Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:20 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
This.
About as much as any of the other worthless threads about Trump in the Atlanta forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:19 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
I've been predicting for months that Donald Trump will quit within his first year, leaving the job to Pence. He's already sent signals that he will do this (trying to get out of living in the White House, stating that Pence will be in charge of foreign and domestic policy, etc.). Right now, he's working on loading up his cabinet with stooges (so much for "draining the swamp") so he will have influence without having to do the work. Trump's goal all along was to prove he could win. It was never to govern. And we're all going to see that come January.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:20 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
About as much as any of the other worthless threads about Trump in the Atlanta forum.
I'm guessing people want to vent. There is a Politics forum for that though.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:22 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
I'm guessing people want to vent. There is a Politics forum for that though.
Thank you...

Old 11-14-2016, 09:22 AM

859 posts, read 2,120,300 times
Sure, we all know there is a politics forum but sometimes I have an interest in what my neighbor down the street or across town thinks about the President or some national issue. We have to interact with one another each day and deal with locally, good or bad, whatever policies come out of D.C. So it doesn't annoy me as much when the mods are a bit lax about national issues because I enjoy hearing the opinions of my fellow Atlantans.

My thoughts on Trump, I know others are predicting he will be impeached but I don't think he will. I think he'll capitulate to McConnell et ali and reign in some of the more aggressive parts of his agenda. As JPD said and I agree with, Trump just wanted to prove he could win and will allow others to govern. As we know Trump will say and do anything to get what he wants and I don't think he'll upset certain Republicans too much because saying he's the POTUS means more to him than the "minor details" of policy. Did anyone see that short presser with President Obama? Whatever Obama told him seemed to really humble him which to me was confirmed by the 60 Minutes interview. Trump wants the title alone and will let the D.C. lobbyists that he railed against during the campaign to run the country.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:48 AM

21 posts, read 22,072 times
wuh ? impeachment for Trump ? for what future offense ?? LOL

Old 11-14-2016, 09:53 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Impeached for what??? C'mon folks.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:12 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Impeached for what??? C'mon folks.
Conflicts of interest between his businesses and the government.

Inappropriate ties to foreign countries.

Usurping constitutional rights.

I don't think he'll get impeached, but let's not pretend he's clean of impeachable offenses.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:24 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Like so much else being discussed on this forum, it's simply conjecture at this point.
A Clinton impeachment would have been a more real possibility, since there likely would have been a Republican majority in the House and Senate anyway.
As far as any Republican opposition to Trump goes, that seems to be evaporating quickly. Ryan is in kissass mode; Kasich and the Bushes are done anyway. Funny how quickly that environment can change once a candidate's victory is in hand.
Not sure if I'd say they are done; they may be vindicated, depending on what happens in the next four years.

This country is in for one wild ride for the next four years.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:29 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I've been predicting for months that Donald Trump will quit within his first year, leaving the job to Pence. He's already sent signals that he will do this (trying to get out of living in the White House, stating that Pence will be in charge of foreign and domestic policy, etc.). Right now, he's working on loading up his cabinet with stooges (so much for "draining the swamp") so he will have influence without having to do the work. Trump's goal all along was to prove he could win. It was never to govern. And we're all going to see that come January.
I've said the same exact thing.

But even with all his unpredictability and the inflammatory rhetoric he's used throughout the campaign, I'd actually rather have him in office over Pence. The unpredictability is somewhat of a silver lining, which we see with Trump walking back some of his most popular campaign proposals. On top of that, he's not a conventional Republican and could actually be categorized as something of a centrist, although of the nationalist/protectionist variety. Pence, on the other hand, is a far-right conservative with fully fleshed-out policy positions that are pretty scary in some instances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: