Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 08:34 PM

97 posts, read 58,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Nothing wrong in venting out about govt if you are not happy but the Republicans didnt resort to threats, violence like liberals are doing right now. Peaceful protests are fine but dont lose your mind over it & start physically hurting people & rioting. Who is the intolerant, racist side now?
Less than 1% of the people are who are just taking full advantage of the situation. Anarchists and thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 10:39 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Wow, you liberals really are out of touch. Right to protest does NOT include blocking traffic, burning down buildings, assaulting people, looting and everything else you people are doing.

Tea party protest, permits, barriers to prevent people getting into traffic, respectful.

Spoiled brat liberal protest:

Republican protesters don't block traffic, they don't vandalize property, and they pick up all their trash after a protest, but is this total order and peacefulness of republican protests actually harmful?

Republicans are doing things like suicide attacks on IRS buildings killing innocent people, and other republicans are doing things like killing police officers in political anger (and this is only a small sample of republican political violence.)
The Tea Party: A History of Violence and List of Simple Truths

Maybe if republican protesters would break some windows, set some fires, and destroy some property they would get out their anger, and then republicans would no longer feel the need to kill innocent people in suicide attacks or kill police officers in political protest.

And personally I would never vandalize personal property during a protest, and I would (NEVER) beat or harm any passing pedestrian. But still I believe there's something for actions like blocking traffic and shutting down a city in political protest.

Citizens in places like Germany and France don't allow themselves to be pushed around like Americans. In France politically upset farmers and truckers do things like blockade oil refineries and bring the whole country to a standstill. And German truckers will block every highway in Germany if their political desires are ignored.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20.../oil.business1

And presently these European citizens are doing things like blocking roads near immigrant bases in protest to immigration laws.
Truck Drivers Block Highway Near Calais, France, In Migrant Crisis Protest : NPR

What are well-mannered republican protests doing besides leaving protesters feeling powerless, and then having these "peaceful protesters" go out and do suicide attacks and kill police officers. And a bunch of republicans doing semi-violent protests to get CEO tax cuts and raise our debt scares the hell out of me, but its better than suicide attacks.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:22 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When you are not taught self control, or how to handle a failure to get what you want, leads to this level of immaturity.

Kind of like those texans and other idiots running their pieholes about secession? Or the countless threats on Obama's life, as well as targeting the Obama children for threats and insults? Let's conveniently forget that shall we? Too many of those inbred Jeds think Patriotism is threatening and insulting the President, running for their binkys, I mean guns, and yapping about secession all because their candidate lost in 2008 and 2012. truly a sorry bunch

Old 11-13-2016, 11:24 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is all led back to bad parenting.
Bad parenting skills, leads to a generation of spoiled brats, willing to bully everyone to get their way.
agreed!! and if left unchecked, they grow up to be Republicans!!!

Old 11-14-2016, 03:49 AM

7,585 posts, read 4,153,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Good article for complainers.

A Few Cold Hard Facts For Snowflakes | Zero Hedge

I am a hardworking legal imigrant who has suffered great disappointments but learnt to get over them & move on with life. My candidate won but even if he hadn't, not a big deal. I was happy for a day, gloated little bit that I was right & thats it. Not even following the news much or reading any hateful facebook posts. Already planning which bluray movies to buy this black friday sale & binging on cheesy hallmark holiday movies. Winning or losing is not everything. Losses & setbacks are a part of life. Stop being so paranoid & over-sensitive.
Everyone got a trophy in a soccer game when I was 6 years old. I don't remember who won. All I remember is taking an opportunity to kick the ball from one side to the other and my name being yelled out.

That didn't damage me. I can lose just fine today.

The very emotional people, winners and losers, would still be that way even if they got trophies. They are not like you or me. They don't get over disappointment or satisfaction in one day. Somebody may have tried to teach them manners by encouraging them to hide their true feelings, but we know it always comes out in different ways.

Don't kid yourself that complainers only grew up in one kind of environment. Complainers are usually the same people who gloat for days and days. They are one in the same.

ETA: What is with Trump's slogan "Make America great again" ? That sounds like people want to go back to the days everyone got trophies, the American dream house, the high paying jobs straight from high school, etc. When my husband and I went house hunting, it was funny seeing these Trump signs posted in neighborhoods where the homes were valued at $400,000.

Last edited by elyn02; 11-14-2016 at 04:02 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 04:25 AM

11,761 posts, read 5,774,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
It's amazing. Republicans on my Facebook feed have whined about Obama and Clinton for the last 8 years, as if the world was coming to an end. Now that a Republican wins and some Dems are upset about it, suddenly Republicans think the Dems are being sore losers?

I'm sorry, but if people in your party are gonna whine about election results when you lose, then you have no right to whine about the other team doing it when you win.
Guess you need new friends! I never post about politics on my Facebook page as I don't care about people's personal preferences. Show me a funny video - your new cat - that's what Facebook is for. But my liberal friends love to post articles about how great BLM are and have done nothing but whine since the election.

I did post to defriend me until they get over their rant and I'm sure they'll get through 4 yrs of Trump just like I got through 8 yrs of Obama. No one defriended me but they're keeping their comments to themselves when it comes to the President elect.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:37 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
This is America and we have the right to publicly protest against our politicians. And its one thing to object to someones else's political beliefs, but today republicans are objecting to Americans exercising their right to publicly protest (and that can't be good for democracy.)
No, they are not. They are objecting to death threats and riots.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:39 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
When my husband and I went house hunting, it was funny seeing these Trump signs posted in neighborhoods where the homes were valued at $400,000.
why was that funny?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,220,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't remember getting this butthurt when Obama won and unfriending people on facebook and calling them names.

It's truly astonishing.
Course not. Everyone who hated Obama has just spent the last 8 years posting racist memes, calling his wife a monkey...you know. Mature stuff.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,220,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
why was that funny?
Because Trump has the middle class snowed? That's my guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies