Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 04:06 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Yes. Because I've seen the same videos you have.
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree, because most of the videos say something different to me, but BLM still isn't to blame for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 04:22 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Well if they followed police orders and stopped resisting arrest they wouldn't be "brutalized."
So how do you explain Philando Castille following orders and being a lawful gun owner reaching for his gun permit and still being shot? John Crawford got killed while talking on his phone in a Walmart and having a toy gun in his possession. He never saw them coming. Or the caretaker in Florida who was shot and when he asked the cop why the cop said " I don't know". But yeah, they were all resisting right? Don't play stupid.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
I don't care what the protests cost. Damn an election.

The police in this country need to be put in their place. If that means losing elections...so be it.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:24 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
So how do you explain Philando Castille following orders and being a lawful gun owner reaching for his gun permit and still being shot? John Crawford got killed while talked on his phone in a Walmart and having a toy gun in his possession. He never saw them coming. Or the caretaker in Florida who was shot and when he asked the cop why the cop said " I don't know". But yeah, they were all resisting right? Do play stupid.
It's not systemic. 90% of these cases they had it coming.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:53 PM

270 posts, read 198,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't care what the protests cost. Damn an election.

The police in this country need to be put in their place. If that means losing elections...so be it.
Well, if Trump is as bad as the anti-Trump people say he is...why take the risk? Isn't he supposed to put all us black folks back on the cotton fields?

Old 11-11-2016, 05:06 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Exactly. People don't seem to get that. Voter turn out for republicans wasn't too far off from 2008/2012. Hillary was millions under what Obama generated. Hillary didn't get people excited to vote for. Had nothing to do with BLM.

And people need to stop giving BLM so much credit for anything. I know it looks like I defend them, but they've accomplished nothing and most blacks don't really even care for them.
Those votes could have helped a 3rd party. When you don't vote, that does damage. BLM hasn't accomplished much, but I don't see it as responsible for this election. Not all on its own.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:07 PM

439 posts, read 357,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
I am an African American. I did not vote for Trump because of some of his irresponsible statements.
However, you Liberals and BLM types have been 10 times as irresponsible as he was. You can only push people so far. BlackLivesMatter has been too hypocritical regarding these police shootings.
The liberal media has been way too smug with their elitist attitudes.
You all deserved that smack upside your heads that you got on election night.

'Lil Wayne is on C-D? Who knew?

Old 11-11-2016, 05:10 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
True that a lot of Black folks did not vote. They knew the Democratic hustle was not real. As for Donald...I have no illusions. Just hope for a better business climate to put black people back to work.
Not just Black people. Alot of people in other groups didn't vote either. And the truth is, neither party is all the excited about Blacks. It's deciding between picking the crumbs vs not having anything.

Personally, I don't trust Trump. Anyone who can act the way he has, he could do things like that in the White House. He has mentioned supporting a nationwide stop and frisk.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:53 PM

270 posts, read 198,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Those votes could have helped a 3rd party. When you don't vote, that does damage. BLM hasn't accomplished much, but I don't see it as responsible for this election. Not all on its own.
Trump barely won. This was Hillary's year. This election should not have been close. Between BLM--and the clueless media blaming everything on "racism," the reaction was inevitable and powerful. The FBI/email scandal was the final nail.
The left did it to themselves.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:54 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Are you saying we shouldn't question police shootings? I completely disagree. When it comes to the loss of life, investigation and inquiry needs to take place especially since the police have a history of harassing black people. Don't blame BLM, blame those in society who have caused the need for BLM. If people would let go of their racism and hatred for other races there would be no need for BLM.
It was how it was done. 2016 may prove to be a mini 1968 in the long run
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies