Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:57 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
While the left and the right are throwing mud at each other, the entire world is watching, friends and foes. Maybe get out of your little US centric bubble and take a look at the bigger picture and think about what it means for a country to be united versus divided on the world stage.
I'm not divided. Remember who it is throwing a hissy fit and calling for impeachment before the president is even in office. And recall that their condescension and violence against Trump supporters for the last year is what got them there. They can spend four nights rioting and destroying property, but they can't be bothered to protest where it counts, in the voting booth.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:50 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Mayor of my city just said that if Trump tries to do anything on illegal immigration he will "act up and act out"
Not sure if that means more protests and riots?
Seems he is willing to sacrifice the future of the city and it's funding in order to harbor illegals.
I don't see how cracking down on illegals here many involved in crime would be bad for the security of non illegal tax paying citizens..
He seems to value the illegals more than the legal residents that voted for him..

__

“If the first day, as president, we see something that is hostile to our people, hostile to our city, bad for our economy, bad for our security, we will speak up, speak out, act up and act out,” Garcetti said.

The mayor also said police would continue to enforce Special Order 40, which bars officers from asking people about their immigration status.

California and Trump are on a collision course over immigrants here illegally - LA Times
hmm

Quote:
“If the first day, as president, we see something that is hostile to our people, hostile to our city, bad for our economy, bad for our security, we will speak up, speak out, act up and act out,” Garcetti said.
Can you imagine if a conservative mayor said that in 2008 or 2012 about Obama?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
WTF how stupid are you people protesting, Protesting what your ass! The man won fair and square Gosh forbid I do not know why he wants to help you people. He had a good life, some of you I hope you never get help, with what you are doing on display for all to see.

Once I see violence and acts against innocent people, your point is moot, useless, and meaningless and believe these people love chaos and uncertainty.

These people are fake, and everything they claim to be about compassion and love, is a big fat negative lie.

They do not know the meaning of compassion, love they can go blow, you do not love and then act the way some of them are acting, and the acts and violence against innocent people.

WTF is the point, yeah I am pissed off. This Man did not have to do this, he truly wants a chance to do something for all of us.

And I believe the D need to tell there little sheep, to go home.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:35 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Regardless of what you want to think, most Liberals do not condone rioting and criminal acts. Moreover, if you really cared you would look up the transcripts of speeches where Obama discourages rioting.
So...

Put you collective money where your collective mouths are.

Or were you not all that serious when you were spouting about "accepting the results of the election"?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So...

Put you collective money where your collective mouths are.

Or were you not all that serious when you were spouting about "accepting the results of the election"?

That was a farce too, Hillary did not even have a speech written because of a lost. They were so into themselves, and stuck with the idea, that they could lose.

No they were not serious, it was just words, really expect the truth from these people.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:18 PM

College's these days are for BABYSITTING! and DAYCARE!

Old 11-12-2016, 08:24 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The responsibility to quell the protest and riots is on the sitting president and democrat leaders. Not Trump

Some who seem more inclined to incite the discontent.

Morons on/in media are trying to put the responsibility on Trump who is not in office. It is the sitting president who needs to step up. He may be afraid to do that because of the recent examples where his supporters don't listen to him and he is wanting to avoid embarrassment. Another failure to lead.

Trump supporters may have to make it clear we have his back if he is going to carry out the change we elected him to do.

And what do you think he is going to do.....build a wall and make mexico pay...not going to happen. His threat to put hillary in jail...not going to happen. Taking healthcare away from 20 million....not going to happen. What I find ironic is that he wanted to clear the swamp in DC yet here he is wanting to appoint DC insiders to his cabinet. And these are has beens lol How can you be ok with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies