Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 05:27 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
The Dear Leader says Obama was born in America. I know you wouldn't disagree with the Dear Leader.
"I know you wouldn't disagree with the Dear Leader."

I said he was a native.

Do you have reading comprehension problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 05:33 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
The choice of rabid anti-gay right wingers. Would be another of what I'm sure will be many over reaches by the right wing who say that they have a "mandate", when in reality what is, is that they see an opportunity to force their beliefs and ideology on a majority of the country who don't agree with them. Trump lost an election by 300K votes, and most research shows that the American public is pro gay marriage and pro choice...but don't let any of that stop people like Ted Cruz and the pin heads who worship him from forcing their agenda on everyone. It's coming, folks.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
just fyi - you do not have to be a native born American to be on the supreme court. So even Obama would be eligible!
Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship
As a Texan I would be so glad to lose him as Senator
As an American and a woman, I would hate to see him as Supreme Court justice...
But I am a Democrat so screwed either way...
And frankly Cruz is super intelligent but he is too,politicized to be a "jurist" in the pure sense of the word...
Even as AG for Texas, what he did was act as an arm of the Texas Republican Party vs act as an agent of the entire population of Texas...
There is a terrific difference between those two positions...
You can argue almost any position from a legal perspective of you are a smart attorney...
But that does not mean you axiomatically are working as an unbiased one...
Cruz could be a great attorney ---just not a great jurist...much difference...

Old 11-14-2016, 06:20 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Unrelated to Cruz, no Senator from Capitol Hill is going to be on the Supreme Court or in the Trump administration unless their governor is a Republican since the governor will pick a replacement.

Since no one likes Cruz, besides the other Senators trying to get rid of him, maybe Trump doesn't want to alienate the other justices by foisting Cruz on them.

Cruz, probably would turn it down, if offered. Too low profile for the showboat. In fact, I'll bet he was wailing more than Democrats when Trump won since he is hoping to run for POTUS again.

I don't think Cruz is trustworthy enough for any White House job.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The choice of rabid anti-gay right wingers. Would be another of what I'm sure will be many over reaches by the right wing who say that they have a "mandate", when in reality what is, is that they see an opportunity to force their beliefs and ideology on a majority of the country who don't agree with them. Trump lost an election by 300K votes, and most research shows that the American public is pro gay marriage and pro choice...but don't let any of that stop people like Ted Cruz and the pin heads who worship him from forcing their agenda on everyone. It's coming, folks.
", is that they see an opportunity to force their beliefs and ideology on a majority of the country who don't agree with them."

The left has been doing this for YEARS!

The only difference is that YOU support what the let has been doing.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship
As a Texan I would be so glad to lose him as Senator
As an American and a woman, I would hate to see him as Supreme Court justice...
But I am a Democrat so screwed either way...
And frankly Cruz is super intelligent but he is too,politicized to be a "jurist" in the pure sense of the word...
Even as AG for Texas, what he did was act as an arm of the Texas Republican Party vs act as an agent of the entire population of Texas...
There is a terrific difference between those two positions...
You can argue almost any position from a legal perspective of you are a smart attorney...
But that does not mean you axiomatically are working as an unbiased one...
Cruz could be a great attorney ---just not a great jurist...much difference...

Elections have consequences. Some good some bad.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
I think Ted brought it on himself and will have to simply accept his fate as the loser he now is.
???
Trump was the liar here. Trump brought this on to Ted.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:14 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Unrelated to Cruz, no Senator from Capitol Hill is going to be on the Supreme Court or in the Trump administration unless their governor is a Republican since the governor will pick a replacement.
Very good point.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:27 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't think Cruz is trustworthy enough for any White House job.
So. Trump lies over and over agian, makes one lie accusation over and over...

And you people call Cruz the liar?

Its Obama voters all over again...

Old 11-14-2016, 11:28 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
We should not strive to be like Iran with a judiciary whose rulings come straight out of a holy book.

Since Cruz's ideology is inseperable from his religious beliefs, he would be a proxy theocrat.

So, no to Cruz. We are not Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies