Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:54 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I don't give a damn if he goes after Hillary or not. I am just thankful that Hillary is gone.
That's pretty much how I see it. I don't want to go after Hillary and don't even care to explain why . They're all on a smaller scale like Hilary and there's bigger fish to fry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 02:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011
I don't give a damn if he goes after Hillary or not. I am just thankful that Hillary is gone.
But doesnt that upset you that he said he would go after her and is now not??

WHEN ARE YA GONNA REALISE: HE JUST SAID ALL THAT BS BEFORE THE ELECTION TO LOOK GOOD!!

Old 11-15-2016, 03:42 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Yeah, I saw this one coming.

Remember folks when we pounded on and on about what Trump was before he magically turned into the conservative Constitution loving candidate 30 months before the election?

Expect A LOT more backtracking or "modifying" of the original intent until it is unrecognizable.

If I am wrong, great... but I don't think I am.

/sigh

Old 11-15-2016, 03:45 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
People need to read threads before they respond.Trump has already announced he is not going after Hillary ,move on.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
People need to read threads before they respond.Trump has already announced he is not going after Hillary ,move on.
Trump also said he wanted to be President for all Americans and yet he appointed Steve Bannon as chief strategist--a racist, anti-Semite, alt-right supporter...
What is inclusive about Steve Bannon??? Nothing...

This is how Trump parses language---HE may not go after her personally but his AG might
I think all this make nice could be just a ply to have Obama leave office w/o issuing a pardon and then have Trump government roll all over her...

Old 11-15-2016, 04:32 AM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
We all know that Hillary broke laws that would get little people put in jail.

For example, she routinely had a maid without clearance access and print off classified information.

Clinton directed her maid to print out classified materials | New York Post

Could you imagine what would happen to some low level FBI guy who had his babysitter access and print off classified info?

However, what good would come of enforcing Rule of Law? If Hillary was treated as a commoner and given a sentence:

#1 Democrats would riot in the streets, commit acts of violence, etc...

#2 Democrats in government would use it as an excuse to not cooperate or broker deals on anything.

In the US, some laws are simply for the little people.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
What he has just told the American people then is that there are laws for the people, and then none for the elite. This should not be an issue of "choice", the fact that he is "choosing" to avoid enforcing the law makes him just as much as a corrupt politician as Obama, Lynch and Comey.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:36 AM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
What he has just told the American people then is that there are laws for the people, and then none for the elite. This should not be an issue of "choice", the fact that he is "choosing" to avoid enforcing the law makes him just as much as a corrupt politician as Obama, Lynch and Comey.
Ultimately you are right.

We are moving in the direction of a Banana Republic.

However, from his point of view - you have thousands of liberals out in the streets rioting, defecating on top of cop cars, hoaxing right wing hate crimes to rile up more hatred to trump love, etc... And then there is the Democrats in congress that he will need to work with.

Can he afford to enforce the rule of law when you know for a fact that the Democrats will scream bloody murder if Hillary is not above certain laws that they view as for just the little people? If he does, isn't his whole presidency starting in a pit?

Old 11-15-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Ultimately you are right.

We are moving in the direction of a Banana Republic.

However, from his point of view - you have thousands of liberals out in the streets rioting, defecating on top of cop cars, hoaxing right wing hate crimes to rile up more hatred to trump love, etc... And then there is the Democrats in congress that he will need to work with.

Can he afford to enforce the rule of law when you know for a fact that the Democrats will scream bloody murder if Hillary is not above certain laws that they view as for just the little people? If he does, isn't his whole presidency starting in a pit?
They will riot regardless. They are like children throwing a tantrum, the only way they will calm down is if you let them have their way and many of them are being instigated by paid political interests.

Also, this isn't a "nation" responsibility, this is a state/local issue and they should start enforcing their own laws rather than giving these criminals a pass because they are afraid of what the democrats might accuse them of.

All we can do is protect the liberty of the people and that includes property as well as life. If these thugs want to commit a crime, lock their dumb arses up. Tell anyone that if they go outside of a peaceful protest, they WILL be put in jail and have the book thrown at them, no exceptions, just like you do with Hillary.

If these protesters want a war, fine... they can have one, but make them actually commit rather than acting like little cowards running around destroying property and beating up people they don't like.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:01 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Most likely, Obama will pardon Hillary, thereby making the Trump administration powerless to do anything.
I'd agree he might do that, except that thanks to the machinations of the DOJ, FBI, DNC, in collusion with the current WH, Hillary was never convicted of anything despite her activities which would be considered criminal if anyone else did them, she has never been convicted of anything. Wouldn't an Obama pardon be an admission of guilt on her part?

As for whether or not Hillary SHOULD be convicted, I'd love to see her have to face the consequences of her actions, but I'm not out there clamoring for this to take priority over the other issues facing Trump. IMO he's right when he says there are more pressing issues that need his attention first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies