Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 08:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yup, the Tender Snowflake riots are here. Brought to you by ignorant democrats who not only don't know how our Republic chooses a president, but they are violent, petulant and... did I already say they were 'ignorant?'

Isn't it ironic, that everything they claim to be, they are the complete opposite.

We get to see brainwash, ignorant, idiotic, babies, twirps, whiny, spoil brats, how they really are, when they do not get there way.

Save the BS for someone dumb enough to buy it.

You guys are the ones with the big words, grand statements, heavenly thoughts, but are the devil in disguise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 08:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
Imitating chants you heard, and getting seriously depressed over election results are two different things. In order to prove that what I've referred to here is nothing new you need to show me examples from the media in the 70s where Moms kicked their kids out of the house for voting for a candidate in mock elections at school, or little girls requiring counseling because their preferred candidate didn't win.

Even if it DID happen in isolated cases, it wasn't widespread enough to make headline news like it is these days, so yeah something is very, very different this time around.

If you're saying that bad parenting is nothing new, then yeah I agree but I'm speaking of a particular manifestation of bad parenting here.
What's this "seriously depressed" crap?

Any support for this assertion? There isn't even any support in the OP. Just this whole ZOMG I heard it in the news, oh noes the poor children, oh the humanity frothing.

Talk about hysteria and oversensitivity. You all need a cookie. Bad.

I am SURE children are not lining up for psychiatric counseling in droves over this or anything. If you can find an example or two I am certain you can find an example or two in 2008 and 2012; there are outliers at any time, in any situation, so what?

You poor sensitive snowflakes are really reaching on this oh, the poor kids thing. The kids are fine, stop reaching.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What's this "seriously depressed" crap?

Any support for this assertion? There isn't even any support in the OP. Just this whole ZOMG I heard it in the news, oh noes the poor children, oh the humanity frothing.

Talk about hysteria and oversensitivity. You all need a cookie. Bad.

I am SURE children are not lining up for pshychiatreic counseling in droves over this or anything.
Wrong. Try again.

Counseling centers at all levels of "education" made a specific effort to let students know the centers were open and offered cookies, play-dough, hot chocolate, tissues, etc to their kids.

There is validity in psychology...a mind and body connection.

The SJWs own this bastardized version of proper mental health though.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
Just people offloading their mental illness onto their children. It's sick.
I agree.

Indoctrinating children into racism and grabbing vaginas and building giant walls in terror and anger are child abuse, basically.

Won't somebody please think of the children...

Old 11-12-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Wrong. Try again.

Counseling centers at all levels of "education" made a specific effort to let students know the centers were open and offered cookies, play-dough, hot chocolate, tissues, etc to their kids.

There is validity in psychology...a mind and body connection.

The SJWs own this bastardized version of proper mental health though.
May I see some evidence of these and how many children have required these services in response to the 2016 election?

Or is it more productive to just be randomly hysterical?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
May I see some evidence of these and how many children have required these services in response to the 2016 election?

Or is it more productive to just be randomly hysterical?
Google is your friend. The WSJ had a list of each school and what they did for the snowflakes.

EDIT: Haven't seen numbers on snowflakes going in for tissues. Probably got a little doc-patient privilege going on there.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Google is your friend. The WSJ had a list of each school and what they did for the snowflakes.

EDIT: Haven't seen numbers on snowflakes going in for tissues. Probably got a little doc-patient privilege going on there.
Support please?

Don't demand that I google. You are making this assertion. Evidence, if you please. Remember that this regards children requiring psychiatric services in response to the 2016 elections, specifically. Thanks much.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:16 PM

273 posts, read 201,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Kids should be allowed to be kids. I was allowed to be a kid and those were some of the best years of my life. Kids should be worried about riding their bike down to the ball field or playing in the sandbox, not about politics. And they sure as **** shouldn't have any sort of phone plastered to their heads 24/7. I do recall hearing the names of politicians at the time, but I couldn't care less about crap like that. I was too busy doing what a kid is supposed to be doing. You don't have fun as a kid and you are missing out--you'll never have another chance.
I agree. I loved my childhood and would go back there if I could. So stress free.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Support please?

Don't demand that I google. You are making this assertion. Evidence, if you please. Remember that this regards children requiring psychiatric services in response to the 2016 elections, specifically. Thanks much.
Too lazy to Google? Hell, the links are all over this forum.

*sigh

The trials and tribulations of debating a SJW statist. Gotta do everything for them. So used to their freebies.

Tell ya what: Maybe I'll come back in here with the articles (though I know the WSJ one is only available via subscription).

If this seems too cruel or spiteful I'll leave you this comfort dog to settle your nerves. His name is Snoopy and he's a bit of a troublemaker...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160503074223

Old 11-12-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Too lazy to Google? Hell, the links are all over this forum.

*sigh

The trials and tribulations of debating a SJW statist. Gotta do everything for them. So used to their freebies.

Tell ya what: Maybe I'll come back in here with the articles (though I know the WSJ one is only available via subscription).

If this seems too cruel or spiteful I'll leave you this comfort dog to settle your nerves. His name is Snoopy and he's a bit of a troublemaker...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160503074223
TL: DR - you have no evidence but are hysterical anyway.

Well, thanks for clarifying my point and hope you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies