Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:22 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
#1) WRONG. When a superior has "consensual" sex, there is always a conflict of interest and coercion involved. The infamous "Casting Couch" in Hollywood comes to mind. It is consider BAD for any superior to take advantage of a subordinate who may fear for their job or worse.

Ask Tippi Hedron about her career after she refused Alfred Hitchcock.

Not wrong at all. Consensual means consensual. Whether it is appropriate due to a superior/subordinate relationship is a different matter than sexual assault. Monica as far as I know never said she felt coerced or forced.

Still hoping Bills consensual BJ bails you out on voting for a sexual molester?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
We've been over this a million times.

Sexual contact has traditionally been a "make a move and see what happens" proposition.

I'm not in the habit of setting boundaries/rules on when you can make your move and how far you can go.

Don't make the rules for me in return.

As a guy I can say I've been pretty happy with my success rate in grabbing p***y. Maybe I left some p***y on the table. Who knows?

But so goes life.
Nothing more needs be said. You seem OK with attempting sexual assault yourself, and so of course have no issues with others assaulting women as well.

We will move on to more sane and moral responses than yours now.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
During these post election discussions, if we can call them that, I have a number of times with many different Trump supporters had some interesting discussions that indicate a lack of basic civics knowledge. To be honest, many Clinton supporters seem to have trouble with the electoral college thing, but thats sort of irrelevant. But here are a few of the things that Trump supporters have repeatedly stumbled on, whether from actual ignorance or maybe biased obtuseness in the face of questions they cannot answer.

1) Sexual assault vs consensual sex.

It doesnt matter what Bill stuck where on Monica and where it happened, because Monica has said it was consensual, and Monica was an adult. Doing it in the Oval Office or wherever in the WH it took place was inappropriate, but not a criminal act, not sexual assault.

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact without the consent of the person being touched. Its really that simple folks.

So can we please get past the dumbass " well Bill got a BJ" response to Trump assaulting women against their will? Its not the same . Trust me.

2) Innocent until proven guilty.

This place was all aflutter with fitting HC for an orange jumpsuit when Comey reopened his investigation, no facts about the emails needed. Facts? Who the eff needs facts? We hate HC, and thats enough. I even got deeper into this with one Trump guy and he actually said " f@ck Hillary and her rights. She screwed me, so I dont care about screwing her. Throw her in jail. "

Sane people dont think this way. They really dont. And fortunately, the legal system does not work this way, whether Trump supporters understand this or not.

3) Criminality

After repeated accusations of HC being a criminal, I challenged a few posters to give actual official evidence of HC being charged with a crime. Most sputtered and hurled insults, one told me to read the Bible and I would see , but one guy tried the angle that because HC was investigated for possible crimes, she is actually a criminal. Sorry, Trump supporters, but it doesnt work that way. Criminality is not decided by accusations, innuendo, wild rumors, Rush rants, or anything besides evidence, official law enforcement investigation, and a jury. HC has never admitted to a crime as Trump did, been charged with a crime,convicted of a crime, or had any investigation recommend charges, as far as I know. In other words, despite repeated investigations, she has never been found to have committed a crime. Not even charged, or had any recommendations to charge, much less actually convicted.

The internet no doubt has remedial lessons for those not up to speed on how the American legal system works.
Civics???? No. But what WAS covered in civics was why the election process is based on the electoral vote and not the popular vote. Republicans don't seem confused about that, however.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
So when a criminal Justice system refuses to charge a fellow criminal, it's OKAY!?

Gotcha.
Please show me where I said that or show yourself to be nothing but a liar.

Lying about what others say is faaarrr too common among Trump supporters on CD.Sad that their stance is so weak and lame they have to lie about what their debate opponent says. Or as Trump would say, very sad.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Here is what you fail to understand. There has been no evidence that Trump actually did any of those things being claimed

vs

plenty of unethical, criminal dealings with Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Loretta Lynch, etc.

If you're wondering how people could possibly vote for Trump, just remember that most of us voted against a known criminal and not necessarily for the buffoon.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Here is what you fail to understand. There has been no evidence that Trump actually did any of those things being claimed

vs

plenty of unethical, criminal dealings with Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Loretta Lynch, etc.

If you're wondering how people could possibly vote for Trump, just remember that most of us voted against a known criminal and not necessarily for the buffoon.

Then feel free to link to where HC, the KNOWN criminal, was ever charged with a crime, or where any investigation decided she had committed a crime and recommended charging her.

We'll wait, and laugh when the expected lame response is given.

* cue Jeopardy theme while we wait*

BTW, while we wait, Trump admitted to grabbing women by the ***** even if they didnt like it or want him to.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:36 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
During these post election discussions, if we can call them that, I have a number of times with many different Trump supporters had some interesting discussions that indicate a lack of basic civics knowledge. To be honest, many Clinton supporters seem to have trouble with the electoral college thing, but thats sort of irrelevant. But here are a few of the things that Trump supporters have repeatedly stumbled on, whether from actual ignorance or maybe biased obtuseness in the face of questions they cannot answer.

1) Sexual assault vs consensual sex.

It doesnt matter what Bill stuck where on Monica and where it happened, because Monica has said it was consensual, and Monica was an adult. Doing it in the Oval Office or wherever in the WH it took place was inappropriate, but not a criminal act, not sexual assault.

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact without the consent of the person being touched. Its really that simple folks.

So can we please get past the dumbass " well Bill got a BJ" response to Trump assaulting women against their will? Its not the same . Trust me.

2) Innocent until proven guilty.

This place was all aflutter with fitting HC for an orange jumpsuit when Comey reopened his investigation, no facts about the emails needed. Facts? Who the eff needs facts? We hate HC, and thats enough. I even got deeper into this with one Trump guy and he actually said " f@ck Hillary and her rights. She screwed me, so I dont care about screwing her. Throw her in jail. "

Sane people dont think this way. They really dont. And fortunately, the legal system does not work this way, whether Trump supporters understand this or not.

3) Criminality

After repeated accusations of HC being a criminal, I challenged a few posters to give actual official evidence of HC being charged with a crime. Most sputtered and hurled insults, one told me to read the Bible and I would see , but one guy tried the angle that because HC was investigated for possible crimes, she is actually a criminal. Sorry, Trump supporters, but it doesnt work that way. Criminality is not decided by accusations, innuendo, wild rumors, Rush rants, or anything besides evidence, official law enforcement investigation, and a jury. HC has never admitted to a crime as Trump did, been charged with a crime,convicted of a crime, or had any investigation recommend charges, as far as I know. In other words, despite repeated investigations, she has never been found to have committed a crime. Not even charged, or had any recommendations to charge, much less actually convicted.

The internet no doubt has remedial lessons for those not up to speed on how the American legal system works.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Fail. Bill vs Monica was sexual harassment. Per the law a subordinate cannot legally consent to sex with a boss and there is a presumed coercion factor. Plain and simple, he took advantage of the power differential between them whether or not Monica understands that. And, why would she understand that when according to her Bill promised her they would ride off into the sunset together once he was out of office.
You just admitted that Monica was a willing participant based on her belief that she would end up with Bill.

Quote:

As to Hillary's criminality, avoiding/obstructing prosecution does not convince people you are innocent. And, in fact the FBI as far as I know is still investigating her with regard to pay for play and the Clinton foundation. Lets see where that goes when the FBI is not obstructed in their investigation by an Obama controlled corrupt DOJ.
If she is charged and convicted, THEN she is guilty and a criminal. THEN , not now. Whether you like it or not.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:41 PM

*crying towel*

LOL. Lame stuff from grumpy old men defending a sexual predator does not bother me any. I am not complaining about Trump, despite your poor reading comprehension. I am talking about the basic knowldege of civics amongst his supporters.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Civics???? No. But what WAS covered in civics was why the election process is based on the electoral vote and not the popular vote. Republicans don't seem confused about that, however.
A subject I addressed, and have ragged on HC supporters about.

Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies