Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 06:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times

Advertisements

When you are not taught self control, or how to handle a failure to get what you want, leads to this level of immaturity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 06:57 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,278,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
This is America and we have freedom of speech and the right to publicly protest. And one would think all Americans would respect the right to publicly protest, but today republicans are criticizing, undermining, and belittling their fellow Americans for publicly protesting.

And after Obama won his second term republicans went beyond protesting, and then republicans in all 50 states filled for secession from America. So its not like republicans just accept elections without getting upset.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_s..._for_secession

This is America and we have the right to publicly protest against our politicians. And its one thing to object to someones else's political beliefs, but today republicans are objecting to Americans exercising their right to publicly protest (and that can't be good for democracy.)
Do liberals have a different definition of protesting? Yes everyone has a right to protest but never does that right include blocking highways, burning property, beating someone up for voting differently than you.

How is that acceptable to you??? Totally disgusting.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:19 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
It's amazing. Republicans on my Facebook feed have whined about Obama and Clinton for the last 8 years, as if the world was coming to an end. Now that a Republican wins and some Dems are upset about it, suddenly Republicans think the Dems are being sore losers?

I'm sorry, but if people in your party are gonna whine about election results when you lose, then you have no right to whine about the other team doing it when you win.
We didn't riot and destroy other peoples things.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:20 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,022,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Oh, geez, totally.
Listen, I have about a 50/50 split of dem and repub friends. Or some that lean libertarian.

Whining and posting articles is one thing. I have seen that from time to time on my feed about various issues from my conservative friends. Some are truly eye-roll worthy. For sure.

Telling everyone they are a crazy racist bigot misogynist and declaring they never want you in their life again based on these nutty presumptions for why you voted is another level of coo-coo that is ALL OVER my facebook feed.

Well past the double digits. I have NEVER seen that from even my most crazypants conservative friends.
Same here. It's unbelievable.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Oh, and all the posts about "What am I going to tell my scared kids?!!!"

WTF? Hey, YOU are the ones who scared them with your exaggerated hyperbole in the first place.

The WORST was a teacher friend of mine who said her class was scared. What the HECK are you spewing at the kids in your class?! NO RIGHT no right whatsoever to endorse candidates to school children one way or another. I was livid at even hearing that.
Shows you how well brain washing works.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Right they shouldn't do it,but like you said many still dislike Obama and whine and moan all the things he has done. NOW DEMOCRATS, are doing it. Get used to it. We heard you complain for years. Maybe if Dump would speak up and say a comment on things. Naaaaah,Radical Republicans got mad every Darn time Obama spoke.
Are you better off now, than you were 8 years ago?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Do liberals have a different definition of protesting? Yes everyone has a right to protest but never does that right include blocking highways, burning property, beating someone up for voting differently than you.

How is that acceptable to you??? Totally disgusting.
A generation of spoiled brats, never learned how to deal with disappointment.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:28 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,661,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Democracy doesnt allow rioting. Peaceful protests are fine but you cannot go around destroying property & kicking people. That is criminal activity, not a protest. Sign petitions, organize a march to washington, educate & debate with people but NEVER physically hurt people or destroy your own city. It is anarcy, not democracy
Republicans do things like fly a airplane into a IRS building in Austin, TX killing innocent people, or killing police officers in political anger.
The Tea Party: A History of Violence and List of Simple Truths

We have a problem with violence from both political sides. But today it appears many republicans are criticizing the public protest itself (I apologize if I accused you of that, and I should have responded to other posters in this thread instead of you.)

Have a nice day,
Chad.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:33 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,968,831 times
Quote:
I don't remember getting this butthurt when Obama won and unfriending people on facebook and calling them names.

It's truly astonishing.

I didn't vote for Obama but I accepted the vote of the American people. I didn't cry, pout, go on the street and riot. Nobody did because Republicans are better than that. We are not the party of thugs and low lives.
Shows who is civilized and who is uncivilized. Seems the Democrats are unable to do it the right way.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:42 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,383,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
It's amazing. Republicans on my Facebook feed have whined about Obama and Clinton for the last 8 years, as if the world was coming to an end. Now that a Republican wins and some Dems are upset about it, suddenly Republicans think the Dems are being sore losers?

I'm sorry, but if people in your party are gonna whine about election results when you lose, then you have no right to whine about the other team doing it when you win.
Hypocrite. How many of them rioted, burned buildings, looted stores, skipped work, dropped out of class over it? None. Dems are being a bunch of whiny, spoiled brat, losers and criminal to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies