Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 05:28 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Ellison's appointment may cause me to re-register to the Republicans.
I can see a lot of moderate Democrats doing so. If I was a Democrat right now, I'd want to see the party move toward the center, not to the left. The Clinton campaign seemed to occupy a middle ground before Sanders forced her to push the campaign to the left. I see that as a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 05:33 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
I watched this bozo on Meet the Press earlier today. Clueless, arrogant, and way far left. If you think the Democratic Party is out of touch now, if he ends up steering them they will be existing in a whole other universe.
Quote:
Ellison defended his party by saying Donald Trump’s “hate and poison” caused its election defeat.
Apparently no one explained to him that the first step towards fixing a problem is acknowledging there is one.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:44 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
OP TITLE: Progressives/Liberals Want Rep. Keith Ellison for DNC Chairman
Somebody needs to ask Mr. Ellison whether he shares certain views of militant parts of his religion. Indeed, most of his religion do not subscribe to those views and some, including my next-door neighbors and one of my tennis partners (three different people) are thoroughly assimilated, and have either worked in Israel or for Israeli companies.

I didn't list those views for fear of an infraction but suffice to say we've learned a lot in the last 15+ years. Requesting that he explain himself is not racist; JFK sure had to. If he doesn't share those views he should so state unequivocally.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
Yep, That's the ticket... move farther to the left!
If you guys actually believe Donald Trump won because of his stance on Free Trade and immigration, then moving left means moving closer to Trump, so yes, that would be the ticket.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:49 PM

It's not just Ellison's religion either. He has supported some VERY far-left ideas over the years, ideas that certainly won't make the DNC popular in swing states.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:50 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
I hope they do. Identity politics trumps all in leftism, and the black Muslim will be selected based on being a black Muslim, with no consideration to his ability or intellect (which has not been demonstrated to be much yet based on his past media appearances).

If he comes out as transgendered they'll collectively orgasm.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:52 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How to shoot yourself in the foot; choose a Muslim! Fools!
Only a Christian will do? Preferably white?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:56 PM

This guy has supported reparations for Black Americans in the past. That will NOT bring the white working class back to the DNC.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:58 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
There is a whole lot wrong with this Muslim !

Years back a Somalian Muslim from Minneapolis kept saying that a Muslim cleric was recruiting young men from a mosque to go back to Somalia and train with a terrorist group there.

The man stated his nephew went missing along with other young men

Other Muslims tried to discredit the uncle and refused to believe him.
Finally, his pleas caught the attention of a congressional committee and they were going to investigate.

Keith Ellison (D-MN) tried to.....BLOCK...the uncle from testifying in Washington DC.

(Ellison stated the uncle's testimony might make Muslims look bad )

The uncle eventually got to testify and everything he had been claiming was found to be true !

and that is the guy Dems want as head of the DNC ?
According to Abdirizak Bihi?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
This guy has supported reparations for Black Americans in the past. That will NOT bring the white working class back to the DNC.
Based on Donald Trumps vote count, the Wight working class didnt leave, they just didnt vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies