Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 08:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Every liberal that I know would like to go back to the kind of immigration system that we once had where there were strict quotas.
I've never known any liberals like that. I know only a few conservatives like that. All the liberals I listen to are saying everyone has a constitutional right to immigrate to the US or some such. Just read their posts on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 08:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, as usual with your posts, you are not understanding it correctly.

Every liberal that I know would like to go back to the kind of immigration system that we once had where there were strict quotas.

But you already know that. All of your posts are designed to be divisive. It's a several-times-a-week phenomenon. And that makes it impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. You are part of the problem of polarization in this country.
...does not quite add up to a significant or representative sample of liberals.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...does not quite add up to a significant or representative sample of liberals.
He's like the only liberal I know of who thinks immigration should be more restrictive. And I'm not really sure how restrictive he means, probably not very. I think he meant the immigration law before the 1965 amendments. In that case he's the only liberal I ever heard make that sensible suggestion.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:28 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
It's the same old- me, myself, and mine...republican ideology. We throw away so much in our country- that could probably feed 1/2 the world. So we have plenty, and we have land, we mismanage..
To be clear, we are here , because we killed to rule, we came from all over, I do not think there is one country on earth not represented by some Foreign forefather. We have always been unique in that from the rest of the world. Why are you trying to change what we always have been- after the Indians...the idea that we have to be like robots, talk the same, eat the same, think the same, wear the same clothe or pray the same, is not America, never was... I think this is the very basic division between Americans .

Old 11-12-2016, 08:38 PM

No one acts like Mexico and latin America belongs to the whole world for all emigrate to, neither does the US. People are walking over or jetting in mass within the past few decades and then acting like they're the descendants of the founders the history books didn't mention lol.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:42 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No I would go with America's immigration policy former to 1965 to restrict immigration.
Can you explain how that would solve the issues we face today?

Quote:
Or worse case scenario Spain's policy to finally evict Islam's menace in late 1400s.
Religious war? The Inquisition?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
All the liberals I listen to are saying everyone has a constitutional right to immigrate to the US or some such. Just read their posts on here.
Link up to some so I can read them, please. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Can you explain how that would solve the issues we face today?
The previous immigration law had a national origins quota. Since there was nearly 0.x percent of people from say the Middle east and North Africa in the America population then the immigration quota was something like 2% of that or almost zero. Not the 100,000 or more plus refugees every year from there today. It was demographics, population and culture conserving. Also the total allotment for all immigration was much lower less than a quarter of today.

Quote:
Religious war? The Inquisition?
Islam has been fighting a 1300 year religious war off and on everywhere it can get a foothold.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
The immigration law had a national origins quota. Since there was nearly 0 percent of people from say the Middle east and North Africa in the America population then the immigration quota was something like 3% of that or almost zero. It was demographics conserving. Also the total allotment for all immigration was much lower less than a quarter of today.
I'm not seeing how that would solve the problem we face today. Can you explain?

[quote=mtl1;46174177Islam has been fighting a 1300 year religious war off and on everywhere it can get a foothold.[/quote]

"Islam" isn't a sovereign nation. The USA is. Religious discrimination is illegal here.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:53 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
This is just another typical continental divide question, thinking that ALL liberals (or conservatives) think alike. I don't see 60 million people protesting on the streets and causing issues. Liberals do carry guns, are pro life, etc. This election has seen nothing but pointing fingers and extreme assumptions threads.

To answer your question - OF COURSE NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies