for Trump for the most part kept it to themselves....
These were nothing but paid endorsements. We know Beyonce doesnt enjoy pepsi or sarah jessica parker shops at gap or queen latifa loves cover girl makeup or star jones buys Payless shoes. They are nothing but paid advertisements. Their personal choices are very different.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Listening to celebrities, a large portion of whom have only high school educations, speak on politics is as about as valuable or worse on average than listening to exotic dancers do the same. No offense to strippers.

Celebrities are hobbled by the fact that they think since they are on the screen that their thoughts are above average and worth stating to the world. Most often, they sound like teenagers. No offense to teenagers.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:33 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,887 times
Piers Morgan's article at Daily Mail is better and fully expressed everything I feel about those entitled, cocky celebrities.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:44 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Piers Morgan's article at Daily Mail is better and fully expressed everything I feel about those entitled, cocky celebrities.
Good one!!!!!

PIERS MORGAN: The award for the worst election loser goes to every millionaire celebrity | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-15-2016, 08:15 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
With the way the media and politicians kiss celebrity ass they buy into it, the problem is that most of the US really does not care what they have to say.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:18 AM

79 posts, read 104,364 times
Just because I like a song,album or tv show or movie that some nut puts out does not mean we are going to be sharing long hot showers. I don't know any of them. They may be nice and they could be insane asshats. I don't know and don't care. Their opinion means nothing to me. I don't give a rip what they wear, who they marry or whos hoho goes in whos haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies