Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:43 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Why do I get a feeling that no matter what happens, it will be called 'staged' or 'fabricated', or that everyone doing something bad is "professional" or paid to do something. That kind of conspiracy talk has Breitbart written all over it. Get used to it.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:44 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Question Democrat rioters are white 20-somethings. .. Career criminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Mark my words. More hate filled graffiti and hate crimes will be committed and reported by left wing jackasses pretending to be right wingers. The difference is they won't get away with just a fine and a pat on the ass like with the Obama administration.
Maybe but new techniques like the Portland police highlighting the arrested mug shots that show almost all the criminals as white men in their 20's that represent democrats.

Highlighting that many of these crimes are professional criminals who travel to cities to riot and are even paid will continue turning the democratic party brand into criminals which will turn off even their base. Why do democrats think this will work?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:46 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Highlighting that many of these crimes are professional criminals who travel to cities to riot and are even paid will continue turning the democratic party brand into criminals which will turn off even their base.
LOL I was just saying.......

Old 11-14-2016, 06:52 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Oh, geez, I should have know the Southern Poverty Law Center would be responsible for this alarmist nonsense. If an actual news source and not hacks known for partisan extremist garbage starts taking these cases seriously, we'll discuss it.
But again, I'd bet many or most of these crimes are bogus or done by those wanting to frame Trump supporters. If your enemy won't give you cause to hate them, do it yourself and blame them.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:54 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
Turns out (Surprise, surprise!) that they are mostly fake.

"The narrative emerging of a rash of Donald Trump-inspired hate crimes is populated by hoaxes, as Elizabeth Nolan Brown points out at Reason. A Muslim female student in Louisiana had her claim of being assaulted by racists in Trump hats went viral — until she admitted she made it up. A young San Diego Muslim woman’s tale of being targeted for theft by Trumpers didn’t quite hold up. A supposed gay bashing by Trump fans in Santa Monica is falling apart. Same goes for a supposed racist attack in Delaware and an anti-Asian incident in Minnesota. “Less dramatic acts of racism . . . do seem to be bubbling up more frequently this week,” she writes. But that’s “a world apart from the wave of ‘hate crimes’ and violent attacks that many are conjuring up right now.”

Graffiti and stuff of the words-will-never-hurt-me variety are common to both sides in every election's aftermath. Nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:55 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I wonder how loudly if you would whine if someone painted swastikas on your house or left a noose hanging from your tree.
Without video, I don't believe it. How many racist acts turned out to be hoaxes? Show me videos or confessions and maybe I will believe.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:56 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Our neighbors are the same people they were a week ago. If they treated people with respect a week ago, they still do. If they did not treat people with respect a week ago, they still do not.

If that woman is racist now, she was racist a week ago. The election of Trump did not convince anyone. Nobody wakes up one morning and tells herself, "Hey, how about trying to be a racist, it is fashionable and trendy." It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

What will President Trump and his Administration do to show he is bringing folks together rather than catering to some folks' specific, dark agendas? That’s the confusion point.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do I get a feeling that no matter what happens, it will be called 'staged' or 'fabricated', or that everyone doing something bad is "professional" or paid to do something. That kind of conspiracy talk has Breitbart written all over it. Get used to it.
Because most of them will be staged or fabricated. Yes, it really is that simple.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:07 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because it happens too often. Remember the mosque fires after the San Bernadine attack? They went on all across the country and the media barely even talked about the victims of the attacks from worrying so much about all that Islamaphobia. Then a fire was set at a shopping center mosque that just happened to have surveillance cameras at another store, and it was a mosque member. All the sudden, we didn't hear about any more mosque fires.

The poop swaztica at Missou that not one person ever thought to take a picture of (really?) that got a university president fired.

Several instances of black activists posing as white supremacists calling or writing threats to black people that were caught.

Don't you see? It's like what happens when people make false rape accusations. It makes it harder for real incidents to be believed.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Just more stellar examples of Trump's most loyal fans spouting off the bigotry they believe; it's a shame that any normal people voted for the guy or all this could have been prevented. The rising tide of bigotry and hate is bad enough that even the Trump sock-puppets at Fox News are reporting on it.

Reports of racist graffiti, hate crimes post-election/

Racist Incidents Are Up Since Donald Trump’s Election. These Are Just a Few of Them

Hate Crimes After Trump’s Election Happening Across the Country

To those who voted for Trump, this is what you voted to support, if only indirectly. Maybe you didn't mean to vote in hatred and bigotry, and I get that, but you should have done your homework on what was really driving too many people to support Trump. Mark my words: more lives will be destroyed by right-wing bigots in the next four years than will be destroyed by the anti-Trump protests.
I bet 99% of those stories are self inflicted or made up.
even then, it pales in comparison to what proud Trump supporters are being subject to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies