Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 05:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

His hair has been looking better when I have seen recent photos...

Old 11-14-2016, 06:01 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
He gives the Democrats a good reason to get in gear for the next election. That's about all I've got. *shrug*

Old 11-14-2016, 06:18 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
He exposed which Republicans (both public politicians and in personal life) I can respect for thinking for themselves, capable of digging into their conscience, and standing up for their convictions rather than falling along party lines like sheep.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:45 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
He seems to want to really invest in our nation's infrastructure, unlike some of his fellow Republicans.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:01 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Will get to see to great Republican experiment in action. Sink or swim, you can't blame liberals for getting in your way now.
Oh I expect that the Dems will do everything in their power to get in the way. It's just how the R's and D's do things.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:04 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
His election brought an end to the Clinton machine, you can at least admit that much.

The tyranny of the Clinton machine has been defeated, put down, and now non-Clintonista democrats can finally have their chance to run for political office.

If Hilary had won:
  • She would have lorded over the party like a giant sucking maw of darkness.
  • Anyone daring to seek public office would have to present themselves before her, give offerings of money, loyalty, and submission, kiss her ring, and then wait for her approval.

The Democrats should be dancing in the streets, din dong the witch is dead. They should be grateful that Trump won, he set them free.
You forgot the part about Chelsea being "next by divine monarchical right."

Let's all just agree. No more Bushes. No more Clintons.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:12 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I thought his election night speech was very well done, time will tell whether he lives up to it. I have to believe that no one who's ever been elected POTUS truly appreciated what it all meant until it happened, I believe it will have a profound affect on the man.
Agreed. The Presidency is bigger than any one human. I absolutely detest almost everything he stands for, but early evididence is that he's taking the job seriously, and the gravity of the job is not lost on him. He'll make some policy decisions that I absolutely hate, but he will also have some good points too.

As another said, he ended the Bush and the Clinton dynasties, that's good.
He seems to be reasonable with his approach to ACA (keeping the pre-existing condition clause)
I think he's starting to separate election rhetoric (sadly needed to win) from reality.

I doubt I'll be singing his praises, but I am reasonably hopeful that the world won't come to an end, and that we'll find ways to grow as a nation.

I do hope that EVERYONE from both sides will reflect on what this election really meant. As someone who has mostly voted Dem all my life, I certainly have. I'll be a changed person as a result of this election and the outcome. It's up to me to make that a positive thing, to maintain my values, and (at the same time) to be flexible and open minded enough to accept the results and what will come from them.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:23 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Are you so insecure that others religious beliefs offend you?

You sound like those college punks whining and crying because Trump won.

How immature!
Are you?

If you are anti-Roe v Wade then the answer is yes
if you support a ban on Muslims, the answer is yes
if you are against equal marriage rights for LGBT, then the answer is yes

Me, i don't really care what someone else does, who they pray to, or if they pray at all. It's a private matter, and it should be kept that way. Choosing to keep ALL religious activity out of publicly funded activity is how it should be. I'm not offended by others beliefs. I do find it offensive if they should start taking over school and other activities, and force me to choose between joining in, or being left out. (I don't want to be forced to sit by or join in if the prayer is to Allah, Jesus, God, Budha, or anyone else. It's a private matter.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies