Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:28 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times

Advertisements

Was there a time recently where Democrats controlled the Executive Branch, Senate and House?

I don't think the Democratic party is at all in some kind of downfall. I am a conservative and despise the Democratic party, but I will not under estimate them. Maybe the loss against Trump will some how benefit them in the long run, I don't know how, just thinking out loud. Maybe liberals who have always sat at home and never voted or protested will be fired up now. Again just thinking out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 10:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Was there a time recently where Democrats controlled the Executive Branch, Senate and House?

I don't think the Democratic party is at all in some kind of downfall. I am a conservative and despise the Democratic party, but I will not under estimate them.
Yes, in 2008 when obama was elected. They squandered the year pushing obamacare.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
nah.. the dem will have to rebrand themself and learn that voting for someone because they are black, or have a vagina, isnt gonna be bought by the masses.

Just like when they supported the KKK etc..

8 years from now, Dems will be bashing Republicans for voting for a female candidate, just because of whats between her legs.. You mark my words...

You had a female candidate....Carly Fiorinia. But you let Trump bash her looks and qualifications. And none of you said anything to support her. Way to go

Old 11-12-2016, 10:44 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, in 2008 when obama was elected. They squandered the year pushing obamacare.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:58 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

You had a female candidate....Carly Fiorinia. But you let Trump bash her looks and qualifications. And none of you said anything to support her. Way to go
Because being a woman wasn't what was important.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:05 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
The point is republicans didn't care what he said about her appearance. You were probably cheering him on

Old 11-12-2016, 11:17 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post

correct

Old 11-12-2016, 11:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I wonder at the arrogance of the Dems still arrogant and thinking anyone cares what they think when the Republicans control the House, Senate, President, Supreme Court, State Governors, State Legislatures. The Demoncrat Party is in serious meltdown and disarray....the Dem Party is at risk of disintegrating before our eyes. I don't want a 1 party system, are there some sane Democrats that will take back that party from the violent extremist wackos?
Yes, it is true that the Democratic Party has eroded dramatically and has some serious rebuilding to do. Democrats have to recognize that it's not just Comey or a bunch of racists voting for Trump; Democrats have to come clean that they've lost their way.

There will be some form of opposition again; there's always an opposition that can reform again to balance out one ideology. If it bears the name of "Democrat," it will be one that is reborn and rebuilt from the ground up.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

She ran 2 companies into the ground, hardly qualified, and conservatives were aware of her business record. We don't vote for women just because they are women, or men just because they are men.

From a left winger, the reason the Democrats lost and I think pretty spot on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQIcjnMFQo

a lot of cursing, but pretty honest and self-analytical-and to validate his point look at the lack of tolerance, and rioting after the election. Many campuses seem to be some of the problem for promoting this self-defeating behavior.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-12-2016 at 11:31 PM..

Old 11-12-2016, 11:21 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, it is true that the Democratic Party has eroded dramatically and has some serious rebuilding to do. Democrats have to recognize that it's not just Comey or a bunch of racists voting for Trump; Democrats have to come clean that they've lost their way.

There will be some form of opposition again; there's always an opposition that can reform again to balance out one ideology. If it bears the name of "Democrat," it will be one that is reborn and rebuilt from the ground up.
The democrats are doing fine in urban areas still, in my inner city district, the D rep in the US House race won 76%-24% against the R challenger, and in the state house and state senate races for my state district, the D's ran unopposed. It is suburbs and rural areas where R's gained
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies